Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 159149 times)

2014-12-21, 21:49:37
Reply #585

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Testing new UI, so far i like it.
Found that UI type selector is redundant now and do nothing. Shouldn't it be removed?

Edit: if Secondary Solver is set to HD or UHD and according tab is set to show, changing Sec. Solver to PT or none and back to HD (UHD), according tab becomes hided. IMHO it'd be better if it remember its state.

Edit 2: tabs state is stored with scene file - that's good, but it resets to default on max start ar reset - that's bad.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-21, 22:09:44 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-12-22, 01:53:54
Reply #586

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Pixel Artist Illustration
I too really like the new UI!!  Very nice!  I would also agree with Romullus' last post comments.

Currently really testing out the new Interactive mode and WOW it's truly amazing!  Having so much fun with it!  By far the best interactive render implementation I've seen yet!  Thea's may still be a bit better in few small ways (like the sketchup implementation you can make the main window interactive and even still work directly in it!).  But, overall, Corona's is far more powerful and feature complete!  I just can't believe you'd doing all this with only the CPU!  Amazing!

FYI, so far so good for the new build, nothing major so far.  A few "weird behavior" things but still exploring them.

Also, I've never noticed this up til now but I see Corona is having the same issue many other renderer do with smooth faceted curves/sphere (edge termination, or whatever it's called).  I know the Maxwell/Thea/Fry engines have been able to solve this.  Is this a new issue? (see attached leaf image)
Adrian Alan Brown
The Pixel Artist Illustration
www.thepixelartist.com
Behance Gallery: https://www.behance.net/thepixelartist

2014-12-22, 08:09:24
Reply #587

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Wow. New UI is very useful!
But why not make it on the top? why is it on the bottom? it always moves down when i click on the buttons to show menus. And on the top it will be always on the same place, or not?

2014-12-22, 10:55:25
Reply #588

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Good idea! Very useful. (About UI). But gamma is very necessary(ю
UHD Test with dynamic obj and cam here:
. No flicks.
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2014-12-22, 11:32:42
Reply #589

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Wow. New UI is very useful!
But why not make it on the top? why is it on the bottom? it always moves down when i click on the buttons to show menus. And on the top it will be always on the same place, or not?
Unfortunately it cannot be made always on top/always opened/always visible, because of the limitations of the 3dsmax rollout system. I will try to look what can be improved, but the chances are slim. However if you once move it to the top, it stays there, even when you close and open 3dsmax again.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-22, 12:37:40
Reply #590

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I ran some tests and the new UHD is very impressive and stable.. no need to pre-calculate the cache either, just render each frame and perfect!

There are some other... probably unrelated things though.. like noise through refraction is really really bad. Like I haven't even had the patience to let it run for long enough to be clean, which is interesting for animation.  This how ever happens only where there is light through refractions, the walls next to are clean nearly instantly.

Anyway I will try and upload some tests tomorrow. overall looking really good.

2014-12-22, 12:45:02
Reply #591

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
great, when you do the comparisons, please also include HD cache for the "noise through refractions" example
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-22, 14:20:30
Reply #592

zouhair_psi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, when I select low memory,  I can render only the background even if there's geometry in the scene.
also I notice when I deselect precise et high quality the render become faster and less noisy.

2014-12-22, 15:36:50
Reply #593

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, when I select low memory,  I can render only the background even if there's geometry in the scene.
also I notice when I deselect precise et high quality the render become faster and less noisy.

There is currently bug in low-mem. If you deselect precise, then faster, but possibly problematic embree kernels will be used. They can cause light leaks sometimes, so they are not selected by default.

2014-12-22, 15:50:51
Reply #594

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
Still I have a sentence: to add Albedo channel to interactive rendering for faster adjustment.
sorry for my english

2014-12-22, 16:29:55
Reply #595

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Still I have a sentence: to add Albedo channel to interactive rendering for faster adjustment.

Yeah, that, most surely, would be quite handy to have.

2014-12-22, 16:58:43
Reply #596

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
and more: automatically switch off "auto backup maxfile", if "interactive rendering" is running.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-22, 17:02:18 by ecximer »
sorry for my english

2014-12-24, 14:34:32
Reply #597

kregred

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Build timestamp: Dec 21 2014
Before resseting the settings there was strong flickering. But after setting reset everything is okay.
Did you do any speed optimizations in the latest build? It's 40% faster with same settings.
p.s. The flashes on the right are from animated lamp
« Last Edit: 2014-12-24, 14:54:30 by kregred »

2014-12-24, 14:58:01
Reply #598

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
cool!

2014-12-24, 16:33:13
Reply #599

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Christmas gift from me. ;)

There are some differences, for example UHD one looks slightly darker and is more noisy. There is also more single bright pixels on the block wall with UHD (like very weak fireflies). Why is MSI in UHD settings different than the one in general settings?

What's the relation between UHD's sampling quality and HD's quality? (forgot the name - in UHD it's 512 and in HD it's 256, should it be the same to have good comparison?)

UHD rendering was slightly slower.

In the zip file there are two images in original quality + indirect passes + vfb screens.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us