Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524253 times)

2019-11-18, 13:22:00
Reply #705

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Please!!

Lightmix per camera

Hi, i would be awesome to have the ability to load a lightmix per camera, that way we could have an enormous range and flexibility.
What do you think??

2019-11-18, 18:50:55
Reply #706

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please!!

Lightmix per camera

Hi, i would be awesome to have the ability to load a lightmix per camera, that way we could have an enormous range and flexibility.
What do you think??

Just save the preset for each camera and load it, when you need. it is already working.

2019-11-19, 02:44:45
Reply #707

arqrenderz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
But if you have a loader slot on the corona camera it would be SO much better option, no?
You could send works to backburner just selection your camera and boom, there you have your render with your custom lightmix settings for that specific camera.

2019-11-24, 00:15:45
Reply #708

speltospel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • closeupvisual.com
But if you have a loader slot on the corona camera it would be SO much better option, no?
You could send works to backburner just selection your camera and boom, there you have your render with your custom lightmix settings for that specific camera.

cool idea.
for example, I render studio light. I have a one product and I need to do 8 different angles to it.

I came to the fact that I do not create 8 different scene files. I create one scene. and doing instances of the object and the whole world, lights and cameras. I delimit the scenes in black boxes. so that the light does not interfere with each other. and I’m doing multilight in the Instance mode. all is cool. but if I should change the source intensity. it should be made a copy, not an instance. Your idea corrects this.

2019-11-24, 11:15:51
Reply #709

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Did you try Pulze scene manager? It does all this very easily.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-11-26, 13:22:38
Reply #710

arqrenderz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Did you try Pulze scene manager? It does all this very easily.
We have our own plugin that makes what pulze do (not a copy, we had the idea a time back :) but pulze wont do lightmix per camera right?

2019-11-26, 13:48:21
Reply #711

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Not completely straightforward right now, but you can enable saving passes per camera setup in it.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2019-11-28, 10:12:22
Reply #712

JViz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
1. Fstorm introduced a new feature. a texture tiling randomiser. it takes a texture and randomises its locations and rotations over geometry while blending the edges in a way that removes seams, it effectively makes it possible to use, for example, a 2x2 meters textures over a surface that is 100x100 meters or more with no visible tiling which is extremely useful in Archviz especially for glossiness textures.

2. Fstorm has a noise map that is so natural in its structure it might be the best out there, if you compare the structure of that noise to real life objects you realise it's really smart and emulates a wide range of medium and small scale noise that happens naturally in paper plastics leather stone, you name it. maybe it's time to have a dedicated corona noise map.

I posted this elsewhere but here it is again I think the first feature is especially useful.
Although a purist, my work is anything but.
https://www.behance.net/ImageInnate

2019-11-28, 12:12:31
Reply #713

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile
also they new fstorm "material projection" feature looks really nice.

https://www.facebook.com/100011312288765/videos/947879395599128/

2019-11-28, 13:18:47
Reply #714

JViz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
yeah this latest feature is absolutely crazy.
Although a purist, my work is anything but.
https://www.behance.net/ImageInnate

2019-11-28, 15:06:24
Reply #715

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
So..Decals basically. That's seriously amazing.

2019-11-28, 16:00:06
Reply #716

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for that! Would be extremely useful for my work with city models and site planning :)

2019-11-28, 16:33:19
Reply #717

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
+1 for that! Would be extremely useful for my work with city models and site planning :)

I think this would be useful for anyone's work :] That is something i waited for a long time for Autodesk to implement, at least at map level. I wonder how it affects performance - it didn't look very smooth in viewport.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-11-28, 16:36:16
Reply #718

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
1. Fstorm introduced a new feature. a texture tiling randomiser. it takes a texture and randomises its locations and rotations over geometry while blending the edges in a way that removes seams, it effectively makes it possible to use, for example, a 2x2 meters textures over a surface that is 100x100 meters or more with no visible tiling which is extremely useful in Archviz especially for glossiness textures.

2. Fstorm has a noise map that is so natural in its structure it might be the best out there, if you compare the structure of that noise to real life objects you realise it's really smart and emulates a wide range of medium and small scale noise that happens naturally in paper plastics leather stone, you name it. maybe it's time to have a dedicated corona noise map.

I posted this elsewhere but here it is again I think the first feature is especially useful.

Both of these sound great tbh.

What exactly is meant by "DSLR style tone mapping"?

2019-11-28, 17:40:15
Reply #719

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
+1 for that texture projection tech! amazing..... would be incredibly useful....
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com