Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 156918 times)

2014-12-12, 15:11:43
Reply #510

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
really? Do you have some specific comparisons? I didnt thought it was ready for testing, but if it is already better, I would like to see where ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-12, 15:14:16
Reply #511

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
really? Do you have some specific comparisons? I didnt thought it was ready for testing, but if it is already better, I would like to see where ;)

well maybe it's not? I guess I was really just assuming that the changes to the Direct Light and the static noise was part of the new UHD? But is this not the case? Would I get these things with the "old" too ?

2014-12-12, 15:17:15
Reply #512

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
no, you will get the static noise/direct light changes with ALL gi methods
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-12, 15:18:14
Reply #513

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

excellent! my bad then! may I ask what is "new" about the UHD then? just out of curiosity.  Btw I will test the latest build again on the same scene, using the old HD

2014-12-12, 15:18:58
Reply #514

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

excellent! my bad then! may I ask what is "new" about the UHD then? just out of curiosity.  Btw I will test the latest build again on the same scene, using the old HD

Pretty much nothing... It should be identical to HDcache at the moment.

2014-12-12, 15:21:58
Reply #515

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
UHD cache is not working for me either on latest build(12.12.) HDcache works fine.

2014-12-12, 16:04:44
Reply #516

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
There's no need for such actions anymore. Change resolution of IR on the fly by resizing VFB itself. Whole concept has changed.

Thanks Romullus, now I understand some other posts from Cecofuli.
I think it's not a great idea to work in this way. It's wonderfull the capability to change resolution just resizing VFB, very quik vay to work, but it's so bad to loose the aspect ratio defined in render setting. We do a lot on render for industrial photography and it's a must to respect certain size/aspect, so this new way to freely resize the VFB is actually not good for me. I have the same problem I had before, to modify VFB resolution and mantain the aspect ratio I must to set the new resolution in render setting, start and stop a render and then restart IR.
Any options to modify this?

Edit: maybe a flag in VFB or just behind IR button to lock aspect ratio during VFB resizing should be a great gift for the new year ;)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-12, 16:09:02 by Alessandro »
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2014-12-12, 16:52:43
Reply #517

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So, for anyone interested in the IR loop that I'm seeing, I have created a test scene which reproduces the behavior here:

https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=671

Have a look in the notes, there's a link to the file. Not sure why it shows '0000018:0000009,5' in there, it's meant to be '9,5' in case you wonder.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else can reproduce it. For me it'll always fail once poly count for the rendered content exceeds ~10 mills polys, regardless of object count, lights, materials etc.

2014-12-12, 17:11:06
Reply #518

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Created teapot with 16M faces and got same sympthoms as you described.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-12-12, 17:17:13
Reply #519

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Is DB working and stable again right now ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-12-12, 17:26:23
Reply #520

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it should be much more stable than last daily (19.10.)

2014-12-12, 17:33:13
Reply #521

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Same idiotic mistake I did with you on FB, sorry, DR. I don't know why I keep writting DB for whatever reason :/

Distributed rendering, as my life hangs on it :- ).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-12-12, 17:35:57
Reply #522

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona DR is now working, and should work the same as in 19.10. UHD cache might not be working, so you should switch manually to HD cache if UHD is selected

2014-12-12, 17:48:31
Reply #523

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I will make a build with HD cache selected by default, that will be probably the best solution

2014-12-12, 18:31:28
Reply #524

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
New daily build is up, HD cache is back by default, while UHD is being worked on