Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 159054 times)

2014-12-11, 16:47:50
Reply #495

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I honestly don't know. Just trying to break something and report if i succeed :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-12-11, 17:00:32
Reply #496

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I honestly don't know. Just trying to break something and report if i succeed :]

Yes, that's always good. I am just thinking about how many people would be made angry, if option to use native VFB was completely removed and there would be only CoronaVFB. Ondra would have to work out compatibility with VFB+ plugin though...

2014-12-11, 17:19:07
Reply #497

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yes, that's always good. I am just thinking about how many people would be made angry, if option to use native VFB was completely removed and there would be only CoronaVFB.

At least me ;) . Don't ever break any fallbacks. There are sometimes reasons (be it a plugin like vfb+ or deadline or backburner or pipeline dependent tools for the standard vfb or whatever) to use the Standard framebuffer.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-12-11, 17:30:27
Reply #498

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yes, that's always good. I am just thinking about how many people would be made angry, if option to use native VFB was completely removed and there would be only CoronaVFB.

At least me ;) . Don't ever break any fallbacks. There are sometimes reasons (be it a plugin like vfb+ or deadline or backburner or pipeline dependent tools for the standard vfb or whatever) to use the Standard framebuffer.

If you always keep legacy, you may end up like Vray, or worse, like Mental Ray. There should be done clean up every once in a while, but result should never be worse than previous state. Here i am thinking just about removing possibility to select it in UI, but it would not be completely gone, so network rendering managers could still use it. Right now, it would make most sense to simply move the entire dropdown menu into devel/debug settings, and make some trigger which would activate it in case VFB+ is installed.

Of course this can only happen when there's nothing that native VFB can do but CoronaVFB not, which is not the case yet, but hopefully will be soon.

2014-12-12, 01:34:25
Reply #499

form

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Plus Form
DR question, apologies if its been covered.
I installed the latest build 12-09 - My dr nodes are reporting licence not present in the maxlog, render aborts, how do you fix this?
Thanks

2014-12-12, 02:42:12
Reply #500

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
DR question, apologies if its been covered.
I installed the latest build 12-09 - My dr nodes are reporting licence not present in the maxlog, render aborts, how do you fix this?
Thanks

you have install the latest build, start max and activate the license if you haven't

2014-12-12, 02:56:14
Reply #501

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
any chance the other max versions will be uploaded today?  Really badly need that Deadline fix :?

2014-12-12, 03:05:15
Reply #502

form

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Plus Form
you have install the latest build, start max and activate the license if you haven't

I've done that, both can render (tested in max after activating). open drserver on them, receives scene, fires max and then closed loopback connection

2014-12-12, 10:28:01
Reply #503

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
to activate licence without starting 3dsmax:

create a file %LOCALAPPDATA%/CoronaCorenderer/CoronaActivation.txt

whit contents:

email:password
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-12, 14:19:56
Reply #504

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
My PC setup:

Dual Xeon E5-2650 v2, 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX770
Win7/64, Max 2014

Btw, I've been testing 2 simple scenes and had no issues... But as soon as there's more geometry and higher polycount IR starts to hang/freeze, up to a point where it doesn't render anymore and loops through pre-processing like I described above. See mantis bug report #671 (https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=671) for a screengrab of the task manager when this happens.

Hi maybe it's a stupid suggestion but could it be max autosave in action ? it usually kicks in in quite inappropriate moments (why couldn't autodesk made some mouse activity dependant one is a good question) at least for me I'ts the real showstopper when using interactive especially on some geometry heavy scenes and especially when those are populated by many forestpack/railclone/multiscatter objects. Plus if you use railclone, check this http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=2606.0 - quite a nasty issue/behaviour which can lead to some quite unpredictable results when rendering using Corona or something else which isn't v-ray, thankfully it's partially fixed in 2.4.1 beta and that's not some my own case specific issue, as most of their standard library objects use material id operator too ...

2014-12-12, 14:33:46
Reply #505

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi maybe it's a stupid suggestion but could it be max autosave in action ? it usually kicks in in quite inappropriate moments (why couldn't autodesk made some mouse activity dependant one is a good question) at least for me I'ts the real showstopper when using interactive especially on some geometry heavy scenes and especially when those are populated by many forestpack/railclone/multiscatter objects. Plus if you use railclone, check this http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=2606.0 - quite a nasty issue/behaviour which can lead to some quite unpredictable results when rendering using Corona or something else which isn't v-ray, thankfully it's partially fixed in 2.4.1 beta and that's not some my own case specific issue, as most of their standard library objects use material id operator too ...

No, not the case unfortunately, and it wasn't an issue with the older build for me where auto-save kicked in, did its job and IR just continued. Also not using RailClone nor any other plugins, no complicated modifier stacks, very simple materials. It happens just after the launch of IR and is really not related to auto-save as far as I can see.

I guess it's one of the rare cases where it's difficult to pinpoint the exact reason. Hope it'll be resolved, after all it worked way better with earlier builds for me.

Anyways, great job from the dev team in general, regardless of IR this engine already saved me tons of time and made some things possible that I wasn't able to get right before. Lots of happy pixels! ;)

2014-12-12, 14:35:22
Reply #506

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

No, not the case unfortunately, and it wasn't an issue with the older build for me where auto-save kicked in, did its job and IR just continued. Also not using RailClone nor any other plugins, no complicated modifier stacks, very simple materials. It happens just after the launch of IR and is really not related to auto-save as far as I can see.

I guess it's one of the rare cases where it's difficult to pinpoint the exact reason. Hope it'll be resolved, after all it worked way better with earlier builds for me.

Anyways, great job from the dev team in general, regardless of IR this engine already saved me tons of time and made some things possible that I wasn't able to get right before. Lots of happy pixels! ;)

You should contact Keymaster. He will be able to set up a remote debugging session with you and see whats going wrong right on your computer. It would be really great to get these rare bugs squished ;)

2014-12-12, 14:39:07
Reply #507

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
@keymaster Is it possible that the "computing secondary GI" is broken in the latest build from the 12th?  I just installed it on a super heavy and unstable scene.

2014-12-12 build doesn't generate any Rays/s like 8 or 25 and hangs.. sits there pretending to do something but I can't stop it and close the render dialog. Have force kill max.

Just went back to the 2014-12-09 build... instantly found more than 1mill rays/s and is building the secondary GI as I am typing this.  (how ever deadline is broken in this build).

2014-12-12, 15:00:03
Reply #508

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Do you have HD or UHD cache selected? Try selecting HD. I am doing some changes in UHD right now
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-12, 15:03:17
Reply #509

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Do you have HD or UHD cache selected? Try selecting HD. I am doing some changes in UHD right now

That may be it.. been using UHD since it was added. So much cleaner for most jobs.