Author Topic: Warehouse conversion  (Read 41914 times)

2015-01-29, 21:31:54
Reply #15

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's extremely popular and hipstery trend, but nonethless, very common.

http://noamkroll.com/why-the-milky-black-look-is-now-the-most-overused-technique-in-amateur-cinematography/

Why has this look become so popular? As we’ve already touched on, it is often associated with a more cinematic or filmic look as this technique softens up the image in the same way that certain types of older film stocks would.

I did not know that! I just went for a look that I liked :D

2015-01-29, 21:35:24
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
[Sarcasm...just in case ] No worry, next time you will be smarter, and read wikipedia to follow correct rules when it comes to post-production.

Touché..
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-29, 21:40:30
Reply #17

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
[Sarcasm...just in case ] No worry, next time you will be smarter, and read wikipedia to follow correct rules when it comes to post-production.

Touché..

I should definitely check Wikipedia before I do any post-production in the future haha! :D

2015-01-29, 21:47:52
Reply #18

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
. This is however in my opinion wrong as such images need to touch absolute blacks

Artistic needs suddenly follow rules no one ever heard of ? Shifted/Lifted levels (particularly blacks) are just as common in color grading (of both analogue film and digital post alike) as following complete spectrum (which is far more suggested to avoid if someone needs rulebook instead of his own brain and taste). Why would it even technically be wrong ? It's deliberate choice of softer look.

Why has this look become so popular? As we’ve already touched on, it is often associated with a more cinematic or filmic look as this technique softens up the image in the same way that certain types of older film stocks would.
Again, its my opinion. As Daniel said, everybody has different taste. I expressed mine in case of these images and its not the same as yours, but its completely okay :) There is no wrong or right way anyway.

2015-01-29, 21:52:13
Reply #19

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I expressed mine in case of these images and its not the same as yours, but its completely okay :) There is no wrong or right way anyway.

I am done, because I don't want someone to accuse me of flamewar :- ). But perhaps better wording ? Or just avoiding taste matters, as it rarely fits as proper critique.

This is however in my opinion wrong as such images need to touch absolute blacks - otherwise they look washed.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-29, 21:58:55
Reply #20

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
I expressed mine in case of these images and its not the same as yours, but its completely okay :) There is no wrong or right way anyway.

I am done, because I don't want someone to accuse me of flamewar :- ). But perhaps some consistency... ?

This is however in my opinion wrong as such images need to touch absolute blacks - otherwise they look washed.
Well if I was doing images, I would treat it wrong because its against my taste - but in CG world there are many artists with different tastes and overal there is no right or wrong way. Hopefully its clear for you now :)

2015-01-29, 22:31:52
Reply #21

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hi Daniel,

if you would like to learn something important about the color correction and histograms. Colors and black and white...Just take a time and goin' throught Steve Hullfish's videos. He will explain everything what you should to know about the histograms and the color corrections and luma...

Valuable videos!

list=PL81aNw-bjcdqA8xc-NpyYAW0gJQ9G7mIC

And this is same really informative:

Cheers!

Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2015-01-30, 00:04:49
Reply #22

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Daniel,

if you would like to learn something important about the color correction and histograms. Colors and black and white...Just take a time and goin' throught Steve Hullfish's videos. He will explain everything what you should to know about the histograms and the color corrections and luma...

Thanks, I will take a look. You can never learn too much!

Here´s View01 without any post-production (I think someone wanted to see?).

2015-01-30, 02:54:10
Reply #23

Dimer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Daniel!!!
My version of the post-processing. Like very much to try. Sorry if something is wrong.

2015-01-30, 08:30:59
Reply #24

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Why is the raw so under exposed? or it was a exr
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2015-01-30, 10:37:30
Reply #25

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Daniel!!!
My version of the post-processing. Like very much to try. Sorry if something is wrong.

No worries, however on my screen your post-processing looks just wrong. The walls has a dirty green/yellow tint and everything is extremely oversaturated..

Why is the raw so under exposed? or it was a exr

Yes, 32-bit exr, the original file was not a jpg :)

2015-01-30, 11:36:58
Reply #26

Ricky Johnson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I very much like the staging in this scene. Especially that corner with the computer desk - it's actually interesting to take a look around the scene itself to see what lives where, if that makes sense.
Everything looks naturally placed but at the same time gives the impression that somebody has taken the care to arrange it all to achieve a good composition.

I prefer the post-processing in the original images.

2015-01-30, 12:41:08
Reply #27

aurelarchi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AB Images
Really nice, already seen it on FB.
I'm curious about the setting to have clean result like this and your render time.

2015-01-30, 12:57:39
Reply #28

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2015-01-30, 15:30:40
Reply #29

Adanmq

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Collective
Beautiful images.

In my opinion, photography its direct related to our memories, so emulate a very popular film stock works great in order to give realism to a 3D Render and you did it very  good. Not like some over-Post-produced ones.