Author Topic: Corona - 3dsmax crash  (Read 8194 times)

2012-01-21, 02:32:09

Oltskul

• Active Users
  • "Whoa, that is lot of boxes!" Adam West
    • View Profile
Ive installed last Corona build - link sent by Keymaster himself. I also used "tutorial" by Ravalanche to istall, but Corona crashes my freshly installed 3DS max 2012 trial.. All happens after "F9" or hit render button...

Ive backuped _log and _error files (but they are empty)

Last hope is to install new Intel Compiler:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/redistributable-libraries-of-the-intel-c-and-fortran-compiler-for-windows/

computer rig:

Nvidia Geforce 8600
4Gig ram
Intel - Quad Q6600

Iam going to report results in few moments.
Corona is like some king of addictive game... "Just one... More... Render... Before... Then i will do something... Useful"

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2012-01-21, 03:31:01
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,
Q6600 unfortunately does not have newest SSE instructions, needed to run Embree (highly optimized ray casting engine from Intel integrated in Corona). It may be possible to run Corona with my old ray casting structure (which is 2-5× slower). Try setting "BVH full SAH" as the acceleration structure in Corona settings.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-01-21, 09:08:26
Reply #2

Oltskul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
Q6600 unfortunately does not have newest SSE instructions, needed to run Embree (highly optimized ray casting engine from Intel integrated in Corona). It may be possible to run Corona with my old ray casting structure (which is 2-5× slower). Try setting "BVH full SAH" as the acceleration structure in Corona settings.

ps: ive managed to run Corona with newest intel compiler (ad my first post) "Intel C++ Compiler for Windows 11.1 update 8"

jeah, let me try that for a quick..  but, even yesterday, corona start to "Transforming verticies"
thats it, thas all... you cant cancel  that proces, MAX is sort of "responding", and you can close it.. and even after five hours of waiting, its still transforming vertices... In task manager, there is no extra mana constuption gain, no proces load...

are you interested in some logs, or do you know what is the (a?) cause? Also with BVH full SAH it doesnt work....

OS

Corona is like some king of addictive game... "Just one... More... Render... Before... Then i will do something... Useful"

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2012-01-21, 14:23:29
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Please send CoronaMax_errors.txt, if it is not empty, but I am pretty sure it is because of your old CPU. I could however make some builds which would work on older CPUs in the future.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-21, 18:44:39 by Rawalanche »
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-01-21, 14:50:56
Reply #4

Oltskul

• Active Users
    • View Profile

logs are empty - both of them...

Looking forward to those  "legacy" procesors build :)

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2012-01-22, 00:25:35
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I've made an experimental legacy build - install the latest intel redistributable (you will never need older) and try corona dlls from this archive: http://temp.keymaster.cz/miranda/nightly.zip with acceleration structure other than Embree.

2012-01-22, 19:43:00
Reply #6

Oltskul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it works perfecly so far... But i had to make few changes to setting for material editor (and for default settings):

Code: [Select]
    int accelerationStructure      = 5
changed to

Code: [Select]
    int accelerationStructure      = 1

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2012-07-17, 22:48:20
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
solved long time ago ;)