Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 158935 times)

2015-01-14, 14:22:31
Reply #705

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Juraj: can you send me contents of maxlog.txt file from your dr folder?

It's only multiple of this:

1/13/2015 15:08:01 PM;  An unexpected exception has occurred in the network renderer and it is terminating.
1/13/2015 15:08:01 PM;  Error rendering frame 0: An unexpected exception has occurred in the network renderer and it is terminating.
1/13/2015 15:08:02 PM;  Job Completed with Error(s) - see above

Will try further tests. Otherwise I am on Jan2 daily build which works well and for safety reasons I will keep it for 2 more days until I finish a project than update to latest one again.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-14, 17:29:08
Reply #706

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Keymaster, it seems you've removed the BRDF switch...?
It would still be useful to have both, Ashikhmin-Shirley and GGX (...and not through MXS only so you can see what it is set to with a glimpse). Can we get it back?

2015-01-14, 17:51:23
Reply #707

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Keymaster, it seems you've removed the BRDF switch...?
It would still be useful to have both, Ashikhmin-Shirley and GGX (...and not through MXS only so you can see what it is set to with a glimpse). Can we get it back?

MASSIVE ui overhaul. Here are some of the highlights:

• CoronaMtl: self illumination moved to Advanced options, hidden “SSS mode” and BSDF selector (now legacy mode ON = Ashikhmin, off = GGX), removed ability to create portals (use the separate mtl for that), map amounts changed to 0-100%

I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-01-14, 18:05:00
Reply #708

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, thanks for clarifying, I thought the legacy switch would trigger energy preservation mode.

Still... what if you add another BSDF at some point? The switch accounts for two models, so if a third option comes at some point you'll have to redesign it. Wouldn't a drop-down menu be better in terms of future expandability?

2015-01-14, 19:01:44
Reply #709

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
QUESTION: why doesn't IR recognize Max Sample intensity?
It looks like set by default = 0. How can I change it? (Build timestamp: Dec 21 2014)
Ok, same problem with the last daily.

EDIT: same with Jan 13 2015.
Ehy, but.. what happen to the "Corona Rendere rollouts? When I click the rectangular button (Main & DR button)  now, it changes position, as the last rollout!
« Last Edit: 2015-01-14, 19:27:55 by cecofuli »

2015-01-14, 19:28:26
Reply #710

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the legacy checkbox is not intended to switch BRDFs, it will be removed in the future. It is simple - since most users do not know what BRDF is, the controls are not visible. It is still accessible via maxscript... but I advise to just stay with GGX
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-14, 19:29:06
Reply #711

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
QUESTION: why doesn't IR recognize Max Sample intensity?
It looks like set by default = 0. How can I change it? (Build timestamp: Dec 21 2014)
Ok, same problem with the last daily.

EDIT: same with Jan 13 2015.
Ehy, but.. what happen to the "Corona Rendere rollouts? When I click the rectangular button (Main & DR button)  now, it changes position, as the last rollout!
that does not look like different MSI, can you send me the scene to mantis?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-14, 19:31:41
Reply #712

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes Ondra, look at my last render.
Same setting, just click IR. YOu see a lot of caustics white dots.
If I render PT+PT +MSI = 0, I have the same result as IR + MSI = 20
What do you say about the rollout position problem?

2015-01-14, 19:36:11
Reply #713

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2015-01-14, 19:39:18
Reply #714

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
How does one adjust motion blur or DoF settings globally when not using photographic exposure? Settings are grayed out. Also, a new user will never figure out how to display multiple tabs at once since right clicking on any button is not consistent with any UI behavior in rest of Max. If it wasn't for randomly stumbling upon a post in this (for new users hidden) forum section, even I would not have figured that out, let alone new user.

2015-01-14, 19:47:35
Reply #715

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the legacy checkbox is not intended to switch BRDFs, it will be removed in the future. It is simple - since most users do not know what BRDF is, the controls are not visible. It is still accessible via maxscript... but I advise to just stay with GGX

Well, I for one would like to be able to access both in the UI.
Like I said above, having no switch at all means that if you decide to implement the next uber-shader next year you'll have to rework that section, causing all sorts of problems down the road with old production scenes and shaders etc., with a drop down you'd just have to add another option to the list. I for one would love to see this coming back...

Take this one with a pinch of salt: ADSK sometimes decides to add/rearrange/modify features or UI elements for 'simplicity' reasons and in order to not confuse new users - I always hate it when they do that and it always feels like a regression.

2015-01-14, 19:51:21
Reply #716

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, "solved" the Corona Render rollout bug.
When it was as last rollout, I moved it manually as first.
Now, the bug is gone. It's fixed as first rollout.
Open-close 3ds max and no problem.

2015-01-14, 22:03:08
Reply #717

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
How does one adjust motion blur or DoF settings globally when not using photographic exposure? Settings are grayed out. Also, a new user will never figure out how to display multiple tabs at once since right clicking on any button is not consistent with any UI behavior in rest of Max. If it wasn't for randomly stumbling upon a post in this (for new users hidden) forum section, even I would not have figured that out, let alone new user.

enable motion blur or DOF effect, and the appropriate controls should un-freeze.

We are still not sure if we want LMB = 1 tab, RMB = multiple... maybe there will be checkbox for it (there is space now after the last shuffle), or RMB and LMB will be switched.

cecofuli: unfortunately here we hit hard a 3dsmax limitation. There is AFAIK absolutely no way to force 3dsmax to display tabs in any specific order. YOu have to re-arrange them initially.

2015-01-14, 22:05:11
Reply #718

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Well, I for one would like to be able to access both in the UI.
Like I said above, having no switch at all means that if you decide to implement the next uber-shader next year you'll have to rework that section, causing all sorts of problems down the road with old production scenes and shaders etc., with a drop down you'd just have to add another option to the list. I for one would love to see this coming back...

Take this one with a pinch of salt: ADSK sometimes decides to add/rearrange/modify features or UI elements for 'simplicity' reasons and in order to not confuse new users - I always hate it when they do that and it always feels like a regression.

The dropdown is still there, but hidden by default (displayed only to me). Right now we have 1 BRDF that is clearly better, so exposing the settings is not worth the extra confusion. It is the same as sampling multipliers - they are still there, only not exposed to user ;). Because there is not much to gain by changing the defaults.

2015-01-14, 22:20:19
Reply #719

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
CoronaProxyEsporter doesn't work with the last Daily.
Because that, I have to install an old Corona Daily version.
I cannot work without this script.