Author Topic: Corona C4D Tests  (Read 3267 times)

2014-09-01, 11:25:26

Silverwing

• Active Users
  • You don´t dream in cryo
    • View Profile
    • Silverwing-VFX
Hi there.
Just some further tests with Corona C4D.
I hope you like them.

Rendertime about 30 Min 1920 X 1080 (i7 980x)
I used the Translucent option to make it look a little more SSS like

Cheers,
Raphael
« Last Edit: 2014-09-01, 11:31:42 by Silverwing »

2014-09-01, 11:47:30
Reply #1

con12

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really like these rendering. Specifically, "TopMod_Star_Corona_02.jpg", so moody, so nice. Thumb up !

2014-09-01, 13:44:45
Reply #2

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Beautiful shapes and light. First one is my favourite. Did you use corona lights or HDRI for this?

2014-09-01, 13:49:42
Reply #3

Silverwing

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Silverwing-VFX
@ con12:
Thanks a lot. Appreciate it!

@Rhodesy:

Thanks for your feedback!

Its an dark colored environment (not really strong just to lift up the dark blacks a little)
And then corona area lights. Depending on the scene 2 (1st and 3rd pic) or 1 (2nd pic).

Cheers,
Raphael

2014-09-01, 14:22:48
Reply #4

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info Rafael. Really looking forward to giving Corona a spin when we get the C4D public beta. Can you tell us how feature rich the current beta is compared to the MAX version? There is hardly any info on this in the forum. Im a long time vray user and Corona is the only other render engine I would be curious in trying. The quality of light / shadow and materials looks excellent. Throw in fast progressive rendering and its a very interesting proposition.

2014-09-01, 16:27:28
Reply #5

Silverwing

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Silverwing-VFX
Thanks for the info Rafael. Really looking forward to giving Corona a spin when we get the C4D public beta. Can you tell us how feature rich the current beta is compared to the MAX version? There is hardly any info on this in the forum. Im a long time vray user and Corona is the only other render engine I would be curious in trying. The quality of light / shadow and materials looks excellent. Throw in fast progressive rendering and its a very interesting proposition.

Can´t tell you much.
But obviously its not on par with the 3Ds Max version as Development started later.
But all the basic features are there and its quite nice to play around with.
Its quite a way to a production ready renderer. But I´m sure they will get there. Especially when the public release hits there will be a lot of people sharing good ideas to improve the renderer ;-)

Right now all I can say its a very well operating renderer with very good light transport and surfacing quality (As you can see in my examples)

2014-09-01, 17:24:03
Reply #6

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's great thanks. Appreciate you might have to remain tight lipped about specifics. Looking forward to having a play, could be nice to go back to basics with a limited feature set.