Author Topic: PC freezing  (Read 2662 times)

2020-05-07, 19:51:40

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Since I installed my new ryzen 3950x in my existing build I had several Windows freeze while rendering and opening Chrome. It completely freezes the computer and I have to press the reset button.
It doesn't happen often, but I'm concerned.

Do you see anything out of the normal in the attached measurements by ryzen master?
Thanks!

2020-05-08, 16:03:43
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Standard stuff: do you have all drivers updated, newest bios, chipset driver, bios reset to factory defaults...?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-05-08, 16:16:23
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Standard stuff: do you have all drivers updated, newest bios, chipset driver, bios reset to factory defaults...?

Thanks Maru.

I updated the BIOS before installing the new chip. It was actually required for my asrock motherboard if I wanted to install the 3950x.
Drivers? For other hardware you mean?
I don't think I updated the chipset drivers, no. I'll take a look at this.

2020-05-17, 12:52:58
Reply #3

nerfherder

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had a similar issue recently with 2 different machines - random freezes, except sometimes the mouse would still work. Would happen under load & whilst idle. In the end, I reformatted one of the machines (2990wx) and slowly added my software back on 1 at a time and (so far) all seems fine. The other machine I simply did a Windows update - I think that's probably what caused both the problems. So in other words, if that sounds like the problem your facing, check you're on the latest Windows version. Good luck!