Author Topic: batch render with interactive light elements  (Read 3988 times)

2017-08-11, 12:35:12

berbay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all!!
I have a problem with batch rendering.

I want to render 2 image of same project with .cxr format. I want the first image with an hdri, second with a corona sky.  It seems very easy, but unfortunately I couldn't manage to do it.  So far I have achieved to receive 2 cxr. format output, but none of them have the interactive light elements. Somehow batch render erases them...

I would be really appreciate if anyone give it a try... 

thank you already...

2017-08-11, 17:33:02
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I can confirm this, the batch render deletes light objects from the LightSelect render elements (it will leave the Include Environment checked or not, though). I was using Max 2018 in this case (as Max 2017 has borked its UI and won't show the Scene States dialog), and the Aug 9th daily build.

- Create simple scene, one CoronaLight, CoronaBitmap with HDRI as Max Environment
- Set up LightMix, and two LightSelect layers (one with the CoronaLight, one with nothing in it but Include Environment checked)
- Saved the Scene State with everything selected as components to save
- Changed the CoronaBitmap to CoronaSky for the Max Enviro
- Saved a new Scene State with everything selected as components to save
- On Batch rendering, I get the two Environment LighSelect cxrs showing correctly (one lit by the Sky, one by the HDRI). I also get the CoronaLight LightSelect files, but both are black. I get both LightMix cxr files, which correctly show illumination from both CoronaLight and Environment, but the cxr has no LightMix ability in the CIE.
- On checking Render Elements after Batch Rendering, the LightMix with the CoronaLight now shows <deleted> where it used to show the CoronaLight

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-10-29, 09:02:23
Reply #2

zollska

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any solution for this problem? i just recently encoutered this and its really frustrating :-(
3DS Max & Cinema 4D

2018-11-02, 12:27:34
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry, but we don't have any new findings yet. We will look into this ASAP.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-02-20, 16:06:25
Reply #4

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
This has been fixed in V3. Definitely not an issue in the latest Dailies.

2019-03-13, 10:10:00
Reply #5

aurorafactory

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi
I upgraded to corona 3.0 yesterday because all the lights in my render elements were being erased in the dialog and tried to batch render a scene- I removed all the routes from each render element and I'm still getting everything erased. Also created a new render preset with corona 3.0 before trying to batch render. I'm using 3dsmax 2016
Am I missing something else?
thanks

2019-03-14, 15:38:24
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi
I upgraded to corona 3.0 yesterday because all the lights in my render elements were being erased in the dialog and tried to batch render a scene- I removed all the routes from each render element and I'm still getting everything erased. Also created a new render preset with corona 3.0 before trying to batch render. I'm using 3dsmax 2016
Am I missing something else?
thanks
Can you explain what exactly you did and what exactly happened, so that we can try reproducing it?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us