Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 156983 times)

2015-01-21, 22:17:45
Reply #855

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Uninstalled Vray. Restarted 3dsMax. Still frozen. Restared PC. Material editor (only Corona) runs smoothly and flawlessly again.

Same Windows version on all machines? (and a totally random though - Tried Antivirus disabled? I use AVG and I've seen inredible shit happening because of it... however not max/corona related)

I haven't had any issues with mat. editor and corona recently / but on my pc I don't have Vray so..

2015-01-21, 22:19:15
Reply #856

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yes, all the same Windows 8.1, not particularly sure if some have more updates than the other. No antivirus on any of them (or any other protective system).

Anyone else using both latest Vray public (or nightly) and latest Corona daily side-by-side ? And 2015 3dsMax ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-21, 22:24:57
Reply #857

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Just for the sake of testing, close max and try renaming the "ENU" folder here: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2015 - 64bit\  . Just "ENU_backup" or something, so that it's out of the way.
If you start max now, it will create a new default one. I had some fascinating issues with the user settings in there. Just a wild guess but worth a try. After you have finished testing, just close max again, delete the new enu folder and rename the other one back to enu.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-01-21, 22:27:51
Reply #858

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Don't have any issue now, in any scene since I uninstalled Vray. I can install it again...and see again if it does it. I have completely clean 3dsMax install, so the ENU was deleted, and issue was encountered again anyway.
But will do so anyway.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2015-01-21, 22:29:48
Reply #859

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, all the same Windows 8.1, not particularly sure if some have more updates than the other. No antivirus on any of them (or any other protective system).

Anyone else using both latest Vray public (or nightly) and latest Corona daily side-by-side ? And 2015 3dsMax ?

V-Ray got updated today, I don´t have that version (I have V-Ray3.10.02), other than that I do use daily builds (2015-01-19 build), 3ds max 2015 sp3 side-by-side. I´m up for testing, don´t really know where to start though!

2015-01-21, 22:35:37
Reply #860

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
And how does your material editor (Corona previews ) behave ? Could you try installing and unnistalling Vray perhaps ? (But I fear this is stupidity since the other computers seem fine...mostly I guess)

2015-01-21, 22:43:58
Reply #861

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And how does your material editor (Corona previews ) behave ? Could you try installing and unnistalling Vray perhaps ? (But I fear this is stupidity since the other computers seem fine...mostly I guess)

It´s pretty slow, I´m having a few problems: Slow updating material previews, slow viewport navigation and freezes when slate material editor is open, pretty slow rendering performance.

I will try uninstall V-Ray and see what that does! Perhaps this performance problems should be moved to a separate thread?

Edit: I uninstalled V-Ray, tried a short time using the material editor. Installed the latest version and tried a short time using the material editor with no impact on speed at all. So for me it doesn´t seem to be V-Ray that´s the problem...

2015-01-21, 23:32:43
Reply #862

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am all for separate thread as long as it will revive itself from 'solved bugs'. Yeah, though the Vray thing could be nonsense, it just seems to be one more variable in my case. I am btw not even using slate, it happens in regular basic mat editor.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-21, 23:36:22 by Juraj_Talcik »

2015-01-21, 23:41:36
Reply #863

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, like the material editor thread...

I wouldn´t have been surprised if slate caused some problems....but if it happens on the old compact material editor it´s bad. Besides the material editor problems do you have any performance/speed issues?Slower render times than usual?

2015-01-21, 23:47:30
Reply #864

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Can't tell, I would be inclined to say perhaps, but that would be just wild assertion, nothing I can directly prove.

Installed latest Vray again. Run 3dsMax. Default renderer is MentalRay, Mat editor is full of Mental Ray Arch&Design shaders only. The moment I switch to Corona renderer, it's slow again, the preview rendering starts,
and takes quite few seconds on each. So definitely something is going on behind that Vray did affect. Even though it's not currently anyhow presented in scene. There must be some connection.

Opening scene that just right before installation, the mat editor opened in less than second, now takes 2 minutes again. (full of default Corona MTLs, zero textures in whole scene).

Will now try Deadclown's suggestion to delete ENU right now. Edit: No, that didn't help.... I am lost again.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-21, 23:56:42 by Juraj_Talcik »

2015-01-22, 00:13:48
Reply #865

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We seem to have different problems, but still somehow the same problems.  I´m completely lost too. I don´t mind doing some troubleshooting but I don´t know where to start.

Perhaps there are multiple factors to these problems?

I will try creating a new scene tomorrow so I can send it to Keymaster.

2015-01-22, 00:24:45
Reply #866

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
After some shuffling with Max plugin folders between various workstations, it seems to work...as should ? Maybe I'll come back tomorrow. Once I am done with this job I'll donate all my PC's to Keymaster for some time if he needs some variability and I will go to ocean somewhere finally...

2015-01-22, 00:29:56
Reply #867

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After I pushed myself to finish this project with all the problems I´m thinking of re-installing everything to see if that helps.

I understand you! Troubleshooting and problems can drive one crazy..!

2015-01-22, 05:34:06
Reply #868

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
EDIT: Nevermind! All good!  The error was on our servers, not Corona.

I am having an old issue come back.

using DR rendering, most slaves after anything from 0 up to 10 passes, suddenly loses certain bitmaps, and renders white instead of what ever colour the bitmap was.

No errors or anything, but it totally breaks the renders.. I am about to rerender 6 images, and Im not sure I can render them on the farm currently.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-23, 02:21:15 by snakebox »

2015-01-22, 18:14:37
Reply #869

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is the proxy exporter working with latest build? or I have to copy some files.. cause for me it was returning error on 16th jan build.. I have reverted back to 16th jan build because RT was not updating on latest build.. can someone help? thanks :)