Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 158940 times)

2014-10-16, 19:18:43
Reply #285

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
sometimes the parsing takes a long time, there is nothing I can do about it, except for trying to optimize some specific cases, or switching to better 3D software...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-16, 20:00:39
Reply #286

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
You may also have HDCache active. I tested IR with my cathedral scene and it's quite responsive as long as I don't use HDcache (which otherwise introduces a ~5 sec delay)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-10-16, 20:15:53
Reply #287

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
You may also have HDCache active. I tested IR with my cathedral scene and it's quite responsive as long as I don't use HDcache (which otherwise introduces a ~5 sec delay)

That's strange. As long as those multipliers in interactive rollout are set at their defaults, HDcache should progress fast... Maximally one second. Well... assuming you use interactive just in a viewport, and not as a full resolution floating VFB :)

2014-10-16, 20:20:35
Reply #288

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
You would be surprised how long it takes in a normal render :D , compared to that 5 seconds is amazingly fast ;) It's a quite complicated interior light situation with few small openings - that takes time.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-10-16, 20:23:15
Reply #289

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
aaaand another build is up. It should fix most of the random crashes.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-17, 07:35:51
Reply #290

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

A bit better. I am still getting super random crashes using normal rendering.

Just rendered 3 frames, all perfectly and when the last frame filed saved, max crashed to desktop.

renders are fine but... a bit odd.

Edit: yeah there seem to be a problem stopping rendering now..  just got another crash, from manually stopping a render.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-17, 07:50:17 by snakebox »

2014-10-17, 17:29:54
Reply #291

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Can't comment on that since I had no crashes with the previous build. But the new one feels less responsive for me. I am getting irregular short hangs and selecting objects in the viewport will restart rendering, this wasn't happening with the previous build. Nothing critical, but less snappy.

Edit:
Something I noticed that during these short hangs all the cores of the CPU are at 100%. I had similar, but fewer, short hangs with the previous build, and funnily only one core was at 100%, all the others were idle. Don't know if it's important but it's certainly a difference.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-17, 17:44:40 by pokoy »

2014-10-17, 18:41:04
Reply #292

marioteodoru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there a way to pause IR? At some point I've seen something like minimize window, but i can't find it anymore. It just disappeared.

2014-10-17, 20:43:50
Reply #293

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Is there a way to pause IR? At some point I've seen something like minimize window, but i can't find it anymore. It just disappeared.

yep
if VFB with IR have closed but wasn't stopped IR continues and it is impossible to open and stop it

2014-10-17, 23:24:31
Reply #294

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Here too,  after i tried IR with the latest build,  once i go to normal render and stop it : vfb disappears and when you push "show vfb"  it doesn't show it.  Looks like IR is running somewhere.

2014-10-18, 11:31:56
Reply #295

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
FWIW, the latest build had way less noise for the same render time compared to the earlier build, so that is a good thing. Normal rendering had comparable noise level but was a bit less noisier in very dark areas.

2014-10-18, 23:27:58
Reply #296

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
more stability fixes today

2014-10-19, 01:39:20
Reply #297

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Found bug in interactive render.
When trying to disable Emit light in CoronaLightMtl while interactive render is active - 3ds max always crashes.
Tested it 6 time, each time 3dsmax crashed.
Dailybuild from 16 Oct.

2014-10-19, 11:02:04
Reply #298

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Found bug in interactive render.
When trying to disable Emit light in CoronaLightMtl while interactive render is active - 3ds max always crashes.
Tested it 6 time, each time 3dsmax crashed.
Dailybuild from 16 Oct.

same on build from 18 Oct.

2014-10-20, 14:30:06
Reply #299

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a scene that makes max crash while in interactive rendering working.

I have a mesh with a shell object, if I activate the checker to change the material ID of the border max hangs out forever, 0% at CPU.
I tried to reproduce it in a standard scene with a cube but in that simple scene it works, so I think you will need my scene to catch the problem.

What was the link to privately send scenes? (it's from a current project)

Cheers!