Author Topic: remove corona dlls from max files !  (Read 11681 times)

2015-05-16, 09:19:02

puyanama

hi everyone, how can i remove completely corona from my pc? all my max files are combined from corona dll / how can i fix this problem? anyone can help me?
im using Corona_Alpha6.1 :(

2015-05-16, 13:50:54
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-05-18, 13:37:06
Reply #3

puyanama

im uninstall corona by Corona3dsmaxRemove but corona mixed my files when i open max files show me the message in attachment

how can i remove completely corona renderer?

2015-05-18, 14:33:21
Reply #4

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
That doesn't have anything to do with corona uninstall. You have stuff in your scene (proxies, materials, maps...) which are Corona classes. It's like having a couple of books laying around with your name on it, even if you're not there the books still refer to you.
So the only way to get rid of this is deleting all corona proxies, all corona materials and all materials out of the scene (that's the same thing with all renderers or max plugins) - in my analogy: removing all labels from the books.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-05-18, 14:40:33
Reply #5

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not about uninstalling Corona, it's about removing any Corona related content from your scene, that's what the error is about. Max complains about Corona content which can't be properly opened without Corona installed.

You need to remove any Corona related content, there are various places where to look:

- what's the current main renderer? If it's Corona, change to something else
- Convert materials/maps to something else
- keep in mind that the UVUnwrap modifier may still refer to Corona specific maps. To reset this, select each object with an Unwrap modifier that had a material with a Corona map assigned, open the UV Editor and reset maps in the top right roll down menu. Repeat for every object with materials that have used Corona maps
- Delete Corona Lights
- Delete or convert any other entity specific to Corona (Proxies, Portals etc.)

I may have forgotten something.