Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 159114 times)

2014-12-06, 10:55:52
Reply #405

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, if your login was not working, try it now.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-06, 11:09:01
Reply #406

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
and the popup is fixed... I will make a build immediately
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-06, 11:16:19
Reply #407

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Emmm...Login is working fine, as i understand. The same problem with error messages.
I catch it on the video to show exactly what happens.

2014-12-06, 11:32:30
Reply #408

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Good morning all

activation went fine here!

things I noticed:
-Noticed a littel typo: Within GI (F10) in the Secondary Solver option HD Cache has changed into UHD Cache. But in the tooltips (all of them) it is still HD Cache.

I experience some saving issues:
The following items I wrote down while trying to narrow down teh problem:

*After opening a previous file made with Alpha 7.2, I experience some saving issues after playing around with latest build (5-12-2014). I receive the message that "Max is unable to rename temporary scene file" ......"possible Max file is corrupt......". It only happens when you switch between Progressive mode and Bucket mode and change the amount of pases and back to Progressive mode.
*It does not happen with a new file.
*It does happen to a new file when switching between the different rendering modes for a number of times.
*Problem solved after rebooting the system.
*But: It happens again to a new file when switching between the different rendering modes for a number of times. This time Max cannot save the file because it cannot save a BackUp file.

*Current conclusion: I guess there is something wrong with the .$sv files ....
« Last Edit: 2014-12-06, 11:47:42 by belly »

2014-12-06, 11:38:19
Reply #409

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
new build is up

2014-12-06, 11:52:07
Reply #410

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
I experience some saving issues:
The following items I wrote down while trying to narrow down teh problem:

*After opening a previous file made with Alpha 7.2, I experience some saving issues after playing around with latest build (5-12-2014). I receive the message that "Max is unable to rename temporary scene file" ......"possible Max file is corrupt......". It only happens when you switch between Progressive mode and Bucket mode and change the amount of pases and back to Progressive mode.
*It does not happen with a new file.
*It does happen to a new file when switching between the different rendering modes for a number of times.
*Problem solved after rebooting the system.
*But: It happens again to a new file when switching between the different rendering modes for a number of times. This time Max cannot save the file because it cannot save a BackUp file.

Still experiencing these issues with build 6-12-2014

Edit: Did the same test with Alpha 7.2 and did not have those issues.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-06, 13:29:01 by belly »

2014-12-06, 12:57:46
Reply #411

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Is it possible to get a list of what has changed in this matter? I ask this because I happen to be cleaning and improving the SlateConnector and I rely heavily on CoronaMtl properties :)

Here are the properties for CoronaMtls before (left) and after: https://www.diffchecker.com/dac4xo9p
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-12-06, 13:26:46
Reply #412

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Is it possible to get a list of what has changed in this matter? I ask this because I happen to be cleaning and improving the SlateConnector and I rely heavily on CoronaMtl properties :)

Here are the properties for CoronaMtls before (left) and after: https://www.diffchecker.com/dac4xo9p

oh
Great thanks Martin!

2014-12-06, 13:58:21
Reply #413

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I see there are some mistakes:
 .texmapAbsorption (mapamountAbsorption) : float
 .texmapScatterColor (mapamountScatteringColor) : float

please report any other inconsistencies you find

2014-12-06, 16:47:45
Reply #414

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

*After opening a previous file made with Alpha 7.2, I experience some saving issues after playing around with latest build (5-12-2014). I receive the message that "Max is unable to rename temporary scene file" ......"possible Max file is corrupt......".

*Current conclusion: I guess there is something wrong with the .$sv files ....

I have same problem. Simple save file didn't work, 3dsmax shows this error and works only saving as new file with new name.

2014-12-06, 16:48:11
Reply #415

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I've fixed the saving problem and I am updating the build

2014-12-06, 17:00:34
Reply #416

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
It still happens(

file was merged with a new scene and system had rebooted, but..

2014-12-06, 17:02:54
Reply #417

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The build is not up yet. Try in 5 minutes

2014-12-06, 19:13:39
Reply #418

t4si

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I made some tests of direct light sampling. The new builds are much cleaner in most areas of the rendering, but now there are problems in darker regions. It seem the firefly's need longer to go away. And somehow the indirect illumination is cleaner as well.

2014-12-06, 19:34:56
Reply #419

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool!

I will have to wait until I finish the render of my current project, next week probably.

Cheers!