Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524548 times)

2021-08-06, 16:58:00
Reply #930

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since there is so much to implement, I would like to know, what do you want the most.

Everyone has multiple votes, so you cannot simply check everything ;). Choose wisely. I'll use the results as a guideline to what is needed the most.

.mtl support or plugin! and a better material converter.

Arent .mtl files just holding standard materials for an obj? or has there been some format development i missed? Max supports mtl natively. As for the material converter if theres an issue youre probably best posting in the dedicated thread

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33253.0

2021-08-06, 17:23:31
Reply #931

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
LOOL this is for 3ds max, Im a c4d user. Thats my mistake.

2021-08-12, 21:30:56
Reply #932

reza993

• Users
    • View Profile
Please add a feature to the corona converter for converting to corona legacy for those who work with corona 6 or earlier versions. it should be an option for users to work with PBR and legacy mode together, but when converting materials, all of them convert to PBR materials.

2021-08-19, 18:39:13
Reply #933

nockain

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone. I am in charge of a small video game studio in south florida / Miami, and placing the sentence on the first page of this "Ondra" thread:

"I'm agreeing with Loocas on this one - Corona is already fast, so I thought it would be better to add something entirely new instead of speeding it up more. But evidently people want it;)"

We are probably the only studio in the region that is developing a completely corona render / Unreal 4/5 videogame.

Here the boys and I need precisely this:
A corona / unreal transporter Plugins / tool similar to Vray's would be something that would benefit everyone. Today, many think about corona vs Unreal and I think that nobody has understood well how things are going.
It is corona render / unreal, not corona vs unreal. But I repeat, only we need something like that so that our study can advance thousands of hours of development that today we lose with Datasmith as a max / unreal tool.

If we had at least Corona render / Unreal on that list, it would be a step ahead for Ondra's team to even consider it, since it does not appear even in their official Trello.

Corona Render plugins for Unreal engine 5

Our entire library is in corona render, and we already have hundreds of assets made and many entire scenarios already configured. We have no turning back.
We are very proud to be one of the first studios to work with corona render / Unreal, whether we finally have this plugins in the future or not.

In the past we paid a developer who developed a plugin to view the corona render materials within unreal, very similar to how you see them in max. But the process was slow, and we continue to pray for a tool that cuts hours.

Thanks.

2021-08-30, 17:00:22
Reply #934

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Have you tried talking to Epic about the Datasmith integration?
In my experience it was Awful, the normal maps were used as diffuse and all the materials had to be redone inside unreal, datamsith was a total mess...
Everyone here would benefit from that integration!

Hi everyone. I am in charge of a small video game studio in south florida / Miami, and placing the sentence on the first page of this "Ondra" thread:

"I'm agreeing with Loocas on this one - Corona is already fast, so I thought it would be better to add something entirely new instead of speeding it up more. But evidently people want it;)"

We are probably the only studio in the region that is developing a completely corona render / Unreal 4/5 videogame.

Here the boys and I need precisely this:
A corona / unreal transporter Plugins / tool similar to Vray's would be something that would benefit everyone. Today, many think about corona vs Unreal and I think that nobody has understood well how things are going.
It is corona render / unreal, not corona vs unreal. But I repeat, only we need something like that so that our study can advance thousands of hours of development that today we lose with Datasmith as a max / unreal tool.

If we had at least Corona render / Unreal on that list, it would be a step ahead for Ondra's team to even consider it, since it does not appear even in their official Trello.

Corona Render plugins for Unreal engine 5

Our entire library is in corona render, and we already have hundreds of assets made and many entire scenarios already configured. We have no turning back.
We are very proud to be one of the first studios to work with corona render / Unreal, whether we finally have this plugins in the future or not.

In the past we paid a developer who developed a plugin to view the corona render materials within unreal, very similar to how you see them in max. But the process was slow, and we continue to pray for a tool that cuts hours.

Thanks.

2021-09-01, 00:36:03
Reply #935

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have an idea, do something similar with adaptivity and Corona will become much faster!

2021-09-01, 10:21:46
Reply #936

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Corona uses adaptivity for ages already, Fstorm is just catching up ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-09-01, 12:59:52
Reply #937

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona uses adaptivity for ages already, Fstorm is just catching up ;]

Sorry for my doubts, Fstorm calculating some prepass, that makes render on the latest passes more effectivity, then Corona. It is cleanup the image better, while Corona do not cleanup the images and staying on the same noise level for some areas in the internal (for example corners inside room).

2021-09-01, 14:18:55
Reply #938

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Well, if you know how Corona and Fstorm works internally, then feel free to ignore my argument, because i don't have such knowledge for sure. All i know is that Corona has adaptivity since 2016.

2021-09-01, 14:22:02
Reply #939

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
while Corona do not cleanup the images and staying on the same noise level for some areas in the internal (for example corners inside room).

Do you have a scene where the noise stays on the same level for a long time? This sounds like a bug.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-09-01, 15:05:04
Reply #940

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
while Corona do not cleanup the images and staying on the same noise level for some areas in the internal (for example corners inside room).

Do you have a scene where the noise stays on the same level for a long time? This sounds like a bug.

As far as I know, Corona was never able to clean the image entirely. I thought that was the main reason why denoising came to be.

Maybe what the OP is referring to is that Fstorm starts cleaning the whole image, then when certain areas reach a threshold, it continues to smaller areas where there's still noise, and so forth until it tries to resolve the last parts of noise.
In Fstorm it's easy to see because it has a render element that shows this clearly. You can actually stop to change the threshold and then continue processing the image until you're satisfied with the noise level.

Just my 2 cents.

2021-09-01, 15:37:20
Reply #941

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Which is pretty much what Corona does - there's a render element for it too, the SamplingFocus, where white shows where Corona is focusing most of its processing (areas with noise) and black where it doesn't need to spend so much time calculating.

Denoising came to be simply to reduce how many passes you have to do in order to get a clean image :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-09-01, 17:06:02
Reply #942

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Which is pretty much what Corona does - there's a render element for it too, the SamplingFocus, where white shows where Corona is focusing most of its processing (areas with noise) and black where it doesn't need to spend so much time calculating.

Denoising came to be simply to reduce how many passes you have to do in order to get a clean image :)

The attached is a simple scene.
It's very hard to make any sense from the SamplingFocus element.

With Fstorm (as far as I remember), in red you can see the areas that didn't reach the threshold yet, in green the areas that did, and in black the areas that have no noise (I think).

From the sampling focus element in this example, to me it's like Corona is trying to solve some random lines.

2021-09-01, 19:58:42
Reply #943

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
@lupaz, i'm pretty sure it shouldn't look like that. Perhaps a bug? The support might be interested in the scene.

2021-09-01, 22:11:57
Reply #944

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@lupaz, i'm pretty sure it shouldn't look like that. Perhaps a bug? The support might be interested in the scene.

Sure. I'll upload the scene tomorrow morning (NY)