Author Topic: mayaToCorona 0.37  (Read 10821 times)

2015-04-13, 12:04:27

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
release 0.37
- switched to new Corona API with new license procedure
- fixed a crash if motion blur is turned off and a object has motionblur turned off as well
- fixed the case where one shader is assigned per face (what handles maya differntly than one shader for one object)
- fixed a crash which occured after changing the image resolution after a rendering. #183
- fixed rendering template objects. #184
- fixed wrong IPR execution
- reimplemented reusing previous defined shader data (helpful for scenes with a lot of objects)
- improved texture handling
- implemented corona intern shader swatch preview
- restructured module file

In the output window there should now appear logging informations.
The shader preview now is created with the Corona internal shader preview and should be better.
Texture handling. OpenImageIO/OSL is quite slow with larger texture files. It is recommended to use tiled and mipmapped files created with maketx.exe instead of the original ones.
There is no automatic conversion done yet, but I'll create a script to simplify the workflow. Meanwhile if you want to try it, you can convert the files with:

maketx.exe -v -oiio -o outputFileName.exr originalFilename.ext

e.g.

mayaToCorona/bin/maketx.exe -v -oiio -o myConvertedImage.exr someConcreteTexture.tif

The output file extension has to be .exr. That's important. Then you can load the images in maya and replace the original ones.
In a future version, I'll streamline the workflow so that you can simply turn on the file optimisation in the renderglobals and let the plugin do the rest.

As usual, please report any problems as exact as possible.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-13, 18:52:00 by haggi »

2015-04-13, 21:26:05
Reply #1

AndrewAdler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fixed bugs works without bugs
Thank you

2015-04-14, 01:13:47
Reply #2

Hamburger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can't render with this version.

The Hypershade seems to be all noise, then when I render region or do a full render - this error appears;

# mtCoronaLogger : renderProcedure #
# Executing mayaToCorona... #
# Set logging level to WARNING #
# Error: mtCoronaLogger : Rendering is in progress, cannot proceed. Please stop rendering first. #

Even though it's a fresh scene and instance of maya
Maya 2016
Windows 10

2015-04-14, 09:42:56
Reply #3

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does the same happen if you simply try to create a new scene and try to render e.g. a polysphere without opening the hypershade?

2015-04-14, 10:14:38
Reply #4

Hamburger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No haggi - you found the issue.

I have Maya setup so on startup it loads 4 panels - outliner, two persp panels and the Hypershade. This is when the error happens.

If I just load maya with a blank persp, then render - the swatches will then work (btw nice job on integrating the new swatches, they look great).
Maya 2016
Windows 10

2015-04-14, 10:17:07
Reply #5

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay, I'll have a look at this startup method, it should work anyway despite of start method.

2015-04-16, 12:37:23
Reply #6

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
An error has occurred in the current release. The viewport 2.0 xml files are not placed in the archive. I'll fix it and put it online this evening. Sorry for any inconvenience.

2015-04-16, 22:43:45
Reply #7

Nibiru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hei there
I had tried out the new release (0.37) and I get the same issue with the swatch rendering .
also when I try to render something (even is a start with a clean scene ) I get this error message

# Error: mtCoronaLogger : Rendering is in progress, cannot proceed. Please stop rendering first. #

and the rendering stops
I'm using maya 2015 sp3 win 7 x64

2015-04-16, 23:31:19
Reply #8

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you try to do a rendering before opening the hypershade? I'll check it.

Just checked the color mapping feature. It does not work after rendering is done. It will work again in the next release.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-16, 23:36:20 by haggi »

2015-04-17, 00:45:10
Reply #9

Nibiru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
looks like if I start a new scene it works (with out opening the hypershade)
but as soon as I try to add a corona mat I get the same err message

2015-04-17, 01:44:43
Reply #10

Hamburger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also found that when it does start rendering, swatches then are paused and don't update automatically.

So if swatch is paused. I render, they update once. I make a change but the swatch will not update until another render is performed.
Maya 2016
Windows 10

2015-04-17, 09:38:21
Reply #11

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll change the way swatch renderer and normal renderer interact. Maybe I can post a new build this WE. Thanks for the reports.