Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 159199 times)

2014-12-29, 22:01:48
Reply #615

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes im running dr server as administrator because if i run it normal i get this error (on every machine) 3dsmax is running normal
try running 3dsmax as administrator also - does it still have a licence?

BTW: Did some other recent build (one before the DR change, e.g. 2014-12-27) work?

Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-30, 02:42:06
Reply #616

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
tried the 3dsmax as administrator and no license, abou the older version i was away for holidays and havent test them, ill try that tomorrow.

2014-12-30, 18:38:53
Reply #617

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys, also want to report that if you have a vraynormal map on your material by mistake or it hasnt been converted this latest build crashes max if you try o render or if you pick the material on the material editor.

2014-12-30, 18:49:42
Reply #618

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
please, please, PLEASE use the bug reporting section or mantis for bugs, crashes, etc...

about the DR/licencing: I will need to rethink how the licence is stored...  unfortunately windows are REALLY badly designed when UAC/non-admin accounts are used :/
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-30, 23:11:11
Reply #619

davius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow!! Impossible to keep up in this Holliday Season! Has the render settings UI changed back? I kinda liked the new (now scrapped) way it was working, with creation and destruction of rollouts.
it still works like this

Strange... I updated from the last build available (Build timestamp: Dec 29 2014 00:31:37) and this method was gone. I re-downloaded and now it's back again. Odd.

Can I give a suggestion? Would it be possible to implement a #mapamountBump spinner but for the displacement (as exists on every other render engine)? I know you have a better level of control of displacement on Corona (with the Min and Max levels) but it's not the same thing. Having it would help keep consistency on Max's Materials.

Cheers!

2014-12-31, 00:20:43
Reply #620

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry keymaster, about dr license, im the administrator of my pc and 2 more other with the account as administrator and evereything so anything that is run on he pc it supposed to be as an administrator account, also i dont have on that machines other user accounts so im not very clear about this, i made a test with 3dsmax as administrator, activated a license again as an administrator on that machine an use it as dr server and it worked but doesnt read the textures as the old release and the textures are stored local on every machine, heres and image, i hope it helps.

2014-12-31, 17:04:34
Reply #621

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-12-31, 19:59:22
Reply #622

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
A little comparing between A7.2 and DB 29/12/14
Happy New Year for everyone!

2014-12-31, 20:14:41
Reply #623

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A little comparing between A7.2 and DB 29/15/14

Hi there, im not a daily build tester so i wanted to ask, it seems to me that you got less passes/rays in these renders with the current daily build than Alpha 7.2 in the same render time, but to me visually its the second render seems to have more noise, is this an improvement or this is something bad?
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2014-12-31, 20:16:46
Reply #624

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi there, im not a daily build tester so i wanted to ask, it seems to me that you got less passes/rays in these renders with the current daily build than Alpha 7.2 in the same render time, but to me visually its the second render seems to have more noise, is this an improvement or this is something bad?

Hi nehale!
Of course this is improvement

2014-12-31, 20:59:05
Reply #625

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
mmm I see more noise in the daily build picture, is this right? I see the daily build is slower to render than the A7.2

Cheers.

2014-12-31, 22:48:59
Reply #626

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are you sure this is improvement? Only direct light looks better in newer version... Or maybe you put wrong titles on images? :D
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-01-01, 00:32:05
Reply #627

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile

Nice improvement for ies, but I can see the db image is noisier than 7.2 version in the other side of the scene... Is that normal ?

2015-01-01, 01:39:42
Reply #628

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I would be interested in images after longer time - it may be possible that after some time the noise in newer version will go away, but in the older one, the noise around the direcitonal lights will be still there

2015-01-01, 11:01:25
Reply #629

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you sure this is improvement? Only direct light looks better in newer version... Or maybe you put wrong titles on images? :D

Hi maru!
can't find post, but Ondra wrote he improved behaviors of directlight's shadow

Nice improvement for ies, but I can see the db image is noisier than 7.2 version in the other side of the scene... Is that normal ?

Hi Chakib!
this is the scene with more than 260 lights - unfortunatly Corona still bad cleans shadows when so many sources of light
And DB was counted with UHD - and it a little slowly than HD

HNY guys and girls! (;

attached A7.2 vs DB 29/12/14 with HDcache
only directlights
200 passes and 1000 passes