Author Topic: release 0.28  (Read 10236 times)

2014-08-28, 15:03:46

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

here we have a new release with several interesting features:

release 0.28
- added soft shadows to point light and spot light and directional light - sort of
- added maya area light, but without texuring
- added per mesh shadow casting - removed from shader
- implemented portal lights for area lights and meshes
- added shadow catcher mode for meshes
- added render stamp option
- implemented dump and resume
- fixed the color conversion in file node
- OSL: projection node with projection types planar:spherical:ball:cylindrical:triplanar:cubic:concentric
- create/delete sun button removed from environment. The checkbox does everything we need for a sun.

Manual has been updated in several areas so it may be worth a look.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-28, 15:12:34 by haggi »

2014-08-28, 19:41:10
Reply #1

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No textures yet, but done with mayaToCorona and physical sky to see if a bit more complex objects work.

2014-08-29, 02:16:38
Reply #2

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Haggi

I am not a maya fan and with my profession and future minded I will not change to Maya.
But I appreciate all your devotion to Corona.
So thumbs up to al the work and implementation you are doing.

2014-08-29, 02:49:22
Reply #3

con12

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Haggi
It do really great find a update so quick,. Anticipate to find more feature coming. Thks a lot for your hard working. 
Happy Friday !

2014-08-29, 05:52:44
Reply #4

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Keep it up!!

I may have to check out the corona for maya build soon if it's still possible to become a tester. :)

2014-08-29, 09:58:40
Reply #5

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!
1)Color conversion in file, area, portal light work fine! Thanks!

2)How works dump and resume?

3)It would be nice to have checkbox that does not save a stamp in the file.  I liked the stamp in render view.

Waitinggggg  bump, diffuse level, textures(quality) in viewport and I will be testing in project)

2014-08-29, 12:09:29
Reply #6

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The dump and resume process works as follows: If the option is turned on, the current rendering is saved to a file with the extenstion „dmp“. You can interrupt the rendering and leave maya. If you now want to continue the rendering, open the scene again and turn on the option. If you now render again, the „dmp“ file is loaded and the rendering contiues from this state. At the moment the „Dump Exr File“ has no functionality yet, the saved file will always have the same name as the normally rendered image file, only with the „dmp“ extension.

Checkbox for renderstamp in file is implemented and will appear in next release.

Bump will be implemented as soon as it is available in the API. My own implementation would not be very efficient so I wait because Ondra will implement it in the API for the standalone renderer anyway.

Thanks for testing.

2014-08-30, 06:19:02
Reply #7

con12

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can't open “ display render settings “ window occasionally from time to time. When it happen:
1) unload Corona plugin in plugin manager. Restart Maya
2) After Maya restart, make sure render not using  Corona, then click “ display render settings “ . Now it open. Keep it open
3) load  “ Corona plugin”  in plugin manager
4) click “ display render settings “ . This time, the Corona render settings  will open successfully.

Error in Maya Script editor  when “ Corona render settings “ can't open.
// Error: file: C:/mayaToCorona_0.28/mayaToCorona_2014/scripts/unifiedRenderGlobalsWindow.mel line 855: Cannot find procedure "localizedUIMisc". //

2014-09-03, 20:43:28
Reply #8

Nocturnal

• Users
    • View Profile
Keep up the good work. :) It's cool that you are bringing this to Maya as well, thanks.
--
Visualization Artist
SBK / Visual Arena

2014-09-04, 01:32:18
Reply #9

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
I am not a Maya user too. But i don't know about the future. So, i like Corona so Much that i want to have it available for all 3D Tools. So i can choose any of them to work, and never leave Corona. :) lol

Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-09-04, 09:46:08
Reply #10

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, it's nice to see that my works is appreciated. But it frustrating as well. I opened 3dsmax with corona a few days ago and I could see how much work is to do to be as half as good as the max implementation.

2014-09-04, 17:28:16
Reply #11

Prem_singh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
where is the download link ?

2014-09-04, 17:52:54
Reply #12

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-09-06, 08:56:32
Reply #13

Hamburger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Haggi,

I just registered to thank you on porting this very nice looking renderer to Maya. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. There are many of us that are watching the development of this closely! :)

Maya 2016
Windows 10

2014-10-07, 22:18:21
Reply #14

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
CON12, just check you've not got a duplicate dll anywhere for corona.  This could live in your maya prefs.  This is going to cause a conflict and your render globals to fail.

That should fix it for you!