Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 158911 times)

2014-12-09, 14:40:47
Reply #465

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
updated DB info in the first post - request keys are now automated, you do not need to send them.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-09, 18:44:27
Reply #466

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Ahhh! Now I got it!! It gives me 3 days of offline use if I'm unable to reach the internet, but will auto "rearm" itself once connected again.

Well, I see a problem with it right off the bat - imagine a weekend where you stopped working on friday and will only come back on monday (or if an extended holliday takes place even later). You can turn your PC on just to find out you can't use Corona if you get any connections problem in that day. A little longer period would diminish the chances of this occurrence greatly, like a week or two.

You will never be truly free of this possible issue, but if that can be reduced further by simple measures then I think it's a good idea.

Cheers!
That issue bothers me too and very much so, just for a little different reason - stupid and irrelevant to the most of "normal" people one, yet quite real and not to tell how annoying for me:
 Well the reason is - I live in such a crapland where our "great and glorious" fuhrer (old, bad, kgb spawned, c***s***ing megalomaniac fa***t actually :) ) can decide that going to internets what are outside the crapland itself can "stir peoples minds" too much or some other idiotic nonsense like that and thus decide to limit or even ban normal internet's. To spice things up, I happen to live in that certain not-so-long-ago conquered/thieved/acquired/returned (whatever one prefers to call it) province/region and that in itself is quite internet stability unfriendly place due to a quite chaotic ,to say the least, financial and political situation here. Hope that will never happen, but who could have guessed this situation will end up this way a year ago or so ...
 So yes given those conditions, that type of activation is not the best method for me, and the SAAS licensing type in general. I would pretty much prefer some BOX floating/network licence, like the one Itoo products have for example. It is almost internets independent - one activation and you're good to go for a year or whatever your subscription period is and then keep all those updates acquired during that period for indefinite amount of time, plus I can change/replace (and that happens sometimes) hardware on my main pc as much as I like as this licencing server is running on different pc, hell I can even use any of my monitor equipped pc's for actual + network rendering while doing some other stuff (work in an archicad, gaming whatever) on my main one.
 So yes again I'm concerned about those 3 days without the internet's and gtfo thing pretty much too.     

2014-12-09, 22:59:07
Reply #467

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
this is only for daily builds before release, because the activation needs to be tested
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-10, 00:20:15
Reply #468

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Whew, am I glad to hear that :)

2014-12-10, 00:50:45
Reply #469

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 Hmm, I wanted to do some sort of a bug report/feature request for some sort of a material/effect, mat id function which works on instances as I have run into this issue here http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=2606.0 Still, I am not sure if I don't miss something, maybe if it's just RailClone's way of doing things, well of not compatible with Corona's way of doing things sort and even which of the two I should do at all :) Maybe there is some kind of workaround/method of which I just don't know about as I haven't owned RC before and somehow over the years just haven't ran into instancing + material id randomization problem/behaviour, but it is there, of course, due to the way instances work in the first place. The only thing I'm sure of is that v-ray got something that works in those cases - yet not sure what exactly as I haven't used it in quite a while.
Sorry to plague this thread but I'm just not sure if it is a bug or if it should be a request if it's not the one or is it possible at all - I did search the forum through and through but didn't find anything I could recognize as being related to that, well only this https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,3448.msg25271.html#msg25271 sounds quite related due to a similar symptoms (huge ram consumption with no apparent reason) yet the thread is rather old and nobody replied anything there so I decided to ask it here - sorry again :)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-10, 00:57:38 by antanas »

2014-12-10, 08:50:19
Reply #470

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Updated the Material Converter for the latest daily builds, testing would be very appreciated :)
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,126.msg41990.html#msg41990

@lacilaci:
Download and install the build, go to Corona Settings F10, About rollout, "Activate license" button, and use the email + code to activate a FairSaas license.

It works now. The problem was that I was on a very slow and unstable connection. And I guess, for that reason i didn't get the pop-up asking for login details but instead the old one asking for activation code. This got me confused and i thought that I should enter the login details some place different and then later when I get back on better connection corona would just verify the licence and activate.

But when I got back home to a finally working internet it showed me the popup for login details right away.

2014-12-10, 14:36:52
Reply #471

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So... finally did some brief testing of IR (db from 2014-12-09), and on production scenes it's ironically the worst IR experience I had so far with Corona. Submitting the issues seems not useful on Mantis, I'd rather like to post it here, mainly because I'd like to see if I'm alone with the issues:

- material editor performance is better when the scene has many materials (200+) but it's still quite slow. Every action has a 2-3 seconds delay, far from workable state imo
- IR doesn't get beyond pre-processing state, instead it loops so when it starts rendering, it immediately goes back to pre-processing. CPU load is always one core, thus never really gets beyond 3% here

As I said, I am getting these issues with 3 production scenes, and they're fairly different. A fresh scene with a small number of object/lights/materials works fine, but that's not the real world scenario.

I am alone seeing this, especially the not functional IR on production scenes?

2014-12-10, 15:21:56
Reply #472

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
- material editor performance is better when the scene has many materials (200+) but it's still quite slow. Every action has a 2-3 seconds delay, far from workable state imo

Others are bugs, but this one just does not make sense. Of course either IR or Material editor will hang. You are doing two renderings at once. That's a nonsense. I think material editor previews should be completely disabled when IR is running. When you are interactively tweaking anything in your scene, then there's no point of looking at the material editor, when you have preview right in the interactive window, which is a lot more accurate since you see how it looks right in the scene, not just on some random shaderball.

Maps thumbnails should still draw, as those are almost free to render, but materials previews themselves should be completely disabled as long as IR is running. Otherwise  both material editor and interactive rendering will suffer from it.

There's currently checkbox to disable material editor rendering when IR is running in IR settings rollout, but it doesn't seem to work :(

As for other problems, if you want to get them resolved very quickly, them be sure to send Ondra the scene.

2014-12-10, 15:29:19
Reply #473

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Of course either IR or Material editor will hang. You are doing two renderings at once. That's a nonsense.

I probably should've specified that this is without any rendering or IR, sorry for not making this clear.

2014-12-10, 15:44:34
Reply #474

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Of course either IR or Material editor will hang. You are doing two renderings at once. That's a nonsense.

I probably should've specified that this is without any rendering or IR, sorry for not making this clear.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nevermind then. Sorry :)

Anyway...  really, if you can scramble up any scene where the problem is reproducible, that's really the fastest and most efficient way to get things that annoy you fixed.

2014-12-10, 16:01:48
Reply #475

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nevermind then. Sorry :)

Anyway...  really, if you can scramble up any scene where the problem is reproducible, that's really the fastest and most efficient way to get things that annoy you fixed.

Yep, I figured that would be best, however I really can't share that particular scene and any other scene I have is not 'massive' enough to trigger the issue.

I guess the other problem with restarting IR should be happening for others since I am seeing it here with every scene so far, that's why I posted this here. For example, I wonder if it has to do with the fact that my PC is a dual CPU machine.

2014-12-10, 17:08:37
Reply #476

crowinhand

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!

Maybe this bug that i found is not new to you, but i didn't have time to read all the way back to find a post with this issue.
So the problem is in falloff. It works only in diffuse slot :(
What should I do? )))
Tis the wind and nothing more!

2014-12-10, 17:32:18
Reply #477

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!

Maybe this bug that i found is not new to you, but i didn't have time to read all the way back to find a post with this issue.
So the problem is in falloff. It works only in diffuse slot :(
What should I do? )))
submit a simple example scene in the bug reporting section ;)

2014-12-10, 18:59:35
Reply #478

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yep, I figured that would be best, however I really can't share that particular scene and any other scene I have is not 'massive' enough to trigger the issue.

I guess the other problem with restarting IR should be happening for others since I am seeing it here with every scene so far, that's why I posted this here. For example, I wonder if it has to do with the fact that my PC is a dual CPU machine.

Could you at least try to create synthetic scene of similar complexity? It's difficult if not impossible to hunt those bugs down unless there's a scene to reproduce them.

2014-12-10, 21:41:24
Reply #479

t4si

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me the IR is working just fine. Only 1 crash in three different scenes since 3 days. I can live with that for now.

But there is one other ting to suggest. It would be nice to have an option to set time/passes for the IR to stop rendering if there were no changes to the scene/view.