Author Topic: PC Spec  (Read 15030 times)

2014-11-07, 09:56:59
Reply #15

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Well Juraj, I could agree with you that Corsair might have a bit cheaper materials and all but I think that it still is almost the best AIO system that you can buy currently. I made myself a casual pc for home use lately and I bought Antec 1250 with my i7 4770k and it is really nice. Looking great, quite sturdy and well made, but I would still replace it with Corsair H110 if I would do it again. Simply because you can switch the radiator fans on Corsair with some quiet ones (like Noctua) and have a whisper quiet operation, where Antec got the vents fixed.

A bit crappy picture, took it under low light conditions ;D
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-11-07, 11:16:45
Reply #16

grafichissimo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • METROVISUAL
Thanks Juraj_Talcik and the others, at the moment the order is already in process.
Probably not the best config but, if I am not happy I will replace some device later.
Anyway I read that this processor is easy to overclock without any special knowledge, can you confirm? :)

Davide Chicco - www.metrovisual.co.uk

2014-11-07, 11:37:04
Reply #17

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
You should be satisfied with the config :) no need to nitpick that much. i7-5820K is very easy to overclock but you should still know what you are doing :)
To make things short - you will have to change the multiplier only in the best case.

It is all silicone lottery nowadays. You can get a sample that will easily give you a stable OC with 4.6Ghz, where some other person might get the same chip but that one won't pass 4.2Ghz stable (without further adjusting voltages).

2014-11-07, 11:39:47
Reply #18

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You don't even need to do change multiplier lol, the  ASUSĀ® X99-S has the 5-way process that will do "auto-pilot" overclocking completely for you.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-11-07, 11:45:15
Reply #19

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
You don't even need to do change multiplier lol, the  ASUSĀ® X99-S has the 5-way process that will do "auto-pilot" overclocking completely for you.

Exactly :)

2014-11-07, 11:54:14
Reply #20

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
We've gone long way from pencil (graphite) drawing on circuits....what was that anyone remember ? AMD Duron ? Pentium III ? Long time...

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-11-07, 12:00:40
Reply #21

grafichissimo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • METROVISUAL
This is exciting , I can't wait!! :)
Davide Chicco - www.metrovisual.co.uk

2014-11-07, 12:20:10
Reply #22

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
We've gone long way from pencil (graphite) drawing on circuits....what was that anyone remember ? AMD Duron ? Pentium III ? Long time...

I believe it was used mostly on Durons, not sure about Athlons, should google a bit about it to remind myself better :) Oh, those good old times!

2014-11-08, 13:12:37
Reply #23

form

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Plus Form
I went with the kraken k60 for cpu cooling, got two extra fans to run in push pull config, run them on super low rpm to keep it quiet. I really like the kraken, it has some neat features, I believe there is a X61 now that has control over the pump speed.