Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 159074 times)

2015-01-11, 20:10:48
Reply #660

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I asked for permission before doing and posting it :)

Cheers!

2015-01-11, 20:26:21
Reply #661

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2015-01-11, 20:30:27
Reply #662

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks =)  I didn't see
I'm VRay beta tester and it's absolutely denied to share info about internal/daily version =)

Yet another difference. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-01-11, 20:38:42
Reply #663

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tutorial removed.

I'll re-do it in the near future.

Cheers!

2015-01-11, 20:47:55
Reply #664

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Thanks =)  I didn't see
I'm VRay beta tester and it's absolutely denied to share info about internal/daily version =)

Usually I had no problem with it, but I will probably need to re-think the policy in the future - most of the times it is OK, but here, because the UI was re-done massively twice, the middle step should be forgotten and erased from everywhere - if it floats around, it could add up to confusion.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-11, 20:49:49
Reply #665

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Yes, but it's understandable. When you become commercial, it's better to work in an "hidden mode", and show only what is official.
First, to avoid misunderstandings with the "normal" users. According, to make the job of programmers and moderators easier. I personally agree with the choice of Chaosgroup.

2015-01-11, 22:04:54
Reply #666

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Question about daily builds/1.0.

There will be adaptive progression in Progressive like in bucket mode?

Cheers.

2015-01-11, 22:23:43
Reply #667

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can someone please confirm that new camera modifier doesn't work. Or am i going crazy.
Thank you!

2015-01-11, 23:44:02
Reply #668

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Can someone please confirm that new camera modifier doesn't work. Or am i going crazy.
Thank you!
what exactly is not working? I see the "enable dof" checkbox might be bugged, but otherwise it seems to work. Are you using build from 10. 1.? There was a bug with some controls not being plugged in in the 9.1.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-11, 23:50:32
Reply #669

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The latest build is incredibly broken!!!

- Mask RE doesn't render anything, is black

- The (idiotic - just my opinion on the buttons) renderer rollouts buttons cannot be pressed more than one at a time, only one rollout is active, which is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING!!!!! If this is a feature, jesus f**k!!! I'm sticking with the December 2014 version until the devs come to their senses.

- Sometimes the RE VFBs don't show up at all. Sometimes they do.

and more... I'll report as I stumble upon those...
« Last Edit: 2015-01-11, 23:58:36 by loocas »

2015-01-12, 00:02:31
Reply #670

form

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Plus Form
Are composite layers working correctly for you guys in the latest build (10/01/15) - I've got a simple material, in the diffuse I have a composite layers - 3 layers in there, on two of the layers I have fall offs - no texture is rendering, just a solid diffuse colour?

-Edit : Seems like a bug here, Created a new material and copied the diffuse, now works fine - this has happened a few times when running Deadclowns material conversion script, the diffuse isn't recognized until a new map is created with exactly the same parameters, then all is fine
« Last Edit: 2015-01-12, 00:22:31 by form »

2015-01-12, 00:16:40
Reply #671

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

- The (idiotic - just my opinion on the buttons) renderer rollouts buttons cannot be pressed more than one at a time, only one rollout is active, which is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING!!!!! If this is a feature, jesus f**k!!! I'm sticking with the December 2014 version until the devs come to their senses.

#1 and #2 is caused by switching from new build back to old one - all materials "Visible in masks" checkbox gets unchecked. There are no problems when going forward. I will try to find a solution that will permit going to older builds. You can create a maxscript that will set all your materials "visible in masks" property to solve this.

#2: right mouse button works as before

2015-01-12, 00:19:57
Reply #672

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile

#1 and #2 is caused by switching from new build back to old one - all materials "Visible in masks" checkbox gets unchecked. There are no problems when going forward. I will try to find a solution that will permit going to older builds. You can create a maxscript that will set all your materials "visible in masks" property to solve this.

#2: right mouse button works as before

Cheers, figured out the material switch after some more testing.

The buttons, I still think they're ... well... you know. :)

2015-01-12, 11:22:07
Reply #673

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Unfortunately, i have no time to test Corona lately at all. Fired max today just to see new changes, and must say i fell in love with new Render Settings UI. The only gripe is that by default it starts with About/License tab opened. I think it'd be more sensible to have Main tab opened by default.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-01-12, 12:06:56
Reply #674

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Any reason why HDcache (legacy) is the default secondary GI when installing/opening max?  shouldn't it be UHDcache these days?