Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 156895 times)

2015-02-04, 18:57:05
Reply #930

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Question in shadowcathcer in the latest daily build, I have a backplate but when I configure the mode to compositing, I still can see part of the backplate texture, the attached image is pretty self explanatory.

What is correct?

Also I'm rendering with a lot of different render elements, with the masks I'm getting some black fringe in the border when I try to composite, I don't get that fringe in the beauty pass, but I get it in the elements passes.

Another thing is that usually I use two types of elements, some of them have AA and some of them don't, when I try to deactivate the AA in some specific elements, like Z or an alternative alpha channel, it remains active.

This is everything with the yesterday daily build:

Defines: Wide RGB
Build timestamp: Feb  3 2015 00:24:18
Corona version: Daily build pre-1.0, Maxsdk version: 2015

Cheers!

2015-02-04, 21:14:31
Reply #931

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anybody have issues with IR of latest build (January third). When started it freezes max (white screen), sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for over a minute. Same thing happens when stopping interactive!
Once it freezes only on start, then only on stop, then on both, then on neither... Doesn't seem to have any pattern.

Is this known or should i go to mantis and upload a scene.

EDIT: figured it out. I have material editor open on second screen all the time. Closing it solves the problem! Funny thing, this freezing happens even if mat editor is completely clean! Also even minimizing it helps. Reporting it on mantis.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-04, 21:26:01 by blank... »

2015-02-05, 03:08:07
Reply #932

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Does anybody have issues with IR of latest build (January third). When started it freezes max (white screen), sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for over a minute. Same thing happens when stopping interactive!
Once it freezes only on start, then only on stop, then on both, then on neither... Doesn't seem to have any pattern.

EDIT: figured it out. I have material editor open on second screen all the time. Closing it solves the problem! Funny thing, this freezing happens even if mat editor is completely clean! Also even minimizing it helps. Reporting it on mantis.

I have not that issue. All works good

2015-02-05, 03:18:26
Reply #933

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

I'm with 2015-02-02 build. yes, IR isn't comfortably use yet. but my max never get freezed by stopping the IR.
a scene with 4million poly seems too heavy for IR, it freezes the max for about 3-5minutes on start...

2015-02-05, 09:00:42
Reply #934

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm with 2015-02-02 build. yes, IR isn't comfortably use yet. but my max never get freezed by stopping the IR.
a scene with 4million poly seems too heavy for IR, it freezes the max for about 3-5minutes on start...

This is something different. I have a much heavier scene, and it takes just several seconds for interactive to start, and stop is immediate IF material editor is closed.
But i can confirm that problem started with 02-02 build.

2015-02-05, 13:14:11
Reply #935

form

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Plus Form
I'm having a problem with 2-3 build. Computing secondary GI is processing one pixel every 5 - 6 seconds. any one else experiencing this?

Edit: I just moved the camera a few mm and GI computed much faster. gremlin
« Last Edit: 2015-02-05, 13:36:48 by form »

2015-02-06, 18:13:08
Reply #936

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, anything on what I said?

Cheers.

2015-02-06, 19:05:37
Reply #937

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I don't understand what your picture is showing and where you are using shadowcatcher. Viewport screenshots would help greatly.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-02-06, 19:21:39
Reply #938

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hahaha you are completely right, here you have, I can't show the complete scene because the project has a tight NDA, the image does not have the character because of that, but you can see what I mean with the bottles, that is the portion you can see in the previous image.

The problem is that when I set the shadow catcher to composite I can see the backplate, it happens also in the mat editor, check the attached pictures too.

Cheers!

2015-02-06, 19:58:58
Reply #939

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
My first thought was this is because you are using background image with "screen" environment mode and the rayswitch is reflective but probably someone smarter has to check this. There is also this "make sure to override directly visible environment color to black". Did you do this?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-02-06, 20:08:21
Reply #940

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
mmmm good thought, let me check this and I'll report back...

Thanks!

2015-02-06, 20:11:55
Reply #941

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is the texture configuration for the shadow catcher backplate, it's not in screen mode, the direct visivility override in the environment configuration in the render settings is set to back without texture.

The environment reflection could have affected the reflections but not with a direct projection to the matte, also does these settings affect to the material editor preview? because the backplate projection in composite mode can be seen in the material editor also.

Cheers.

EDIT: added environment config screenshot

2015-02-07, 19:46:00
Reply #942

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Im eager o put my hands on 1-0 with all the new additions, i follow the forum on a daily basis and i Know you guys are working your ass off to get this thing ready, but it seams that there is a bunch of bugs out there stopping the final stable comercial (production ready) render engine. So is there any time frame we can give to our heads to think of??

2015-02-07, 22:30:42
Reply #943

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@daniel266

I'll throw my personal opinion here, for me it is pretty stable, all my recent jobs have been done with Corona, nearly to no problems, and when there was a problem there was an easy workaround, in general it feels great.
Maybe the weak spots could be the DR and the IR, but for final production it feels pretty great to me (even with the shadow catcher problem)

Cheers!

2015-02-08, 13:30:05
Reply #944

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I am actually concerned too... While i can imagine all general bugs getting fixed, IR at the moment is so crappy and broken I can't imagine it would take less than a month to fix IR alone.