Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 159185 times)

2015-02-08, 13:38:00
Reply #945

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I am actually concerned too... While i can imagine all general bugs getting fixed, IR at the moment is so crappy and broken I can't imagine it would take less than a month to fix IR alone.

DR seems super broken at the moment.  I haven't been able to use it for a few weeks now. It channels are shifted, colour differences, instability.. it's wonky. Hope they get a solid stable DR soon.

2015-02-08, 20:16:46
Reply #946

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What's odd is that while some say IR works just fine others find it extremely unstable. Having an identical set of scenes to test against the daily builds would hopefully reveal bugs that are related to system specs.

What may be helpful is a focused bug hunting initiative like for example 2 or 3 scenes that are posted here for every db tester to test with DR and IR. This way we could catch some of the more esoteric bugs related to system specs as these have proved to be produce the random buggy behavior especially with IR, I guess that applies to DR as well. I'd contribute a scene for this, if some of us do we may achieve more in one week than with the random general use that most of us do.

2015-02-08, 22:20:43
Reply #947

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
What's odd is that while some say IR works just fine others find it extremely unstable. Having an identical set of scenes to test against the daily builds would hopefully reveal bugs that are related to system specs.

What may be helpful is a focused bug hunting initiative like for example 2 or 3 scenes that are posted here for every db tester to test with DR and IR. This way we could catch some of the more esoteric bugs related to system specs as these have proved to be produce the random buggy behavior especially with IR, I guess that applies to DR as well. I'd contribute a scene for this, if some of us do we may achieve more in one week than with the random general use that most of us do.

More than just agree with that ! + We need some test scene/scenes which use some of the most common plugins' like multiscatter, railclone, forestpack etc.
Download new daily - install - open scene (check) - hit render (check) - compare results with test render image (check) - compare time results with the previous build (check) - see anything weird (report) - imo that way, bughunting could be way more efficient and way less user error/specific workflow prone. 

2015-02-09, 21:32:36
Reply #948

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
  • body objects now render correctly

Confirmed - body objects renders like a charm.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-02-11, 01:28:00
Reply #949

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Strangest issue with daily build. It crashes whole workstation while loading 3dsMax with scene directly. After reboot, 3dsMax will keep crashing on startup unless I uninstall Corona (with Corona uninstaller tool). Simply reinstalling over it doesn't help. After uninstall and install again, 3dsMax starts ok. Happened few times in row over random scenes.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-02-11, 09:47:41
Reply #950

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Strangest issue with daily build. It crashes whole workstation while loading 3dsMax with scene directly. After reboot, 3dsMax will keep crashing on startup unless I uninstall Corona (with Corona uninstaller tool). Simply reinstalling over it doesn't help. After uninstall and install again, 3dsMax starts ok. Happened few times in row over random scenes.

No problems here.
About IR max passes, here now it run correctly.
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-02-11, 10:12:46
Reply #951

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi juraj, what is "loading 3dsMax with scene directly"? did you mean is like double click the corona-max file in windows explorer?

2015-02-11, 10:12:56
Reply #952

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yup, IR max passes seem to work fine.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-02-11, 13:15:00
Reply #953

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
hi juraj, what is "loading 3dsMax with scene directly"? did you mean is like double click the corona-max file in windows explorer?

Yes that. It crashes on loading the Corona plugins, so I thought they could become somehow corrupted but purely replacing them didn't help. It's reported only as unhandled exception...so not very helpful to diagnose.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2015-02-11, 13:20:11
Reply #954

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
 Juraj, are you sure that your hardware is 100% ok? OC? Maybe try to load safety settings in the bios.

2015-02-11, 13:47:23
Reply #955

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes that. It crashes on loading the Corona plugins, so I thought they could become somehow corrupted but purely replacing them didn't help. It's reported only as unhandled exception...so not very helpful to diagnose.

Dumb question, but are you sure you replaced the old ones with the correct max version?
The newest build works here, too, max 2014.

2015-02-11, 15:13:35
Reply #956

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Max interactive passes working. Just noticed when choosing render interactive from render dialog it renders normally and not IR.

2015-02-11, 15:18:02
Reply #957

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Dumb question, but are you sure you replaced the old ones with the correct max version?
The newest build works here, too, max 2014.

Of course, keep cycling the same daily build, I am not idiot ;- ) I don't do these sort of mistakes...

Juraj, are you sure that your hardware is 100% ok? OC? Maybe try to load safety settings in the bios.

It's purely Corona plugs issue. Once (somehow) corruputed, the 3dsMax won't start (unhandled exception). Simple Corona removal, I can start it again. Happens very randomly and infrequently, but still. Hadn't noticed it before.

Anyway it works otherwise fine, but didn't notice that before. And it's obviously, not HW issue if only variable changing, is Corona installation.

2015-02-11, 16:27:05
Reply #958

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Max interactive passes working. Just noticed when choosing render interactive from render dialog it renders normally and not IR.

that's "iterative", not "interactive" ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-02-11, 19:14:29
Reply #959

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What's the mxs command to print and set Corona's current gamma value?

I have a scene I've set up with gamma of 1,8 and some maps loading gamma override suggest 1,8. I am not sure if Corona loads the scene with 1,8 or 2,2 and would like to check but it's not exposed in the newer builds anymore.