Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 156938 times)

2015-01-15, 18:11:39
Reply #750

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
While i have nothing "against" Rawas solution, i have nothing against Ondras either. To me both are equally logical and straightforward. But i do think that "learning curve and non standard interface" are not valid excuses. Come on people, we're talking about buttons here! Click it and it's immediately clear what it does. Corona is a rendering engine, not Chrome, if users can learn how to use Max, figuring out what a couple of buttons do shouldn't be a problem. Besides, i'm guessing some "how to" or help section will probably be on the new site when 1.0 is released. If one is ready to dive into a new rendering engine spending 10 minutes on reading users guide is to be expected.

That exposure scattered around UI mess is a bigger issue, wink wink :D

2015-01-15, 18:19:36
Reply #751

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Hanging out with the 1.0 with this UI, from my point of view, isn't a good idea. Better to let the users, especially those accustomed to V-Ray, MR etc, with an interface which they are used to work.  Maybe, later, you can think a better idea, like Rawalanche (first or second version) showed us. 

I am a fan of static UI. In fact, I REALLY hate the shit Ribbon X(

2015-01-15, 18:30:10
Reply #752

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That exposure scattered around UI mess is a bigger issue, wink wink :D

I completely agree. I can get used to the new UI layout, but the new way exposure works is not good :/

2015-01-15, 19:15:33
Reply #753

mirokurcik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Current daily builds UI fully follows the basic idea of Corona, ie. maximum simplicity. I really like it.
3dsmax UI is a 20-year-old concept, designed for small resolution, lot of scrooling, ... in 1995 really good and modern.
But today, for example limited width of the Command Panel, completely unsuitable for "feeding" any scatters, and other "adesk" nonsense like ribbons, ... it is time for trying other solutions.

about Corona Settings:
- I see everything important in a one panel, no need tabs (but my render dialog is on portrait fullHD display).
- Rollouts buttons, at the first attempt is not much, but just a couple of clicks, remember RMB and I like it.

I am not saying that it is perfect, I take it more as a different view.

UI design is complex thing, let's please KeyMaster more time to fine-tuning this "no ABC-ray" approach.

2015-01-15, 19:34:20
Reply #754

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

UI design is complex thing, let's please KeyMaster more time to fine-tuning this "no ABC-ray" approach.

Yes, I agree with you. Corona v1.0 + this "unfinished" UI isn't a good "business" idea.
It's better to stay quiet, with good old UI (or maybe with first  Rawalanche idea) for some release.
And spend more time with a new idea (if we really need it!)

2015-01-15, 21:13:15
Reply #755

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Quick question: how important is that scatter does not move instances when importing from older version? Parameters would stay same, I mean moving as in setting different random seed
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-15, 22:22:05
Reply #756

mirokurcik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Quick question: how important is that scatter does not move instances when importing from older version? Parameters would stay same, I mean moving as in setting different random seed

Unimportant to me, I'd probably have not even noticed.

2015-01-15, 23:09:20
Reply #757

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
New Corona Scatter interface elements is heavily missaligned - looks quite unprofesional. Didn't test its funcionality yet.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-01-15, 23:19:56
Reply #758

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I havent touched the UI yet
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-16, 01:28:15
Reply #759

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I understand that there are lot of things to do but I wonder if I can get an answer for one question.

How exposure works now, with CoronaCamMod, VFB and so on, is this how it will remain?

The only reason I like to know is basically if I should find a workaround for my previous workflow to fit with how it works now or if I should be patient and wait for it to be restored?

2015-01-16, 01:50:23
Reply #760

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
camera mod now has entire set of color mapping parameters, and if you enable it and render, it overrides other spinners until you render without the camera mod

2015-01-16, 01:55:23
Reply #761

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
camera mod now has entire set of color mapping parameters, and if you enable it and render, it overrides other spinners until you render without the camera mod

Thanks for the answer Keymaster. I can´t say I´m happy about that change but I suppose there are some reason behind that. I will change my current workflow then!

2015-01-16, 02:05:38
Reply #762

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Didn't look too much into how this was solved in latest Vray update, but I think they planned to deal with this in quite smart way (and I think they did it I just don't use Vray right now). Both camera and framebuffer would affect each other, based on what was used last. Keeps both freedom and consistency.

Is that different from what latest build of Corona has ? Or how does the "override" manifest ? It greys/locks them out (in framebuffer)  ?  Or just ignore... ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-16, 02:13:03
Reply #763

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With a CoronaCamMod enabled I can´t change exposure and highlight compression during or after rendering and that is just...terrible to be honest!

If you enable CoronaCamMod the color map tab completely disappears from VFB.

If they could work together like Juraj says that would be great! I could continue with my current workflow regarding exposure and perhaps less confusion (if there were any)!

Is this possible? Could this please be considered? Or can you change back? Do some fix? :D

2015-01-16, 09:37:41
Reply #764

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some feedback for the latest build (15-01-2015)

added start interactive button into VFB - drops down from render button

While it's good to have an IR button in the VFB, there's no indication on the normal render button that it drops down for more options when you hold it, like an small arrow in the icon for example. To be honest, I'd prefer a separate button for IR, is should not be hidden as a drop down option.

Another thing, we really need visual feedback that IR is preparing or has been stopped. With bigger scenes you press it and then nothing happens until it kicks in. I am sure some people will right away click it again (or click the main render button) because they're unsure whether something is happening. So anything that let the user know what's happening is really needed.

Also, the VFB ColorMap fields display a '.' decimal separator although OS and max display a ',' (always as dot although OS is set to a comma). Imo it should respect the OS setting. Going to report this on Mantis as it should be fixed imo.