Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 157040 times)

2014-12-10, 21:42:21
Reply #480

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
For me the IR is working just fine. Only 1 crash in three different scenes since 3 days. I can live with that for now.

But there is one other ting to suggest. It would be nice to have an option to set time/passes for the IR to stop rendering if there were no changes to the scene/view.

Yup, that's planned :)

2014-12-10, 21:47:55
Reply #481

Dom74

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IR is crashing often for me, when tweaking materials, especially with forest pack pro multi-materials, crash and return to windows.

2014-12-10, 23:53:25
Reply #482

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
IR is crashing often for me, when tweaking materials, especially with forest pack pro multi-materials, crash and return to windows.

same here

2014-12-11, 10:25:19
Reply #483

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, I figured that would be best, however I really can't share that particular scene and any other scene I have is not 'massive' enough to trigger the issue.

I guess the other problem with restarting IR should be happening for others since I am seeing it here with every scene so far, that's why I posted this here. For example, I wonder if it has to do with the fact that my PC is a dual CPU machine.

Could you at least try to create synthetic scene of similar complexity? It's difficult if not impossible to hunt those bugs down unless there's a scene to reproduce them.

I think it's actually not necessary - after some more testing it turns out that even on very simple scenes (plane + teapot + light, 1 material) IR freezes every 10 seconds, CPU usage jumps up and down, and it takes anything from 2 to 20 seconds to come back so you can navigate in the scene - unfortunately it's completely unusable here, the only thing I haven't come across yet is crashes like described by others. It just doesn't make sense to bother and create a scene for this as it will fail anyways.

If it's working without problems for others - and it seems it does - then what exactly is going wrong here? Is it related to different hardware setups? I imagine it'll be close to impossible to create a robust IR that works for all people then.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-11, 10:36:59 by pokoy »

2014-12-11, 10:51:48
Reply #484

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yep, I figured that would be best, however I really can't share that particular scene and any other scene I have is not 'massive' enough to trigger the issue.

I guess the other problem with restarting IR should be happening for others since I am seeing it here with every scene so far, that's why I posted this here. For example, I wonder if it has to do with the fact that my PC is a dual CPU machine.

Could you at least try to create synthetic scene of similar complexity? It's difficult if not impossible to hunt those bugs down unless there's a scene to reproduce them.

I think it's actually not necessary - after some more testing it turns out that even on very simple scenes (plane + teapot + light, 1 material) IR freezes every 10 seconds, CPU usage jumps up and down, and it takes anything from 2 to 20 seconds to come back so you can navigate in the scene - unfortunately it's completely unusable here, the only thing I haven't come across yet is crashes like described by others. It just doesn't make sense to bother and create a scene for this as it will fail anyways.

If it's working without problems for others - and it seems it does - then what exactly is going wrong here? Is it related to different hardware setups? I imagine it'll be close to impossible to create a robust IR that works for all people then.

Combination of Hardware, OS and 3ds Max version would be helpful in this case... I've actually got several of such freezes too, but i was never able to reproduce them.

2014-12-11, 12:09:12
Reply #485

Dom74

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If this can help, my configuration is :
Win 7 X64 - 3DSMAX 2015 SP2 - CPU I7 3930K - 32 GO ram - 1 Titan / 2 GTX 780 TI

2014-12-11, 12:20:03
Reply #486

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My PC setup:

Dual Xeon E5-2650 v2, 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX770
Win7/64, Max 2014

Btw, I've been testing 2 simple scenes and had no issues... But as soon as there's more geometry and higher polycount IR starts to hang/freeze, up to a point where it doesn't render anymore and loops through pre-processing like I described above. See mantis bug report #671 (https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=671) for a screengrab of the task manager when this happens.

2014-12-11, 15:12:35
Reply #487

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, for me its not only ir, on a complex multi sub object material the 3dsmax crashes or stays not responding when i open or try to render, ive left it for a night to see if it responds and nothing happend, this problem presents on a heavy exterior and also a regular interior scene.

2014-12-11, 15:52:02
Reply #488

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
I've installed 7.2 and the last daily build just now (2014-12-09), we have just finished a job, a boring problematic one, so I could not test it before...

It works fine, licence works fine, go to have some tests and I'll report if I'll find some problems.

Edit: one note, as in previous builds, if you change render resolution and start IR again, it not uses the new resolution. You have to run a render, stop it and then IR will use the new res. It is very boring..
« Last Edit: 2014-12-11, 15:57:48 by Alessandro »
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2014-12-11, 16:06:11
Reply #489

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Edit: one note, as in previous builds, if you change render resolution and start IR again, it not uses the new resolution. You have to run a render, stop it and then IR will use the new res. It is very boring..
There's no need for such actions anymore. Change resolution of IR on the fly by resizing VFB itself. Whole concept has changed.

BTW, why there's limitation on vertical VFB size? Sometimes i find minimal VFB size still too big for my needs.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-12-11, 16:07:56
Reply #490

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
because of the side panel
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-11, 16:11:34
Reply #491

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Ahh, i shoud've guessed. Is there a way to introduce scroll bars or it'll be too complicated?

2014-12-11, 16:15:51
Reply #492

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Ahh, i shoud've guessed. Is there a way to introduce scroll bars or it'll be too complicated?

Not really complicated. But quite inconvenient and ugly. Minimal vertical size fits even on the super tiny screens (1366*768 laptop LCDs) so i don't see much of a reason of making it even smaller. If it's because of IR, just run it in a viewport ;)

2014-12-11, 16:31:18
Reply #493

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Nevermind then, i can live with it :]

Found two issues with native VFB an IR. If native VFB is chosen and IR is running:
  1. ..live VFB scaling not working.
  2. ..doing repeated sequences of interactive and normal renderings, creates new VFB windows and leaves old ones opened. I can make video if my description is unclear.

2014-12-11, 16:32:42
Reply #494

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
What would be the reason to use native VFB instead of Corona one?