Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 159059 times)

2015-01-16, 20:39:34
Reply #780

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
It seems Corona scatter doesn't respect frequency parameter, is it me?

Edit: using the last build,  Jan 15 2015 21:38:53

It works here. Do you have avoid colisions checked by any chance?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-16, 21:58:13
Reply #781

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
The new CoronaMultiMap rocks! The different modes are more than I expected :)
The only wish I'd have are more slots or an arbitrary amount of slots. I guess there is a good reason why there aren't, probably a max thing about subMaps?

Anyways, what I'd suggest to add is maxscript access to an array of all x slots, so I could just access colors or maps by id

little excerpt from the VrayMultiSubTex:
Code: [Select]
.texmap_color : RGB color array
.texmap : texturemap array
.texmap_mult : float array
.color_1 (alias for texmap_color[0])
.color_10 (alias for texmap_color[9])
.color_11 (alias for texmap_color[10])
.color_12 (alias for texmap_color[11])
[...]
.id_1 (alias for texmap_id[0])
.id_10 (alias for texmap_id[9])
.id_11 (alias for texmap_id[10])
.id_12 (alias for texmap_id[11])
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-01-16, 22:20:50
Reply #782

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
I think, for this texture it is necessary to add a spinner of "seed" since without it colors change with each mouse click.
sorry for my english

2015-01-16, 23:00:12
Reply #783

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I think, for this texture it is necessary to add a spinner of "seed" since without it colors change with each mouse click.

which mode?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-16, 23:02:09
Reply #784

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The only wish I'd have are more slots or an arbitrary amount of slots. I guess there is a good reason why there aren't, probably a max thing about subMaps?
only that the way 3dsmax plugins are implemented, there is a humongous amount of copy+paste included in the code :(

2015-01-17, 12:21:58
Reply #785

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
which mode?
In instance mode, but only with coronascatter :^)
sorry for my english

2015-01-17, 15:23:55
Reply #786

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
interactive rendering?

2015-01-17, 17:06:03
Reply #787

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
yes
sorry for my english

2015-01-17, 18:59:33
Reply #788

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, there it does indeed change. It would be pretty hard to make it stick

2015-01-17, 21:35:01
Reply #789

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
HOORAY ! for the CoronaMultiMap at last !!!!

For people having trouble with new ui, well I too like tabbed Ui (Rawalanche's suggested) type more but the current one is useable too. Still, I really don't understand the problem with "LOTS" of scrolling either here - http://clip2net.com/s/3aElWjw - is that I always do while using Corona or any other renderer or some "large-option/feature-count" plugins (like forestpack for example) - for me it's the handiest way for sure.

Simplest thing I would suggest for a new UI's improvement would be the addition of an expand/show all button - I at least would be content with just that ))

More complex one would be some sort of sticky (always visible/on top) Corona render rollout panel (or just buttons) which instead of opening new rollouts and closing current ones would just scroll the always expanded Ui down to the pressed one's rollout. I think If that is possible (and judging from my usage of right click on scroll bar it can be done some way or another) this way everyone would be happy - all new ui haters, lovers and neutrals alike )) 

2015-01-17, 22:06:37
Reply #790

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Anyone has issue with sluggish material editor.. ? It feels rather much slower to me ( both Veronika and Peter said the same). It just..lags/freezes so much. Default mat ball/ 1 sample level only, and it stutters up to 20 seconds, and opening whole material editor can take minutes.

Any scene, any workstation. 2015 SP2

« Last Edit: 2015-01-17, 22:16:16 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-17, 22:43:42
Reply #791

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Can't use it at all like this...

Exploring other features, the new UI (16th vs 2nd Jan) only let me watch single tab ? I find this pretty discomforting as I like to be able to have broader outlook on settings. Not fan of this at all... the tabby idea is ok but only one at time ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2015-01-17, 22:48:14
Reply #792

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
RMB opens as before, and it will be changed again because I finally found a way to have multiple tabs in the window

2015-01-17, 22:50:05
Reply #793

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
RMB opens as before, and it will be changed again because I finally found a way to have multiple tabs in the window

Oh ok, I see, I had no idea there was left/right button distinction.

2015-01-17, 23:14:33
Reply #794

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Anyone has issue with sluggish material editor.. ? It feels rather much slower to me ( both Veronika and Peter said the same). It just..lags/freezes so much. Default mat ball/ 1 sample level only, and it stutters up to 20 seconds, and opening whole material editor can take minutes.

Any scene, any workstation. 2015 SP2

It's super slow even without rendered preview (although obviously tad faster). The moment I switch to Vray everything is instant again. No one else anything... ? Wondering which version to roll back to.... I don't want to go back to 7.2.