Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1086008 times)

2012-10-25, 15:27:26
Reply #15

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture
Here you an example. I found that the problem could to be the fog color in vray material. Maybe because in Corona there's no value like that, in fact I had problems achieving the same effect on another scene, building the material from scratch. I tried to change the refraction color, but it will affect also the "amount [level] of refractiveness", I ended up with too much a bright color.
Settings in the hidden tabs are at default values.

Thank you for the support

2012-10-25, 16:15:32
Reply #16

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Aaaah, ok. Yes, I'm pretty sure it's caused by the Fog/Absorption conversion. This is indeed a problem and I fear it's not so easy to solve. Those two work kind of different. When I set a Vray material to 0.001 multiplier there will be almost no visible effect at all. If i do the same thing with corona it absorbs everything right below the surface. I'm not sure if there is any reasonable way to convert those values... I could make a checkbox to ignore fog but I'm not sure if this would be a great help.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2012-11-23, 06:12:28
Reply #17

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

It looks like the script doesn't like converting groups. If I open the group, deselect the group, select the objects, run script is works.
I've seen it happen a couple of times. Just not a 100% its just a group thing.

cheers

2012-11-23, 07:53:56
Reply #18

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I doubt Vray fog will be possible to convert. It's a potato value, not based on actual defined distance but rather perception....

2012-11-23, 11:42:01
Reply #19

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Javadevil: Who the hell is using groups ;) hmm... never tried that since I've never used groups for several (imho) good reasons. I think I know why this happens but I will have a look on it, thanks for reporting :)

Rawalanche: exactly...

2012-11-24, 07:23:07
Reply #20

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hehe Yeah I know Groups can be dodgy, but there quick and easy to use and with the Outliner script I can select objects in side the group without opening it.

cheers

2013-01-15, 14:32:56
Reply #21

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
It would be nice if we have an option to automatically reduce the blurriness of the maps with a  value since corona doesn't deal good with the blur value ( about 0.3 or 0.2 is a good value for now )

2013-01-15, 14:49:01
Reply #23

Paul Jones

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry wrong post - sure there is one somewhere on uservoice or SAT

2013-01-15, 15:50:31
Reply #25

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I will make a note on this and try to implement it. Currently I don't have time to work on script stuff but I hope I can do it some time soon. I will make an option to clamp blurring to value x (in bitmaps).

2013-01-15, 16:03:16
Reply #26

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
I will make a note on this and try to implement it. Currently I don't have time to work on script stuff but I hope I can do it some time soon. I will make an option to clamp blurring to value x (in bitmaps).

Thanks dude we will wait !

2013-01-22, 15:36:42
Reply #27

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, included the clamping blur function :)
I also (quickly) tested groups. If you are using the "all materials + maps" conversion method it should work. I found a bug when using the "selected..." options with groups (I will try to fix that soon) but if you're doing a full conversion it should work as expected. If you have a max file with a group that does not work it would be very helpful :).

changelog:
*v0.11
  • added bitmap blur altering option

(edit) Btw, if you need more bitmap blurring options you definitely should try this script:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/mass-filtering
I normally use this one to do that kind of stuff
« Last Edit: 2013-01-22, 15:39:01 by DeadClown »

2013-01-22, 22:00:34
Reply #28

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile

2013-02-05, 18:01:32
Reply #29

Animator89

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Super cool script! :)
I think that for vray material is washed to check for fresnel checkbox.
I do not know with max script but in pseudocode it would be like:

If checkbox "use fresnel reflecrion" NOT assigned and reflective color value not 0 or applyed map to reflection color
Then assign fresnel value in corona material to 20 (for exemple 20 - very high number)

simple convert non fresnel type vray reflection to high value freshnel reflection in corona material
Sorry for my bad English