Author Topic: Corona Kitchen  (Read 17840 times)

2015-02-15, 19:09:33

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I've been wanting to return to Corona for a while but couldn't find the time. Then I saw some marketing shots by Cesar for its Kalea line of kitchens that I thought fitted the renderer perfectly due to the somewhat complicated "chiaroscuro" lighting scenario. These images have been finished for quite some time but I'm only getting round to posting them now. There was relatively little post work done to them other than running them through ArionFX for some nice glows, levels adjustments and film emulsion effects. Beyond that, not much to say about this relatively simple scene, which uses a mix of new and re-shaded V-Ray assets. Render times oscillated between 2 and 4 hours, with the shots with heavy DOF taking quite a bit longer to resolve fully. Hope you like these.

2015-02-15, 19:13:29
Reply #1

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I really like the cabinet's wood texture. :)

2015-02-15, 19:17:15
Reply #2

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural visualization & Graphic design
Lovely lighting.How do you doing lighting setup :) impressive

« Last Edit: 2015-02-15, 20:27:39 by tolgahan »
Imagination is more important than knowlege

2015-02-15, 19:19:47
Reply #3

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Render times oscillated between 2 and 4 hours, with the shots with heavy DOF taking quite a bit longer to resolve fully. Hope you like these.

2015-02-15, 19:24:12
Reply #4

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural visualization & Graphic design
Render times oscillated between 2 and 4 hours, with the shots with heavy DOF taking quite a bit longer to resolve fully. Hope you like these.

I did not see the excitement :)
Imagination is more important than knowlege

2015-02-15, 20:26:13
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
They look really great (as usual) ;)

Only thing that stops my eye for a little while is the rough wood. I would not expect material of such roughness in an interior. Even while coated, i would be worried of getting a splinter on touch :)

By the way, if heavy DoF shots converge slower due to the noise concentrated in blurry areas, just lower GI/AA balance value. That will focus more rays to AA (and therefore DoF) sampling. It allows you to balance the sampling out, so that you don't get areas in focus overly clear while areas in defocus remaining noisy.

2015-02-15, 22:38:40
Reply #6

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really good as usual Bertrand! I would as Rawalanche said make the wood a little less rough...but that is the only thing I can comment about :)

2015-02-15, 23:01:24
Reply #7

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I would as Rawalanche said make the wood a little less rough...

The wood is actually even rougher in original. It's the macrostructure of the texture that is different, I presume it was quite hard to find something close without going out and photographing it.

It's very good re-creation though.

Was the ArionFX used only for glows or also some tonemapping ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-02-15, 23:05:13
Reply #8

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The wood is actually even rougher in original. It's the macrostructure of the texture that is different, I presume it was quite hard to find something close without going out and photographing it.

Nice to see the original photo. I can see that the wood is very rough in the photo. So yes, really good re-creation!

2015-02-16, 09:47:16
Reply #9

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

2015-02-16, 11:09:41
Reply #10

nacho_grande

• Active Users
  • Industrial Designer & Interior Architect
    • View Profile
    • SARP DESIGN WORKSHOP
The very nature of the wooden planks are exactly there. Stunning re-creation of reality.

2015-02-16, 11:20:36
Reply #11

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, it was pretty difficult to source the textures for the cabinets. They were made by merging different plank textures and overlaying a uniform dark tint. In the end, they probably ended up looking a bit less rough than in the reference. I now realize I should have also given the floor a bit more attention.

2015-02-16, 13:53:26
Reply #12

nacho_grande

• Active Users
  • Industrial Designer & Interior Architect
    • View Profile
    • SARP DESIGN WORKSHOP
Even bandsaw teeth paths are shown. :)

2015-02-16, 18:27:23
Reply #13

aurelarchi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AB Images
Excellent Bertrand, one more time !
Just curious about the lighting type and the setting you used for these clean shoots !

Best !

2015-02-16, 20:08:50
Reply #14

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Extraordinary!