Author Topic: Utility Combiner Material  (Read 2998 times)

2015-03-04, 11:42:55

musashidan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, long-term Vray user who's been testing Corona for the last few days. Wow! It is fantastic and no doubt the future is bright.

I would like to see some kind of Utility material. MentalRay had one(before Adesk in it's wisdom decided to remove it for absolutely no reason)

Vray had the feature somewhat implemented recently with its VrayBumpMtl.

And there is also a Blur plugin material that I've been using. It's simply called Utility Material.
This blur plugin is the definitely the most feature packed of the three.

Congrats on creating such a brilliant renderer.:)

2015-03-04, 12:04:08
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
what exactly should this material do?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-04, 13:36:03
Reply #2

musashidan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It allows you to nest a shader/layered shader and gain an extra level of control over additional bump/displacement/etc maps independent of the maps within any of the shaders added to it.
It's really great for driving a bump with an identical mask map to give effects like chipped paint.

Here's an image I made a while back that might explain it a little better. This is using the free Blur Studios plugin 'Utility Material' (it's on the bottom left of the image)

2015-03-19, 18:17:38
Reply #3

Mague

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think whats really needed here is a corona blend material...

2015-05-27, 06:22:03
Reply #4

musashidan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, a blend mat is definitely a must. And this utility combiner map goes hand-in-hand with a blend mat. It would actually make a nice feature built into a bland mat.

2015-07-05, 20:55:43
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)