Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 156976 times)

2015-01-21, 13:35:48
Reply #840

JeffPatton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jeffpatton.net
Nevermind...user error on my part in regards to the missing matte material.  Sorry about that.  Lesson learned: never install/try new software after working a 16 hour day. : /
Workstation: AMD Threadripper 3970x with 128gb RAM and 2x Titan RTX GPUs (win10 pro)

2015-01-21, 17:01:26
Reply #841

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I can't download the new DR server within Chrome. It gets flagged as malicious even as zip. file.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-21, 17:04:23
Reply #842

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I can't download the new DR server within Chrome. It gets flagged as malicious even as zip. file.

From Chrome help:

Turn off download warnings

If you don't want Chrome to show you download warnings, you can turn off your phishing and malware protection setting. Turning off these warnings will also turn off other malware and phishing alerts.

In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
Select Settings.
Click Show advanced settings.
Under "Privacy," deselect the "Enable phishing and malware protection" tick box.

I would re-enable it afterwards though.

2015-01-21, 17:10:02
Reply #843

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I did download it afterwards, though I previously I had no issue (with this particular file, just older version, from early January).

Interesting, IE flagged it as risky out of reason "not being downloaded often, and not signed by author".
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2015-01-21, 17:10:12
Reply #844

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Or just download it with IE and don't touch your chrome config hehehe

Cheers.

Edit:we wrote at the same time, cheers.

2015-01-21, 17:42:32
Reply #845

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Downloaded latest daily (21 Jan), and voila, it's super slow again on my 4930k 2015 SP2.. Can we get the "material editor performance" thread back ? It's not resolved.

Opening any scene, with, without texture, no, medium, or heavy geometry, the behaviour is the same. Material editor is extremely laggy. Creating clean CoronMat, and simply clicking on various attributes, has 5 second delay.
Converting clean scene with material editor having default VrayMats, just freezes on material editor generating previews and unfreezed after 2 minutes.
Edit: But the same happens no matter what. Even if use converter on clean/new scene to create 24 default Corona Mats. Switch renderer to Corona, I am waiting few minutes until it generats previews after opening material editor (while being frozen).

Edit2: The same build (21Jan) behaves correctly on Dual Xeon which I accidentaly left as SP1 2015.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-21, 18:06:41 by Juraj_Talcik »

2015-01-21, 17:54:36
Reply #846

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Downloaded latest daily (21 Jan), and voila, it's super slow again. Can we get the "material editor performance" thread back ? It's not resolved.

Opening any scene, with, without texture, no, medium, or heavy geometry, the behaviour is the same. Material editor is extremely laggy. Creating clean CoronMat, and simply clicking on various attributes, has 5 second delay.

Converting clean scene with material editor having default VrayMats, just freezes on material editor generating previews and unfreezed after 2 minutes.

I wonder what it is that triggers this, I don't see that behavior since the semi-fix some days ago.
IR doesn't feel that smooth anymore for me, though.

2015-01-21, 18:01:08
Reply #847

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Downloaded latest daily (21 Jan), and voila, it's super slow again. Can we get the "material editor performance" thread back ? It's not resolved.

I wonder what it is that triggers this, I don't see that behavior since the semi-fix some days ago.
IR doesn't feel that smooth anymore for me, though.

It's super-smooth on my Xeons, it lags on 4930k. 5960X is for games right now, but I will try old 2600k.
I will also install both 2014 and 2015, and try SP3 on 2015. (currently SP2)

EDIT: The smooth Xeon behaviour is on 2015 SP1. The freezing 4930k, is 2015 SP2. Could this be ? Will try both unninstalling the SP2 and then installing SP3 to finally pin this down. Fucking Autodesk, if it's his fault.
EDIT2: Apparently doesn't...I don't know, I am clueless. I can't waste my time doing this. These daily builds simply don't work for me as they should. Will test more when I have time, until then I will use Vray.
EDIT3:To keep my small diary here, fuck that, I don't want to do this project in Vray whatsoever. After few more installations (even 5960X and 3930K), no other workstations have the issue. But they all had SP1. I will try reinstalling Max.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-21, 20:02:12 by Juraj_Talcik »

2015-01-21, 21:26:55
Reply #848

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's super-smooth on my Xeons, it lags on 4930k. 5960X is for games right now, but I will try old 2600k.
I will also install both 2014 and 2015, and try SP3 on 2015. (currently SP2)

EDIT: The smooth Xeon behaviour is on 2015 SP1. The freezing 4930k, is 2015 SP2. Could this be ? Will try both unninstalling the SP2 and then installing SP3 to finally pin this down. Fucking Autodesk, if it's his fault.
EDIT2: Apparently doesn't...I don't know, I am clueless. I can't waste my time doing this. These daily builds simply don't work for me as they should. Will test more when I have time, until then I will use Vray.
EDIT3:To keep my small diary here, fuck that, I don't want to do this project in Vray whatsoever. After few more installations (even 5960X and 3930K), no other workstations have the issue. But they all had SP1. I will try reinstalling Max.

I noticed editing objects or just navigating and moving stuff around freezes while slate material editor is opened. If I close it everything is a lot faster. Material preview renderings is still slow. So the problems are not solved at all...
I can´t upload the scene I´m working on, but I will try to re-create the problems in a scene as soon as I can. At this moment I can barely work....all these problems drives me crazy.

2015-01-21, 21:35:06
Reply #849

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I did complete re-install of 3dsMax 2015 (appdata,regedit, flexnet,etc..) which even if I unchecked offered SP during installation (it offered me SP2...not 3 for some strange reason), the clean install refers to itself as SP1.

Nonetheless, as it is at that state, the material editor is fast and responsive, just like all the other machines were (which are also just SP1). Now because I need to finish these projects, I will not dare to install those SPs ( 2 and 3). I don't know if this causality has any correlation,
but I can't afford to risk it right now.

2015-01-21, 21:44:42
Reply #850

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Perhaps it could be something with sp2 or 3 that´s causing problems? I wouldn´t be surprised... Will try to revert back to sp1 soon and see what that does!

2015-01-21, 21:53:50
Reply #851

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Perhaps it could be something with sp2 or 3 that´s causing problems? I wouldn´t be surprised... Will try to revert back to sp1 soon and see what that does!

Reverting back (simply uninstalling that particular SP2) didn't do anything for me. After complete re-install, it did though. In both cases, the Max declared itself as SP1 though.

I also had in meantime checked 2014 SP5. No issue there either. So only my SP2 2015 installations had issue (and out of them, 2 had almost no other plugins, and no active plugins). I just don't know.

Edit: Installed Vray 3.10.02 and have the same issue again :- D But the other working machines have the same Vray installation and they are fine.... like what the fuck ?

2015-01-21, 22:01:37
Reply #852

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was hoping to not have to re-install all plugins and everything! But that´s good to know that I will have to uninstall everything.

I tried Max 2014 and it seemed to work a lot better, will try 2014 again!

That´s strange? What is going on!? This keeps getting more strange by the minute! :D

2015-01-21, 22:08:35
Reply #853

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Uninstalled Vray. Restarted 3dsMax. Still frozen. Restared PC. Material editor (only Corona) runs smoothly and flawlessly again. (but on other PCs, it runs completely fine together, Latest Daily + Vray).

Damn it, I can't pin it down to anything concrete. Just like running in circles, but loosing so much time.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-21, 22:12:23 by Juraj_Talcik »

2015-01-21, 22:12:28
Reply #854

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That is weird! Still only 2015 you´re having trouble with? I´m very curious to know what the problem is...3ds max, vray or corona :S