Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 248744 times)

2015-06-07, 20:08:19
Reply #105

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Hey antanas, could you log it on mantis? I'm affraid your report could lost here among all debates.
Hi, I see debates were cleared out quite a bit - good riddance I might add, still I already logged it on mantis as that bug, imo, is a nastiness incarnate and surely it needs some urgent attention, god forbid it makes it's way to corona's 1.1 release thus making it completely useless at least for me and probably for all other Forest Pack users too.
 Strange thing though - maybe that's just something wrong in my case as too few people reported anything similar to that and it seems only Maru and KOGODIS have some issues like that but not exactly like that at least in KOGODIS's case. So can anyone confirm that scenes using Forest Pack are crashing on latest dailies ? please someone confirm it, cause I'm beginning to doubt my sanity here - again )) 

2015-06-08, 02:36:48
Reply #106

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I see debates were cleared out quite a bit - good riddance I might add, still I already logged it on mantis as that bug, imo, is a nastiness incarnate and surely it needs some urgent attention, god forbid it makes it's way to corona's 1.1 release thus making it completely useless at least for me and probably for all other Forest Pack users too.
 Strange thing though - maybe that's just something wrong in my case as too few people reported anything similar to that and it seems only Maru and KOGODIS have some issues like that but not exactly like that at least in KOGODIS's case. So can anyone confirm that scenes using Forest Pack are crashing on latest dailies ? please someone confirm it, cause I'm beginning to doubt my sanity here - again )) 

I'm having problems with Forest pro too, I thought I'd tried the latest build Jun 4th 2015 with a scene with a bit of forest pro going on and it no longer renders. 
Hide Forrest pro objects and all works.

2015-06-08, 09:34:06
Reply #107

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
"Future native support of 3ds Max Bitmap (3dsMax bitmaps will be internally converted to CoronaBitmaps on each render)"

About this, now Corona bitmap let us choose sampling method. How will we does this in future scenario? Why don't leave a Corona Bitmap if it works better than Max standard?
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-06-08, 17:07:41
Reply #108

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
"Forest pack...... long parsing....."

same problem overhere

2015-06-08, 18:32:51
Reply #109

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Well, glad to hear I'm not the only one ))

2015-06-08, 18:43:54
Reply #110

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"Forest pack...... long parsing....."

same problem overhere

Me too.

2015-06-08, 21:49:51
Reply #111

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Can I get a problematic forestpack scene? It seems to work here
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-06-09, 14:19:30
Reply #112

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Can I get a problematic forestpack scene? It seems to work here

Hi - for example you cand try this one http://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/tutorial_modernbarn.php - here, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18913767/01%20CORONA/forest_tutorial_modernbarn_corona.rar I already done some simple conversion to Corona using Martin's coronaConverter_v1.08 for it is not corona bitmap aware so thus they are out of the equation and Pavel's Vray proxy to Corona proxy converter for some sunflower model proxies which were there - older 2015-05-06 build renders that scene without any troubles but newer ones hang on scene parsing part.
And this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18913767/01%20CORONA/Some%20small%20house.7z is one of my own, small, Corona only made scenes which suffers from the same behaviour - there can be some plugins like Atiles or Mightytiles used in it but even if you got none of those and they will not appear, the behaviour should be similar - crash with latest dailies when forest pack objects are there (just the lawn and some boxwood fence if I remember correctly) and none if they are deleted or hidden.
Both scenes are in Max 2016 format which is awesome btw, but I can resave them to older ones if needed.

Edit: I tried converting this one http://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/tutorial_realgrass.php and strangely it renders without crashes - the only real difference (beside the model quantity and complexity) which I spotted between those scenes - this one does not use any opacity maps in its materials and uses just one diffuse texture for models scattered in fp objects, that is somewhat similar to the behaviour of those above scenes cause if material override is enabled and some simple\textureless material is used, they render past the scene parsing without any problems too.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-09, 14:56:06 by antanas »

2015-06-10, 10:31:45
Reply #113

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Noticed that CoronaBitmap is rendered at much lower quality compared to native bitmap loader in material editor preview window. Is this for performance reason?

Edit: just found that it affects ME Render Map funcionality too, so reported it as a bug on mantis.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-10, 11:07:58 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-06-10, 13:36:12
Reply #114

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
romulus: ok, lets treat it as a bug
antanas: Ludvik managed to reproduce it, I will take a look
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-06-10, 18:41:12
Reply #115

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
New daily fixes the forest pack issue, let me know if you have any problems with licensing (if it would require re-activation)

2015-06-10, 20:40:52
Reply #116

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
New daily fixes the forest pack issue, let me know if you have any problems with licensing (if it would require re-activation)
Glad to hear that, but it seems you forgot to upload that new build to dropbox as the 2015-06-10 folder is empty.
 And, not necessary but still, it would be good to know which types of maps, geometry, plugin combination or workflow caused that behaviour, to try to avoid using that in the future or at least to know what to check for if that or some similar bug somehow manages to reappear some day.

2015-06-11, 00:49:35
Reply #117

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The files are currently there. My dropbox crashed previously, but it seems to be OK. Let me know if you can download.

2015-06-11, 04:07:27
Reply #118

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Looks like Forrest Pro is working again ( build Jun 10 2015 )
So far so good.

cheers

2015-06-11, 13:06:43
Reply #119

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 It seems that Forest Pack is back in action !
 Tested almost all of my troubled scenes - no problems encountered.
 No licence reactivation was necessary.