Author Topic: Pricing and release date announced  (Read 191952 times)

2014-10-23, 00:56:55
Reply #210

oxnatun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Airchtects
Hi Ondra!
What shold I do if I need 7 or 10 or more render nodes.
If I need its more than 3. Buy 2 or more boxes?

2014-10-23, 02:02:25
Reply #211

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, you'd hound buy a Box license every 4 nodes, you get 1 UI node + 3 non UI node, or use the SaaS model.

Cheers.

2014-10-23, 02:03:08
Reply #212

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Kramon

Still free until it is released as 1.0 AFIK

Cheers.

2014-10-24, 07:49:26
Reply #213

pBarrelas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's good to see that we're getting 2 licensing models. This makes our lives much easier, as freelancers or studios. Not to mention that we can cross grade without any fees and also sell the license. The box version+subscription it's cheaper than the SaaS option, if we plan to use the software for more than 3 years. After the 3rd year it gets a lot cheaper! So my preferred model is the (or hopefully will be, since I'm a C4D user) box+subscription.

If we look from a strictly cost point of view, in the long term, the box+subscription is the best solution, but the beauty of having these 2 available models is that we can mix them and adapt to all kinds of situations. It's very elastic!

The SaaS is good for those who are starting with the software and need to properly test it for more than 1 month. It's also good if you don't have the money to pay upfront for a box license and if you don't have a steady stream of work. I foresee all the SaaS subscribers to move to the box+subscription model after using it for 1 year or so and only using the SaaS as complement for those situations where more licenses are needed for a certain period of time.

So, to conclude, I personally am happy with these 2 available license models.

2014-10-24, 12:40:31
Reply #214

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra.

Read the tred but didn't found anything about corporate licensing.

For example we need 7-8 workstations, do we have to suscribe Saas for 160 per month or 2800+800 for box edition or there wil be more options?
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2014-10-24, 16:02:32
Reply #215

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
If you really need 7-8 people working with corona at the same time, then yes, you will need to buy 7-8 saas or box licences. It will be possible to buy and manage them on a single account, but there are currently no volume discounts on workstation seats planned.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-25, 14:39:54
Reply #216

benjamincillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
On the post you mentioned there will be a dirty cheap student version? what does it mean?
will you consider educational disccounts? I mean student, teachers lowered prices?

2014-10-25, 21:15:11
Reply #217

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
they were already announced, see the original article
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-29, 15:57:45
Reply #218

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i was wondering, are you guys also planning a new website launch and new gallery when you go commercial?
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2014-10-29, 16:34:18
Reply #219

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes & yes

2014-10-29, 22:09:37
Reply #220

marioteodoru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
we're getting close don't we ?
:D

2014-11-02, 18:13:28
Reply #221

gilhal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
as a veteran in the field , representing autodesk for many years first as kinetix system center and later as authorized multimedia dealer i can relate to the caution some users ( and for now me included ) will have committing their production pipeline to the saas option. as a young company in its first (and yes, very promising) steps i feel more confident in owning a box license to begin with , for at least a couple of years until i see you guys are here to stay for the long haul. still i do believe the first year subscription should be part of the box price (complementary) and should be charged a year after purchase date.

2014-11-03, 10:40:40
Reply #222

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
as a veteran in the field , representing autodesk for many years first as kinetix system center and later as authorized multimedia dealer i can relate to the caution some users ( and for now me included ) will have committing their production pipeline to the saas option. as a young company in its first (and yes, very promising) steps i feel more confident in owning a box license to begin with , for at least a couple of years until i see you guys are here to stay for the long haul. still i do believe the first year subscription should be part of the box price (complementary) and should be charged a year after purchase date.

I still don't get why people like the price, but say upgrades should be included - would you be more happier if the price was 450/550 eur, but with 1 year subscription included?

2014-11-03, 11:02:37
Reply #223

omar.essam

• Active Users
  • CORONA LOVER
    • View Profile
    • My Behance Portfolio
I still don't get why people like the price, but say upgrades should be included - would you be more happier if the price was 450/550 eur, but with 1 year subscription included?
I guess yes, people don't like to feel that they have to pay for this, that, and that... multiple payments, maybe if you raised the price but said "Subscription included".. psychologically, people will feel that they get an "extra" thing. IMHO.

2014-11-03, 11:41:32
Reply #224

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I disagree.

I have to say that the price for Box license with just 3 nodes + 1 Ui is a bit high for my expectations, I was expecting something more in the line of the offer price, 349€ as final price, not 449€, wich in the end turns into 448€/548€ with subs.

With that said, I think that giving the users different options at affordable rate is a great choice, it's up to the user if they want to pay for this and that, and this does not force the user to acquire something he does not want, so charging the subs apart seems right from my POV, but could be great to give the box users a grace period of the first year to pay up for the subscription.

With that said the grace period could work as I'll explain here:

1.- a user acquires the box license the 25th november / 2014, this user can't pay for the subs right away, so he need to wait a bit for the money.
2.- since he has the grace period he can wait until he gets another job
3.- the user gets another job to pay for this in, let's say, 15th january / 2015 and then pays the subscription.
4.- the subscription won't compute since the user paid for it, but since the user acquired the license, so his renewal date for the subscription will be 25th Novemeber / 2015 instead of 15th January 2016
5.- this gives users a bit more room to acquire subs and gives devs the expected timeframe for subs renewal.

Hope this makes a bit of sense.

Cheers!