Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 158951 times)

2015-01-09, 10:00:56
Reply #645

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
can you post screenshots of the VFB (with the noise and statistics) of the rendered scene with both UHD and HD cache?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-09, 12:11:12
Reply #646

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I have a slight concern that as great as the new UHD cache is with direct light, its amazing! just as not great it has become with indirect light..  yes it takes more passes and that's fine. But we have several scenes where if we were to do animation on these jobs, which is very standard.. exterior tall building with shops at the bottom kind of job, we would never be able to finish it while maintaining an image quality anyone would pay for.

simply put, in slightly low light areas the noise is very very persistent, and 30min -1hour a frame (which is too high) is no where near enough to give us enough passes to begin to clean this up.

Noise is very visible even after 150 passes, decent though ,but also 2-3 hours a frame on a 6 core xeon.

Yes the scene we use is super heavy, not ideally optimised from a geometry point of view etc.. but this is often the reality when working with cad imports etc, just don't have the time to sit around creating utopia unfortunately.

EDIT: I think we may have found out why we got SO much noise in this particular scene... lights... IES lights... delete them, and we get a cleaner image after 30 passes than we ever did after 120 passes.
scaling is what I am referring to, since the core things that makes corona great, also becomes its down fall when time is a problem, there is no way to fake, turn off stuff that will speed things up.

anyway im starting to ramble here, sorry just my thoughts on a problem I'm not really sure how to "fix"

Perhaps rambling, but it's mostly true. Architectural animation is bit off yet terms of realistic possibility (measured in rendering time) in Corona, esp. in situation where persistent noise would happen, or artificial lights were used.
I know I go to quite extreme measures with turning stuff off in Vray (bias, cutoff and bounces) when I do interior animation, and believe there are other, better ways to achieve that. I think with decent future adaptivness and perhaps reintroduction of IR for at least animation purpose that can be solved.
I mean the times are not any much worse (sometimes even much better) when compared on equal ground, but we're quite spoiled with what's possible to get away with turning stuff off and optimilizing it to core necessity (often to visual detriment at some point).
I think I'll embark on Corona animation somewhere in March to see what's possible.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-09, 20:34:26
Reply #647

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some feedback to db from 9-Jan-2015, not complete, only some quick thoughts:

- Material and maps improvements are neat. Following the impression that you want to ensure consistency with existing Max maps, can we please please have multipliers for maps in the AO map? I have asked this a number of times already and still find it super useful, way more convenient than adding another mix/multiply map only to influence intensity of the map. That would be great!

map amounts changed to 0-100%

Does this mean a value of 0,1 for the Bump map slot for example is now 10? I'm asking because my old scenes still display 0,1 in the Bump slot while other maps convert fine to the new 0-100 scheme.

imrpoved preview of some of the texmap in map select dialog - CoronaNormal, CoronaAO, CoronaFrontBack, CoronaRayswitch

The new AO map rendering is neat!

Major reorganization of main tab - merged with progressive, color mapping, actions tabs

While I find it good in general, I'd rather have the 'Show VFB' and 'Start Interactive' buttons be either more prominent, or moved to the top, or even being always visible if possible. Also, 'Reset Setting' should not be placed between them and should be moved to some other place. Considering how often a user presses the VFB/IR button in a max session chances are he accidentally hits the 'Reset' button.

Off to testing!

2015-01-09, 23:10:14
Reply #648

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Hi Ondra!
About the "Main" tab
Have Sampling ballance and Speed vs. Accuracy ballance in the Main tab was more conveniently - sometimes they are used very intensively (;

2015-01-09, 23:49:31
Reply #649

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra!
About the "Main" tab
Have Sampling ballance and Speed vs. Accuracy ballance in the Main tab was more conveniently - sometimes they are used very intensively (;
they are still accesible in the system tab - we just did not want beginners seeing them ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-10, 01:07:41
Reply #650

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
They new Render Setup menus are making me somewhat confused, however I think ones you get used to them they are nice :)

2015-01-10, 02:24:49
Reply #651

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Hi Ondra!
About the "Main" tab
they are still accesible in the system tab - we just did not want beginners seeing them ;)

know that.
But well. I'll try to get used if you need it for beginners.
The main that in finally we won't get a "three buttons". (;

2015-01-10, 02:46:22
Reply #652

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
They new Render Setup menus are making me somewhat confused, however I think ones you get used to them they are nice :)

hi Daniel reutersward,
i knew many of your great works, they are very beautiful. i think the new render setup makes the tab makes it looks cleaner and faster editing. but i think it would be easier if a tiny button for expand all & collapse all the tabs are added. usually the button are comes with the (- , +) symbol.

2015-01-10, 10:40:12
Reply #653

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi Daniel reutersward,
i knew many of your great works, they are very beautiful. i think the new render setup makes the tab makes it looks cleaner and faster editing. but i think it would be easier if a tiny button for expand all & collapse all the tabs are added. usually the button are comes with the (- , +) symbol.

Thank you noeal20! I think that is a good idea to be able to expand all the menus (and when you do that the settings are in the same place as original) As the menus are now I find myself spending some time clicking on menu after menu trying to find what setting I´m looking for. However this is not a big problem, I think if you give time you will learn where all the settings are :)

2015-01-10, 17:12:15
Reply #654

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Love the new interface! :)

Some of the old problems are still there with interactive, for example restarts when maps in mat editor are selected (not sure if this should be reported no mantis, again).

2015-01-10, 17:54:57
Reply #655

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Love the new interface! :)

Some of the old problems are still there with interactive, for example restarts when maps in mat editor are selected (not sure if this should be reported no mantis, again).

I know about that and I will try to solve it, but it looks like lost fight - either it unnecessarily restarts sometimes, or it sometimes does not restart when it should. Unfortunately 3dsmax tells the whole system "everything in this material was changed" after its UI was displayed in material editor :/ I was trying to find a workaround, but as I said - either it restarts unnecessarily, or it does not restart in other situations :/

2015-01-10, 23:04:48
Reply #656

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, Max again... Thanks for the info.

2015-01-11, 19:10:06
Reply #657

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Talking about this tutorial

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,6550.0/topicseen.html

Is a good idea to share video, screenshot etc.. to public about daily, internal version?

2015-01-11, 20:01:21
Reply #658

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2015-01-11, 20:07:36
Reply #659

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Thanks =)  I didn't see
I'm VRay beta tester and it's absolutely denied to share info about internal/daily version =)