Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 158837 times)

2015-01-15, 13:25:55
Reply #735

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In general me neither, I consider it "degenerate" workflow. I only mean stuck up noise, i.e some very glossy specular surfaces, so for that the MaskID. For the whole render, no, never.

I am on HD Cache, so in my case it's not by UHD. Have not tested that one yet.

I see, thank you for the explanation and a little noise don´t bother me, I kind of like it!

I will try with HD Cache and see if that makes any difference, hopefully the speed will be fixed sooner or later :)

2015-01-15, 13:27:23
Reply #736

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
But I do like Rawalanche's UI suggestion. Basically Performance is the "don't touch" for regular users. I have to yet compare my current (jan2) build to actual build.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-15, 13:33:40
Reply #737

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
In general me neither, I consider it "degenerate" workflow. I only mean stuck up noise, i.e some very glossy specular surfaces, so for that the MaskID. For the whole render, no, never.

I am on HD Cache, so in my case it's not by UHD. Have not tested that one yet.

I see, thank you for the explanation and a little noise don´t bother me, I kind of like it!

To end my off-topic chain :- ) There is "photographic", consistent noise, and there is CGI, displaced noise. If whole scene has little noise, it can has nice photographic feel (but even that is often undesirable in marketing imagery),
but I usually have issue with some glossy surfaces being noisy forever, when rest of the scene is absolutely crystal-clear. It mostly happens when they're absolutely out of sight of any direct light. Then masked denoising helps a lot ;- ) Like here:
(that's 600 passes on default settings ! everything else was looking good after 100, and quite clean after 200 passes. Huge amount of rendering time) Situation for adaptiveness.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-15, 13:37:13 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-15, 13:51:28
Reply #738

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To end my off-topic chain :- ) There is "photographic", consistent noise, and there is CGI, displaced noise. If whole scene has little noise, it can has nice photographic feel (but even that is often undesirable in marketing imagery),
but I usually have issue with some glossy surfaces being noisy forever, when rest of the scene is absolutely crystal-clear. It mostly happens when they're absolutely out of sight of any direct light. Then masked denoising helps a lot ;- ) Like here:
(that's 600 passes on default settings ! everything else was looking good after 100, and quite clean after 200 passes. Huge amount of rendering time) Situation for adaptiveness.

Yeah, I was referring to photographic noise as the kind of noise I like :) Nice info, thanks! I have run into a few situations where there is persistent noise but I haven´t like the result of de-noising. I will try with MaskID next time I run into that problem!

Back to topic: I tried with HD Cache and I have the same slow render times... :/

2015-01-15, 13:53:11
Reply #739

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Really like the UI option of rawalanche

2015-01-15, 14:08:04
Reply #740

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
while it looks good at first sight, there is still the crucial problem - adding new tabs is something I was not able to do. The 3dsmax is more retarded in this than usual. Thats why we added the switcher buttons.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-15, 14:21:11
Reply #741

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
while it looks good at first sight, there is still the crucial problem - adding new tabs is something I was not able to do. The 3dsmax is more retarded in this than usual. Thats why we added the switcher buttons.

Then you should try harder, ask Chris for example, or on beta forums. If Vlado figure it out, why wouldn't you? Alternatively, it's always possible to do this:

Ideally also with remembering which rollouts were closed or open. It would be a real shame to sacrifice UI usability due to small technical limitation.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-15, 14:25:27 by Rawalanche »

2015-01-15, 15:15:21
Reply #742

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Vlado has 10 years head start and a team of 150 people. We are 3 people and 45 days late with the release.

I honestly have no idea if and how I will change the UI further before release. Right now I am doing scatter, bugfixing, and web.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-15, 15:24:26
Reply #743

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Vlado has 10 years head start and a team of 150 people. We are 3 people and 45 days late with the release.

I honestly have no idea if and how I will change the UI further before release. Right now I am doing scatter, bugfixing, and web.

Shouldn't take longer than two or three hours (own experience). What's wrong with the concept? I mean, once Corona goes 1.0, it should make best possible impression. Alien button panel will certainly not help it.

2015-01-15, 15:29:44
Reply #744

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I havent studied the concept yet. I just looked over it, and I liked some things. On the other hand, most people also like the current version. I will look for a way to get the best of both by evolving the current version, but you have to respect my scheduling

2015-01-15, 15:49:14
Reply #745

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
I agree with Rawalanche, you create a solution that has not in Max standard, just one more thing to learn and one more different way to work. If you can't add more than one tab, Rawalanche solution it's a good one instead.
Otherwise, you can go back to the beginning solution, personally I didn't find so impossible to work with it...
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-01-15, 16:15:52
Reply #746

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
+1.000 for the first Rawalanche UI
It doesn't break 3ds max rules and it's more easy to use.

Ondra, you don' t use every day Corona to work in a real projects as we do =) But, believe me, it isn't pleasant to play.
If you don't know how to add a new tabs, please, consider the second option.
UI, as now, is very, very uncomfortable.

I really want to know who prefer the last Daily version =)
« Last Edit: 2015-01-15, 16:29:25 by cecofuli »

2015-01-15, 16:24:31
Reply #747

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I too am curious about who likes the current daily version over my concept. And especially why. If there is anything better about the current daily version, i could perhaps incorporate it into my concept so it works even better :)

2015-01-15, 16:57:48
Reply #748

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So when the camera you are rendering from has a CoronaCamMod, and it´s enabled to get DOF from the camera, the color mapping tab from VFB will be gone? No way to get it back? I liked how it was before, when I could change highlight compression and exposure anytime I wanted (during or after rendering). So now I have to choose between using DOF based on the camera and using highlight compression in VFB?

I would rather remove exposure from Render Setup completely and have it in VFB and CoronaCamMod.

This new stuff is confusing and disrupts my workflow a lot :(

2015-01-15, 18:10:14
Reply #749

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I too am curious about who likes the current daily version over my concept. And especially why. If there is anything better about the current daily version, i could perhaps incorporate it into my concept so it works even better :)

I wasn't against the new UI when it was introduced but having worked with it for some days sporadically I have to say I dislike it. If it was a choice between the old and the new UI I'd vote for the old UI. Options are too far away, hiding and unhiding tabs feels like hit&miss half of the time. Having it all in one place, even when you had to scroll, was easier to manage actually.
Your concept looks interesting for sure and might be a good way to go but I'd have to look at it with more time.