Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 156951 times)

2014-12-08, 13:33:50
Reply #435

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
ok. with latest build something strange happens with DR, seems like it moves camera. I mean i've set up animated camera, with different views. And for some unknown reason it render views with shifted camera.

2014-12-08, 15:01:11
Reply #436

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hey, all!
Finally took the time to install the latest daily (been playing with 7.1 and 7.2) and it doesn't give me a request code for activation. It simply shows the full UI and gives me the Activate Licence button, but no code (at least I couldn't find one).
Should I install and older daily?
Cheers
Rick Eloy
If you are beta tester you should've receive a letter with activation code.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-12-08, 15:25:45
Reply #437

rickeloy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tks for the reply, romullus!
Well, I'm not a beta tester, I wanted to apply to, though. I sent an e-mail with all the info earlier, but still Ondra asks for the request code and that's what's missing in the latest build (or at least so it seems).

2014-12-08, 15:39:43
Reply #438

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, all!
Finally took the time to install the latest daily (been playing with 7.1 and 7.2) and it doesn't give me a request code for activation. It simply shows the full UI and gives me the Activate Licence button, but no code (at least I couldn't find one).
Should I install and older daily?
Cheers
Rick Eloy
If you are beta tester you should've receive a letter with activation code.

Well, and I only got some login and password which I don't know what they are for :D

2014-12-08, 15:53:42
Reply #439

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Updated the Material Converter for the latest daily builds, testing would be very appreciated :)
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,126.msg41990.html#msg41990

@lacilaci:
Download and install the build, go to Corona Settings F10, About rollout, "Activate license" button, and use the email + code to activate a FairSaas license.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-12-08, 17:26:53
Reply #440

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I need to update daily builds instructions. In the meantime, please report any specific problems you encounter with the new build, especially with the IR
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-08, 20:26:08
Reply #441

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Maybe I'm stupid, but with the last version, I'm not able to set a precise resolution for IR.
Now we can resize in real time the VFB during IR, but, for example, if I want 640x640, or 1000x100 px with IR, it isn't possible.
Also, inside VFB now, we cannot zoom.

2014-12-08, 20:43:35
Reply #442

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
in the IR mode, VFB is locked to 1:1 zoom, and the render size is derived from the VFB size - if you resize the window, render restarts with new resolution. This is a design we have internally agreed to be the best.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-08, 20:46:17
Reply #443

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Maybe I'm stupid, but with the last version, I'm not able to set a precise resolution for IR.
Now we can resize in real time the VFB during IR, but, for example, if I want 640x640, or 1000x100 px with IR, it isn't possible.
Also, inside VFB now, we cannot zoom.

Why do you need precise resolution for IR? IR is not a tool to produce final image. There's no need to have exact resolution. Actually opposite. It's a big benefit to be able to resize IR window on the fly, so you can get larger image at the cost of speed, or vice versa.

2014-12-08, 21:00:16
Reply #444

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Well, I understand it. I like to know the resolution too - or at least the exact Image Aspect, since save frame isn't considered by IR and it doesn't really help me if my image composition and all of this stuff is not the same as in the viewport. Some people may not find that important, I do.
How I do it: quick render to have the VFB at the correct size and then start IR.

2014-12-08, 21:15:15
Reply #445

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Well, I understand it. I like to know the resolution too - or at least the exact Image Aspect, since save frame isn't considered by IR and it doesn't really help me if my image composition and all of this stuff is not the same as in the viewport. Some people may not find that important, I do.
How I do it: quick render to have the VFB at the correct size and then start IR.

Those are two completely unrelated things. IR not respecting safe frame is a bug, which has to be resolved. That's all.

Imagine a scenario where you do your preview/final renders at a certain resolution, and use IR to tweak scene. You will constantly have to keep changing resolution between small IR friendly one, and large production/client preview one. Right now, you can simply resize IR VFB to have any size you want. Either have it small and get very fast feedback, or large to check how it looks in higher resolution. Without need to restart it at all, and without need to change your resolution and having to remember to change it back before production render. It also eliminates many mistakes. For example launching IR rendering at some ultra high resolution, or having VFB scaling it down to 1:2, seeing still small window and wondering why IR suddenly became twice slower.

2014-12-08, 21:29:44
Reply #446

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I didn't understand that was a bug. I thought that was intended behavior.
I'm aware of that resolution swapping nonsense, but since a fixed image aspect is not possible right now there is simply no alternative to the way I suggested - be it a bug or not.

2014-12-08, 21:34:41
Reply #447

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I didn't understand that was a bug. I thought that was intended behavior.
I'm aware of that resolution swapping nonsense, but since a fixed image aspect is not possible right now there is simply no alternative to the way I suggested - be it a bug or not.

This one should be gone soon, i hope :)

2014-12-08, 22:38:40
Reply #448

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Rawalanche: is very important! For example, now I'm working to positioning 10 camera view inside my apartment, with camera clipping, camera correction modifier etc...
With this "strange" (odd) behavior of IR, it's impossible to see correctly what I'm doing.
So yes, It's much better if IR will working in accordance with the  output resolution and aspect ratio.
Without, IR will lose 80% of its possible usages.

2014-12-08, 23:00:08
Reply #449

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Is there a limitation maximum resolution to interactive in VFB ? It's impossible to maximize it:

I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures