Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 156948 times)

2014-10-14, 22:33:49
Reply #255

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Hi Ondra!
It's still restart interactive render when f10 open/close
I think it small bug not need to be written in Mantis)

and also, if it's important, in interactive don't working AA on the superbright places

2014-10-15, 00:11:54
Reply #256

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
unfortunately due to the way 3dsmax is written, it is very difficult, or impossible, to make the render not restart.

Interactive currently sets internal AA to 1, I will remove this to make it as close as possible to the final rendering.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-15, 04:21:35
Reply #257

Bigguns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I found a bug, using a rectangle corona light, when I use the directionability ( it was a 0,78 and power to 1 ) , it make's a LOT of noise all over :S anyone got that too ? is it a know bug ?

2014-10-15, 08:14:01
Reply #258

DKulakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I found a bug, using a rectangle corona light, when I use the directionability ( it was a 0,78 and power to 1 ) , it make's a LOT of noise all over :S anyone got that too ? is it a know bug ?
yes, it is a serious obstacle% (

2014-10-15, 09:10:19
Reply #259

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Can anyone explain how to use Mantis?

Thanks Ondra and Deadclown

2014-10-15, 10:16:49
Reply #260

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I don't think it's a bug. It will also make noise in normal render. IR has just less sampling so it will produce more noise.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-10-15, 10:22:33
Reply #261

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
the directional light sampling will be improved soon
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-15, 11:32:52
Reply #262

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Hi Ondra,
IR freeze with simple cellular map as displacement map.
Last Daily 2015
In attachment the files

=)

2014-10-15, 12:22:12
Reply #263

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
For me all works well, but I don't do disp much at all so now.

Anyway, some good news, the heavy scene that took 50 seconds to do parsing on single core in SOA (but 2.2-2.4Ghz Xeon IvyBridge core only), and I think like 50sec plus on my i7 workstation (so single core of 3.6Ghz maybe in turbo),
now takes between 3-4 seconds to parse only. Here's screenshot :- ) I mean it without disp, it can't get much heavier than this so, it works, seem stable enough for me.

Did a comparison, on same machine (4930k, 48GB ram, SSD,etc..), after second render (and third,etc.. to avoid texture caching to interfere), the difference is brutal, it's literally 4seconds vs 50+ seconds (makes sense, it's 1 vs 12 threads).
Might do a Xeon (40 3.2Ghz threads :- ) ) soon too.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-15, 12:48:41 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-10-15, 12:30:10
Reply #264

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Interactive render is fine here for me and yes it  restarts without even pushing the F10 button after some minutes, but it's ok i can deal with that.

I've found a bug : If you stop and close the interactive render fb and you put a new resolution, it doesn't update and it takes the old res like stuck on it, but if run a normal render and you close it then you run again the interactive render, now it takes the new resolution without problems.

Parsing speed is faster than before, I'll try some heavy scenes and see again, thanks guys !

2014-10-15, 12:36:59
Reply #265

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So, stability improved with the build update yesterday, but interactive mode is randomly buggy. Can't point out something reproducible but got random hangs in general. Also, visibility updates sometimes fail when hiding/unhiding layers.
So it's back to usable but not as stable as it was for me before the new build.

Sorry for not reporting via mantis, I just have nothing really obvious to fill in right now.

Scenes parsing is so impressive. Good stuff, again :)

2014-10-15, 13:23:48
Reply #266

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well for me everything seems to work just fine parsing is super fast, the only thing I saw was some random crashing on some pretty old scenes(3-4 months back), but resaving seems to fix that..

2014-10-15, 14:13:35
Reply #267

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
If anyone finds anything reproducible then please report it ASAP. Interactive should really become rock solid.

2014-10-15, 21:57:09
Reply #268

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Well for me everything seems to work just fine parsing is super fast, the only thing I saw was some random crashing on some pretty old scenes(3-4 months back), but resaving seems to fix that..
try reset settings.
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2014-10-16, 01:14:07
Reply #269

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
New build is on the way, fixed a lot of problems in the interactive rendering, but there will surely be some new problems, so keep testing ;)