Author Topic: How does Corona DR work?  (Read 2070 times)

2015-03-24, 17:55:09

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, I'm interested in how Corona handles distributed rendering over its nodes and specifically how it deals with the sending of 3rd party shaders and compatibility. Im a VrayforC4D user and have the Corona C4D Alpha, which shows great promise. I love the combination of simplicity and very high quality. I dont use DR with VrayforC4D as unfortunately you can't use the native C4D shader system or third party shaders even though you can use them fine in the host app and I use them in all of my work. I would have hoped that vray DR would have worked by the host workstation packaging everything internally as it would do for a local render and right at the point of hand over to the render engine it also sends that out to the waiting nodes. But for whatever reason it will only work with vray native shaders which is a mighty limitation in the system.

Does corona DR render everything the host workstation can render - i.e. there isn't any worries about if a shader is DR compatible or not, and if it works locally it works over the network? Im hoping it will work that way as at the moment it just uses the standard c4d shader conventions and layers and even third party shaders with no special corona specific materials. Thanks for any insight into this.

Cheers

2015-03-24, 19:25:35
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,
first of all, there is no DR in Cinema4D plugin... yet. But in 3ds Max it works with any computer you can access by IP, and it works with any shader. And we are planning to have the same thing possible for C4D.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-24, 20:46:27
Reply #2

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's fantastic news and just how it should be. Thanks. Will definitely be adding Corona to my bag. Looking forward to the next alpha which is hopefully not too far away!