Author Topic: 3ds max crash when 'Parsing the scene'  (Read 14538 times)

2015-03-30, 14:07:46
Reply #15

iainbanks

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
I seem to be getting this quite a lot recently too.  Every test render has to parse the scene a few mins first.  Odd thing is they were all rendering fine last week..no slow parsing..
Iain Banks
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2015-03-30, 18:47:54
Reply #16

iainbanks

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
Took a while to work out but what seems to have fixed it for me at least is to not have any 'network paths' for textures etc.

Copied everything locally and seems to be working fine now.

Iain
Iain Banks
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2015-04-06, 15:16:53
Reply #17

elmes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have same problem in all my project files. And I use only network paths because of network rendering. It freezes very often on main computer. Now I used to press save button before rendering.

But I'm wondering why application is not freezing on network machines if the problem in network paths...
« Last Edit: 2015-04-06, 19:04:55 by elmes »

2015-04-06, 19:30:40
Reply #18

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The issue is probably elsewhere than textures (I had this bug in latest alpha daily where it occasionally go from 5 seconds to 5 minutes after 2-3 test renders).

I use only network paths (directly mapped though, not UNC due to simplicity) and since 1.002 have few seconds parsing even for 50 consecutive test renders (although I am still chilling if it won't freeze...due to past behaviour).

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-04-15, 17:04:56
Reply #19

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am using network textures yeah. I cant really change that though because if my scene is picked up by a colleague at any point they would have to manually remap them which would be a right pain. Im glad others are seeing this error too though and its not just my machine.

J

2015-05-20, 12:00:51
Reply #20

marobaro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi There

Sorry to report this, but I also have had numerous Max "freezes" while "parsing the scene". Small scene, playing with fake volumetric light effect. Start, stop , adjust, re-render > freeze.
Our workstations should be up to the task, I'd say. (Viz department of a major architectural firm)

When it happened once, few days ago, it was merely "interesting". Now, after several crashes it takes a bit of the polish off your, otherwise, great product.
I am still evaluating Corona's suitability for our office.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Marek

2015-06-09, 14:54:59
Reply #21

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
We have recently identified many sources of possible freezes/crashed in parsing stage. Do you have access to daily builds so you could verify it it's still happening?

2015-06-12, 17:24:44
Reply #22

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Inactive topic, moving to resolved. If you still experience the issue, feel free to create new bug report.

2016-04-09, 03:20:59
Reply #23

claudyo

• Active Users
  • CGI artist / Interior Designer
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I encounter the exact same problem recently with too long times parsing. First of all, my scene was converted from vray, then the main vray scene had network paths for maps. After I converted it and start render , I got that error, and after I took all materials and check them by hand the problem still was. Then I made a search on web and found this topic. After I saw that some users said that a network maps path could cause the problem, I checked my path in asset tracking and saw that all my maps have "found" at the status instead of network (as original) or ok. Then I retrack all maps to my folder maps path and after that they got "ok" status but the problem still was there. Then I figure it out to make a new scene and copy all the objects in the new one, but the problem still was there; then I decided to create another new scene but now instead of copy all objects at one time with copy/paste script, I tooked gradualy with just one object at a time. And this way I found out that an object with some symetry modifier on top cause the problem, after I colapsed the object the problem was gone.
So I reply to this post because there wasn't a real problem answer to it and I thaught someone else like me will search for an answer and maybe they will have the same error because of some modifiers. In my case this was and colapse them it was solved. If others will have a different situation, will see.
Cheers

2018-02-03, 14:56:31
Reply #24

Arch1tect

• Users
    • View Profile
i covert everything to poly and it works for me thanks

2018-03-06, 17:15:16
Reply #25

INVIZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • INVIZ
i covert everything to poly and it works for me thanks

A simple fix that worked for me!!

After spending best part of a day trying all sorts of complicated things to try fix it!

could kiss ye!