Author Topic: Apero (rendering at scales small)  (Read 5103 times)

2015-01-27, 11:37:59

archimi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

I made a little script that allows for rendering at scales small compared to the global setting. You can choose to put the DOF and select the number of passes.
If it helps some, it is with pleasure that I share my "work"!
It was also an opportunity to me to begin with Maxscript, so I do not guarantee a code in the rules of art !
It's working with Corona V7.2.

Michel
« Last Edit: 2015-01-27, 12:52:45 by archimi »

2015-01-27, 12:37:27
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Nice, but please make it English. :)

VBF > VFB
"Get from" > "Get output size" or something similar

I was thinking about something similar but I have 0 scripting skills. A small floating window with all the "useful" render settings. This could make the whole "ui discussion" unnecessary. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-01-27, 12:49:47
Reply #2

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I was thinking about something similar but I have 0 scripting skills. A small floating window with all the "useful" render settings. This could make the whole "ui discussion" unnecessary. ;)
Little Off-topic but.... I'm a scripter and I think that doesn't solve any ui discussions. I would even say that scripts like that make discussions necessary ;)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-01-27, 12:56:08
Reply #3

archimi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
VBF > VFB
"Get from" > "Get output size" or something similar

Tank you Maru ! I just corrected the text.

2015-01-27, 13:55:45
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Little Off-topic but.... I'm a scripter and I think that doesn't solve any ui discussions. I would even say that scripts like that make discussions necessary ;)
Ahh, sorry, I wrote it half-jokingly, that's why I put that wink at the end. I understand it that the default tab in Corona should essentially BE something like this script. But it could be a useful tool until the UI is completely redone.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-02-03, 15:11:37
Reply #5

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott

Hey, ho scripter! Im trying to start my jurney but the resources I found are quite confuzing is there a chance you can recomend me some "Scripting for retarded dummies" ?
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2015-02-03, 15:46:24
Reply #6

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
We get more and more offtopic here ;)
If you mean scripting in general you should have a look at John Wainwrights maxscript 101 (the creator of maxscript) https://vimeo.com/album/1514565 . After that, try to find the old DVDs from bobo (I'm not sure if cg academy is still hosting them, the link on the page doesn't work) http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/dvds.html .
After that look at other peoples scripts and download the .chm version of the maxscript documentation, it's a really good one, but only usable in the chm version ;) It will take time but it's worth it.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.