Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 158919 times)

2015-01-16, 09:38:17
Reply #765

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Values from VFB cannot affect camera mod.  What I could do is separate checkbox to enable colormapping overrides and camera parameter overrides.

Why do you use camera mod anyways? It is meant for special cases when you render more cameras at once, not day to day work
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-16, 09:42:58
Reply #766

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the color mapping/camera mod UI is WIP anyways. If anyone has any idea how to solve it, please, we would like to hear it ;). But we fear there is no perfect solution.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-16, 09:57:44
Reply #767

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Just to add a +1 to Rawalanches idea for the UI.
I prefer scrolling above Ondra's solution.

2015-01-16, 10:06:07
Reply #768

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Values from VFB cannot affect camera mod.  What I could do is separate checkbox to enable colormapping overrides and camera parameter overrides.

Why do you use camera mod anyways? It is meant for special cases when you render more cameras at once, not day to day work

I use camera mod to set up DOF based on the camera target. Sometimes I use it when I need to render several different camera angles with different exposure overnight. That happens quite often that I need to render more camera at once :) I find it really handy and nice. I can also explain my exposure workflow and why I really want to have both VFB and camera mod.

When you add a camera mod to a camera, can´t the camera mod and VFB color map work like before (you can use both) UNTIL you tick "use photographic exposure"?

Kind of like before but at the same time you get some flexibility and won´t get locked down by having to choose either VFB or camera mod?

Like in Vray for example, if you use vrayphysical camera it controls exposure, but you can still change exposure during render by opening the exposure tab?

But a seperate checkbox for override like you suggested might do the trick! :)

2015-01-16, 10:08:33
Reply #769

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Checkbox for override controls would make it clear to a new user that unless it's checked it doesn't affect camera mod.

But on other hand, some people might end up thinking they need a camera mod cause "does the colormapping work if I don't have a camera mod and checkbox isn't checked?"

If you really want to make a user be sure and not ask what controls takes precedence, then you need to answer the question:

In manual

Or directly in UI of the colormapping itself (test if you are rendering from a camera mod, and give the result to the vfb colormapping controls - disabled if cameramod is in use, or give a statement what takes precendence)

2015-01-16, 11:23:17
Reply #770

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I think the entire problem is having color mapping settings in camera. That's just not the place where should they be. If one uses cameramod it is assumed they use it to work with physical camera.

EV is not part of physical camera, and other things like Contrast and White Balance is what most professionals do in post anyway. Contrast, Tint, White balance, are things that apply overall look. I can imagine someone wants different exposure per camera, or different fstop or shutter, but look is something like LUT, that should be global, not in camera. And the most absurd thing is having highlight compression in camera too. That's just wrong.

I would suggest removing everything color mapping related from camera mod. That will remove source of any problems and confusions. So Camera would have just Sensor, Fstop, ISO, Shutter and Tint. I can't think of any other way out of this mess. This is exactly that "flexibility at the expense of usability" case.

2015-01-16, 11:26:12
Reply #771

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2015-01-16, 11:30:47
Reply #772

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The idea that Rawalanche proposes sounds good.

Have color mapping in VFB and still be able to use CameraMod for setting up DOF correctly and have it work like a physical camera with F-Stop, ISO, Shutter speed and so on, if I understood correctly!

2015-01-16, 12:12:47
Reply #773

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
I can imagine someone wants different exposure per camera, or different fstop or shutter, but look is something like LUT, that should be global, not in camera. And the most absurd thing is having highlight compression in camera too. That's just wrong.

I fully disagree. Talking about interior set, every time we change the view we could have the need to change exposure. It's very very important to have the option to set an exposure per camera. It's the way you work in a photographic studio, and it's the way we work in render.
I agree about post production, every single render need to have a post, but, most of all for exposure, we need to start from a as good imagine as we can have from the render. And this could be a need also in exterior renders.
Really don't understand the reason why you find "just wrong" to change the exposure from a cam to another...
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-01-16, 12:43:30
Reply #774

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Not that I use it but this has been quite requested on Chaos forum. There is no reason why further options shouldn't need to be there. But they shouldn't lock you out iterative workflow in framebuffer.

If framebuffer values cannot be mapped back, it should be possible that framebuffer copies values (which are now locked) from cameramod, and lets you override them if for nothing, at least for test purpose.
I am still mostly talking primarily about physical camera (Exposure/ISO/...) though and how it make sense to hardwire it into camera mod for mass rendering (or simply remembering it) and being able to tweak it during render in FB.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-16, 12:46:46
Reply #775

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, exactly!

I might have been explaining wrong, but all I wanted was to be able to change exposure and highlight compression even if I have a CameraMod enabled, which I could until it was changed, that´s all!

2015-01-16, 13:18:41
Reply #776

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I can imagine someone wants different exposure per camera, or different fstop or shutter, but look is something like LUT, that should be global, not in camera. And the most absurd thing is having highlight compression in camera too. That's just wrong.

I fully disagree. Talking about interior set, every time we change the view we could have the need to change exposure. It's very very important to have the option to set an exposure per camera. It's the way you work in a photographic studio, and it's the way we work in render.
I agree about post production, every single render need to have a post, but, most of all for exposure, we need to start from a as good imagine as we can have from the render. And this could be a need also in exterior renders.
Really don't understand the reason why you find "just wrong" to change the exposure from a cam to another...

No. sorry, but you misunderstood me. I said I CAN imagine someone needs different exposure per camera. That's what i mean. You CAN and SHOULD be able to have exposure per camera. Just not color mapping per camera. But i actually found some way to make it work. Just need to finish and polish the concept :)

2015-01-16, 14:13:05
Reply #777

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Rawalanche, ok! ;)

2015-01-16, 14:35:08
Reply #778

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
It seems Corona scatter doesn't respect frequency parameter, is it me?

Edit: using the last build,  Jan 15 2015 21:38:53

2015-01-16, 15:09:05
Reply #779

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was able to put a cameramod over non camera objects. Is not better to restrict to just camera type only?.
posted as bug.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...