Author Topic: Added support for Multiscatter, ForestPack  (Read 67249 times)

2013-03-25, 21:39:43
Reply #30

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
jjaz82, what do you can not wait?

I think by that he wanted to say he is looking forward to the next release ;)

2013-03-25, 21:54:33
Reply #31

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Hm... I must admit that my converter script sucked when converting the Vray-shaded Forestpack presets (one reason is that it does not convert VrayFastSSS2) but I didn't try out the resaving issue yet.

Rawalanche: here you go, but it's not that much difference in this image, this is the raw render, both have similar rendertime but different amount of passes. Anyways, I think I already noticed some improvements in certain conditions.

Your script is awesome even if it's limited in some cases, i think the presets in forestpack loaded its non corona materials in every time you open max so your work on materials will be vanished with the presets, so the best way is to work with the source max models and grab them into a new forestpack objects as a custom object.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-25, 22:04:08 by Chakib »

2013-03-25, 21:56:56
Reply #32

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1 PT samples and random sampler set to 5D High-D + PRNG? Looks interresting, how does it differ from alpha3emulation with default sampling values?

2013-03-25, 22:01:40
Reply #33

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
hmm... i wasn't aware of the fact that fpack uses the presets directly - that's kind of weird and sounds like a bug (you should be able to alter the materials!).
Concerning the Script: Thanks, glad you like it :) I will have a look at the Script (when I got a bit of time to do so) and fix some things :) At least a (temporary) conversion of those SSS Mats and some minor Vray2sided fixes I wanted to do anyways :)

lacilaci: I'm not exactly sure, but it looks like it's a bit cleaner after all. I'm sure Rawalanche or Keymaster can say something more qulified :D
« Last Edit: 2013-03-25, 22:03:15 by DeadClown »
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-03-25, 22:04:27
Reply #34

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
1 PT samples and random sampler set to 5D High-D + PRNG? Looks interresting, how does it differ from alpha3emulation with default sampling values?

1PT sample will mean a lot more sampling power will be devoted to AA at the expense of less GI sampling. AA takes care of DoF and MB, so less PT samples usually mean more samples going into clearing DoF.

For exterior scenes, where there is a lot of direct illumination from enviro around, and not that much of complex light bouncing going on, you can get away with a lot less PT samples - even 1, and you can devote the rest of the power to DoF. So if your scene takes 10 minutes to get clean GI, but additional 30 minutes to remove noise from DoF, making it total of 40 minutes, it is a good tradeoff to reduce GI sampling so it takes 20 minutes instead of 10 to get clean GI, but DoF takes 20 minutes too, so in the end you get same quality in half the time.

5D High-D + PRNG sampler is from my tests a bit more efficient sampler than A3 emu when it comes to DoF, while in common scenarios it is not any slower than A3 emu sampler. That makes it the best of all available samples and thus it was set as default sampler in all builds since yesterday.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-25, 22:08:18 by Rawalanche »

2013-03-26, 09:32:44
Reply #35

Ocram

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am glad to anounce, that thanks to the support from developers of Multiscatter and Forestpack you will be able to use these advanced scattering plugins with Corona in the next release.....

2013-03-26, 09:46:27
Reply #36

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
jjaz82, what do you can not wait?

I think by that he wanted to say he is looking forward to the next release ;)
exactly, this engine is amazing. simple intuitive and fast. :)

2013-03-26, 13:24:47
Reply #37

patoaltaco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

To use this feature i have to down the daily builds? If this is right i have to give keymaster my dropbox acount... right?

I dont know the magnitud of what im asquing next, but, can't you get your scatter stronger too?

Cheers,

2013-03-26, 13:29:27
Reply #38

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,

To use this feature i have to down the daily builds? If this is right i have to give keymaster my dropbox acount... right?

I dont know the magnitud of what im asquing next, but, can't you get your scatter stronger too?

Cheers,
See http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,316.0.html

I could also improve my scatter (probably will a little bit), but I don't have time to reimplement the whole multiscatter/forestpack (which is what would be needed).

Anyways, according to multiscatter guys, they have removed the warning about unsupported renderer from version 1.2.0.5 onwards
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-03-26, 19:44:46
Reply #39

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A little test.. scene converted from vray. some materials have problems I had to override them..
i'm speechless... 5 minute.. is fu@@ing fast... :D

« Last Edit: 2013-03-26, 19:47:11 by jjaz82 »

2013-03-26, 20:21:25
Reply #40

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
New version of multiscatter without the popup window was just released: http://forum.rendering.ru/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1203
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-03-26, 20:34:28
Reply #41

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
It's stuff like that where Corona really rocks :) ! pt+pt
(No shaders sorry, since all those plants are using VertexColor maps which are currently not working)

2013-03-26, 20:38:37
Reply #42

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
mm, that has potential, I should really implement the vertex color :D

2013-03-26, 20:42:31
Reply #43

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
hahaha, yes I must admit that I posted the image to push it a little bit :D It's planned as an animation but I was not able to finish it due to horrible rendertimes in Vray and (at that time) not enough renderpower. Btw, I'm currently trying dof (which already looks awesome after 3 mins)

2013-03-26, 20:44:24
Reply #44

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll add it (just remind me from time to time). I can also provide some renderpower to this and similar projects (4× i7-2600k for overnight/weekend rendering)