Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1086033 times)

2012-10-10, 22:19:47

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
IMPORTANT NOTE
The Corona Converter is now maintained and developed by the Corona Team. I decided to stop dragging it out any further. As you may have noticed, updates and fixes were rather slow and quite far apart. The reason is that I haven't been using Corona in quite a while, mostly because my focus shifted more towards other DCCs where Corona does not exist. So, I fell behind following the news and changes that have been made in Corona and at this point I have missed many things that should be reflected in the converter. I think that it is unfair to the users to let the converter wither like that and asked the Corona guys if they wanted to take over - which they thankfully did :) .

Long story short: As of now, bug reports and feature wishes go directly to the respective forums.

Thanks to all of you for your support and the great connections and friendships I made here since 2012.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Written by Martin Geupel (http://www.racoon-artworks.de)

The Script will be continuously updated. You will find the latest versions and the changelog at the page linked below.

To Download the latest Script versions click here:
> > Corona Material Converter

_________________________________________________________________________________________
« Last Edit: 2020-01-07, 13:05:59 by DeadClown »
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2012-10-10, 22:22:58
Reply #1

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
New Version:

changelog:
*v0.08
  • Reset MatEditor to Corona Materials added
  • better fR_Architectural translucency conversion by Rawalanche (+ glassmode)
  • better MR_ArchAndDesign translucency conversion by Rawalanche (+ glassmode)

I'm still struggling with the Vray translucency conversion since converting system units into some "scalar" value doesn't make sense to me :-/
Thanks for your more detailed MR translucency conversion technique Rawalanche, it helped a lot :)
« Last Edit: 2012-10-10, 22:29:06 by DeadClown »

2012-10-10, 22:33:25
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
stickied
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-10-10, 23:42:06
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Wow, i can't believe how well the script works now! I can convert all my scenes with a single click and all materials are converted properly. Great job! :)))

2012-10-10, 23:55:50
Reply #4

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I'm happy to hear that :) I didn't test it so much on "real" production scenes yet. If you have any suggestions how to make conversions better, don't be too shy to tell me ;)

2012-10-11, 22:52:59
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Found a bug. All converted Arch&Design materials have 0,1 anisotropy value even when anisotropy on source Arch&Design materials is disabled ;)

2012-10-11, 23:30:26
Reply #6

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Arghh... this anisotropy stuff is driving me crazy. It's fixed now... hopefully...

changelog:
*v0.085
  • fixed MR_ArchAndDesign and fR_Architectural Anisotropy.. again

2012-10-12, 07:28:36
Reply #7

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

2012-10-12, 10:27:05
Reply #8

Oltskul

• Active Users
  • "Whoa, that is lot of boxes!" Adam West
    • View Profile
Hi,

i have tested Material converter for quick. And it did not convert materials from FR - some older version (i dont know exatly)

Ill try to learn more when i come home from work..

BTW, does it work so straightforward as it looks?

Regards
Corona is like some king of addictive game... "Just one... More... Render... Before... Then i will do something... Useful"

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2012-10-12, 11:11:39
Reply #9

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
i have tested Material converter for quick. And it did not convert materials from FR - some older version (i dont know exatly)

fR changed a lot since R2, so you should at least have 3.5 to be sure the converter works. I don't know what could be wrong or not working, so if you have any error messages in the Listener, please post them here or to me via pm

BTW, does it work so straightforward as it looks?

What do you mean? Normally you should just have to press the button and that's it ;) Conversion results may of course differ from your original materials since corona mats don't work exactly like fR_Advanced or other shaders. So you may have to correct some things by hand. But all in all it works pretty well without to much additional fixing. It's also depending on the maps and plugins you use. The script tries to convert vray specific maps (since corona does not support them) but there is currently no conversion for fR maps or fR materials apart from fR_Advanced and fR_Architectural (since there are so many of them in fR).

2012-10-12, 11:24:54
Reply #10

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I checked the fR methods again. With my fix yesterday I killed a FR_Architectural function :S. There was not much fR functionality testing since I don't have fR at home (i can only test that while being at work ;-) )

changelog:
*v0.09
  • fR_Architectural was broken, fixed that

2012-10-24, 13:49:56
Reply #11

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Since Corona is crashing when you use a normal map somewhere in your materials I added a normal map warning with the ability to chose to replace those with a "empty" black color.

changelog:
*v0.10
  • added a "normal bump" map warning with replacement functionality

2012-10-25, 12:20:09
Reply #12

meitan1979

it's very  nice script!i just ready to  standy this rendertools ....so  hope too continuous updates.

2012-10-25, 12:39:18
Reply #13

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture
I found some weird behaviour with glass conversion from vray material: everything in corona material is set correctly, diffuse/reflection/refraction except obviously the twosided check , but the material preview slot appear black, if the refraction value is 0. Resetting the material in a new corona material solve the problem. Everything else works fine.

Thank you for the script.

2012-10-25, 13:30:17
Reply #14

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I found some weird behaviour with glass conversion from vray material: everything in corona material is set correctly, diffuse/reflection/refraction except obviously the twosided check , but the material preview slot appear black, if the refraction value is 0.

mhhh.. I'm not sure what you mean? I tested converting a refractive material and I don't have any problems here. Could you be a bit more specific which material you're trying to convert? A Screenshot of an example material would be very helpful.