Author Topic: Updating my graphic card (Gigabyte GTX Titan Z) Anyone buy this yet?  (Read 14346 times)

2014-12-09, 23:48:29
Reply #15

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i7 965X is still great CPU ;- ) Funny how that works...on one hand, the progress in CPU performance is negligible, on other, at least your investment hold value not forcing you to upgrade constantly.

Btw I think I stated it somewhere, but I use that "mat quality=10+" only when I need to generate preview for forum reasons, or for personal library. Just in case so you don't think I keep that constantly :- )
That was the plan to go big and worry later about upgrading when I really needed too. I'll look into OC'ing this then. I may upgrade to better cooling in which case depending on how hard I push it. One more thing have you any experience in over-clocking and if so how successful is it in your opinion. I'll browse forums to see what's the best way to OC this chip, And post back here my results. Will probably be after the new year now :)

Thanks, I was wondering about that. +10 setting would be a bit extreme when dealing with multi layered materials.. thus, the GGX shader will be a godsend in V1

2014-12-10, 00:18:31
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Upgrade you Asus Rampage to latest bios and you should be fine. You can tweak from there, or download Asus utility app for Windows, but both are very easy to use.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-12-10, 00:32:33
Reply #17

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Updated the BIOS a couple of months back. Will look into that utilty. Thanks Juraj.