Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 159142 times)

2014-10-16, 07:48:39
Reply #270

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Cool, yeah my interactive rendering crashes instantly when I try using the build from 2014-10-14

I am actually getting a lot of random instability both using interactive and normal rendering, Max crashes to desktop every 2nd time I press render.

Both using the build from the 14th and the 16th. 

tried to get the dump files but nothing was there.

I have a file now that if I open it, presses render everything works... I stop it, press render again, it will crash to desktop. just happened 4 times in a row.

Anyway running 3ds max 2014 design, 16GB ram, windows10 preview.

I have attached the dump files here:
« Last Edit: 2014-10-16, 08:33:02 by snakebox »

2014-10-16, 09:20:36
Reply #271

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

whoow you dare to use windows 10 preview..... brave

2014-10-16, 11:05:03
Reply #272

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Very little in windows core has changed, so W10 should have no impact on corona stability.

2014-10-16, 11:13:08
Reply #273

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2014-10-16, 12:33:50
Reply #274

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Cool improvements in interactive! It becomes very stable now!
But it still crashes sometime. Right now i've got crash (3dsmax simply closed without any warnings) after i tried to change colormap values.
Dailybuild from 16 oct.

2014-10-16, 12:34:41
Reply #275

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, please try to reproduce it and tell me exactly how it happened ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-16, 12:37:08
Reply #276

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fired up latest build, loaded up a massive airplane model, 19 mio polygons altogether. It's running so smooth it's hard to believe. No crash so far, I'll keep testing.

After trying some other RT engines in the past I had no hope that I'd see this one day. Completely compatible with all the 3rd party maps, every texture is highres, complicated material trees and all that, running here in front of me in that speed and ease. I guess a 'thank you' is in order, so thanks for getting this to the point where it feels like it's finally the future I've been waiting for ;)

2014-10-16, 13:27:16
Reply #277

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
ok, please try to reproduce it and tell me exactly how it happened ;)
Sorry, try to reproduce it but i can't find what is the reason of crash.
I have a question. Is it normal behavior of interactive, when i choose any object in scene, simply choose it without changing any properties or materials - interactive rendering restarts. each time when i choose anything it restarts.

2014-10-16, 13:44:51
Reply #278

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

whoow you dare to use windows 10 preview..... brave

If you look past the obvious visual changes to the UI I think you will be hard pressed to find any feel, compatibility issues etc with win10 preview.  Some small apps needs an update but otherwise everything runs exactly like win8.1.

Anyway I have found the latest build to be very flaky.. at least on my laptop (also win10) haven't tested on my desktop yet.

2014-10-16, 13:55:35
Reply #279

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Again, with the 16 Ott release, during the IR, if add a cellular map, 3ds max freeze.   

2014-10-16, 13:56:25
Reply #280

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Ok. Just right now i  got max crash while interactive rendering after one simple action: i've tried to attach simple object to the group.
I don't know is this a bug or what.
And after i restarted 3dsmax and try to repeat all these steps - all works fine for me, object attached to the group and corona continues interactive rendering process.

2014-10-16, 15:58:20
Reply #281

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Ok. Just right now i  got max crash while interactive rendering after one simple action: i've tried to attach simple object to the group.
And after i restarted 3dsmax and try to repeat all these steps - all works fine for me, object attached to the group and corona continues interactive rendering process.

try and start the interactive... then stop it, then start it again. 99% of the time I seem to able to crash max/corona by doing this.

edit: oh and not just with interactive.. the last 2 builds also seem to do a lot with regular rendering. open file -> render = everything is great. stop it, restart rendering = instant crash

2014-10-16, 18:01:15
Reply #282

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I found and fixed some crashes during both interactive and regular rendering, when using displacement. They will be fixed shortly, and are already fixed in the _2015 folder builds
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-16, 19:04:44
Reply #283

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

try and start the interactive... then stop it, then start it again. 99% of the time I seem to able to crash max/corona by doing this.

edit: oh and not just with interactive.. the last 2 builds also seem to do a lot with regular rendering. open file -> render = everything is great. stop it, restart rendering = instant crash

well, seems like for me everything works perfectly with latest 16 oct build. stoped and started render 9-10 times,but 3dsmax is still working fine)

2014-10-16, 19:12:57
Reply #284

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Keymaster, is that normal for interactive render that when i change smthng in scene, for example move camera, process of interactive rendering holds for a few seconds(2-3-5 sec) and only after that start to update picture. Is it because of heavy scene(i tested it with 6 million polys scene)?
And do you plan to reduce this period of hold?
I know, this is not the main problem, but if interactive render will become really interactive and instantly responsive - corona will become even more perfect (long live Corona! \0o0/ )