Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 156886 times)

2015-01-13, 13:11:44
Reply #690

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Am I correct that , with the latest build, normal maps should be loaded with gamma 1.0 and not with 2.2 anymore (like in all builds before)? So the default behavior in Corona is now similar to how the other renderers do it?
there is already newer build that has the gamma checkbox back, but this time it is off by default (so either check it, or load with input gamma overriden to 1).  It will tell you if you loaded bitmap with incorrect gamma.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-13, 13:31:31
Reply #691

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yes, that's the build I'm referring to. I just wanted to be sure that the defaults changed to be gamma 1.0 for normal maps now.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-01-13, 13:38:26
Reply #692

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes. Either way, the warning for bitmaps should work fine (please test it if you can ;)).

Also: I added "start interactive" button to VFB, it drops down from render button (same as discard/save all)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-13, 17:49:23
Reply #693

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok... i'm in. Mail sent. I want to beta test Corona.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2015-01-13, 21:51:20
Reply #694

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs

2015-01-13, 22:27:10
Reply #695

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Keymaster, something about this?

Question about daily builds/1.0.

There will be adaptive progression in Progressive like in bucket mode?

Cheers.

Cheers.

2015-01-13, 23:17:29
Reply #696

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm really missing Colour mapping tab in VFB. I understand that to have ability to adjust exposure settings in three different places can be somehow confusing for new users, but tone mapping controls in VFB was most convenient way for me. Maybe it's worth considering option to unveil that tab via config file for more advanced users?

BTW, CoronaCamMod is quite messy and half functioning at this moment, but i believe it was reported already.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-01-13, 23:49:22
Reply #697

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Color mapping tab is removed only when camera mod is active and overrides the settings

there wont be progressive adaptivity in 1.0 - which is a good reason to buy saas/subscription :D

headoff: can you report it as a bug?

2015-01-13, 23:57:27
Reply #698

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Color mapping tab is removed only when camera mod is active and overrides the settings
What a relief! Not sure if it won't add to confusion more than it should, though :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-01-14, 00:11:27
Reply #699

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The new DR is sort of moody for me..not sure how better to describe it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (same scene, same working session, same node). When it doesn't, it will simply claim "closed loopbeck" right after it finished the pre-rendering phase (building acc structure). Anyone else having better success ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-14, 09:16:53
Reply #700

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm really missing Colour mapping tab in VFB. I understand that to have ability to adjust exposure settings in three different places can be somehow confusing for new users, but tone mapping controls in VFB was most convenient way for me.

This broken up exposure interface... I even reported it on Mantis (not three but four different places!), especially now with unsynced values in render settings and VFB tone mapping tab.
If it were up to me i would completely remove anything exposure wise from render settings. Move everything to camera modifier and tone mapping in VFB (with identical interface!). When rendering camera view camera modifier has precedence (if it were up to me you couldn't even render camera view without camera modifier), and when rendering non camera view tone mapping controls in VFB are used.
What if you need to override everything, you ask. Well that could be a problem, and we're back to render settings. But with a separate rollout that overrides both camera modifier and VFB (with some simple "override" check box and, again, identical interface!).
So it would be a simple chain, render settings > camera modifier > VFB tone tab.

But, that's just me, and what do i know about anything... :)

2015-01-14, 10:47:46
Reply #701

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Also: I added "start interactive" button to VFB, it drops down from render button (same as discard/save all)

In Jan 13 2015 build it not works.
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-01-14, 13:12:53
Reply #702

form

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Plus Form
13 Hours in, clicked stop in VFB and got this pop up.
Not seen it before.

- Passes saved. On clicking abort max crashed

2015-01-14, 13:39:18
Reply #703

form

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Plus Form
The new DR is sort of moody for me..not sure how better to describe it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (same scene, same working session, same node). When it doesn't, it will simply claim "closed loopbeck" right after it finished the pre-rendering phase (building acc structure). Anyone else having better success ?

Hi Juraj,

Only 2 nodes here but don't seem to be having your troubles. Everything has been ok, no closed loopbacks

2015-01-14, 14:07:56
Reply #704

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Juraj: can you send me contents of maxlog.txt file from your dr folder?