Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 157028 times)

2014-10-06, 13:48:58
Reply #180

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
the main settings are multiplied by this value in interactive tab for interactive rendering. So 0.25 means 1/4 of the main value (16/4 = 4 by default) is used

Ah I see, excellent.. aaany particular reason why 4 is default instead of 16 ?

Larger GI/AA value means less noise, but also that pass takes longer to complete. That's not much of a problem for regular rendering, but for interactive, you need fast feedback. So while with GI/AA at 16, you get clean pass, you get that clean pass after relatively long time. If you use GI/AA 1, you get super fast, but also super noisy pass, which is sometimes too noisy to determine what you are looking at, especially in interiors. So value of 4 seems to be perfect balance between noise amount and feedback speed for interactive ;)

2014-10-06, 16:49:29
Reply #181

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
I would say that more uncomfortable is the wait of parsing than the wait of 1 or 0.25

2014-10-06, 17:01:32
Reply #182

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi

Just tested IR, great tool. Will be very handy for me!
Some questions/remarques:
-Spherical camera: IR is not showing the viewport of a Spherical camera. Is this supposted to be?
-2D Pan Zoom: IR is not showing the zoomed in version of the Viewport. If this would be possible, this would be handy for me.
-Safe Frame: I work a lot with safe frames, IR is not taking them in account. Will it be possible in the future?

cheers

2014-10-06, 17:08:25
Reply #183

jonas007

keymaster ..please activate my daily build..i sent you a email with the code of my computer... im sorry if i m in the wrong place asking you for this .  please send me a PM ..

2014-10-06, 17:56:08
Reply #184

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it is not possible to show spherical viewport in 3dsmax. Corona does not manipulate any viewport other than its VFB in any way (if I understand it correctly)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-06, 18:34:44
Reply #185

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it is not possible to show spherical viewport in 3dsmax. Corona does not manipulate any viewport other than its VFB in any way (if I understand it correctly)

Matching the safe frame would be really needed, though. Hope max supports that.

2014-10-06, 22:32:09
Reply #186

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
ok, it seems like i have 2 repeating problems.
1. When i cancel render process, 3ds max crashes without any error messages. It happens only on a big heavy scenes, but not always.  I was unable to determine how and why it happens, but it happens often (well, i think every 5-6th time when i hit stop render button).
2. DR don't want to work correctly, on slave machine DR repeating starts and stop, starts and stop without any effect for the whole render process.
All this errors happens with the latest Oct 3 2014 build, Daily build post-A7, 3ds max 2014 sp5.

2014-10-06, 23:06:07
Reply #187

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Interesting bug)
if interactive viewport works with viewport from camera which use clipping and you change viewport to perspective you will get perspective with clipping as it was used in camera

2014-10-07, 00:24:46
Reply #188

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I tested it only at 2.am before speech but for me it worked quite great, was almost surprising as I expected very little ( :- D .. sorry, VrayRT experience) , was decently large scene (Icelandic house) too. Lot's of fun, will keep using this from now on.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-10-07, 05:03:37
Reply #189

dubiella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Unloop Filmes
I can't get interactive in VFB... viewport isn't usable.
Works only in viewport interactive. I've tried in other computers... same thing!
Did I making something wrong?
« Last Edit: 2014-10-07, 20:30:24 by dubiella »
CG Supervisor At Unloop Filmes.

2014-10-07, 05:16:42
Reply #190

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Quick question to you other daily testers. What would the implications to to running the daily build on a work station but the stable 7.1 on render nodes? does it go very badly in general or only if new features are used?

Basically we are here in the office contemplating running the daily because things like interactive rendering is really useful for every day use, but updating all the nodes every time would be a nightmare.

Thanks everyone!

2014-10-07, 08:55:07
Reply #191

kregred

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did I making something wrong?
yep

2014-10-07, 09:18:34
Reply #192

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Quick question to you other daily testers. What would the implications to to running the daily build on a work station but the stable 7.1 on render nodes? does it go very badly in general or only if new features are used?

Basically we are here in the office contemplating running the daily because things like interactive rendering is really useful for every day use, but updating all the nodes every time would be a nightmare.

Thanks everyone!

Check this https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,2796.0.html
Works excelent!

2014-10-07, 20:16:47
Reply #193

dubiella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Unloop Filmes
CG Supervisor At Unloop Filmes.

2014-10-08, 05:30:22
Reply #194

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
This might be an odd question, but I have noticed that the daily builds seem to be released off set to the different versions of max? Like the 2015 version currently is 2 days old, and the 2014 is a few hours old? Is this just because development is happening on 2014 and it takes that bit of extra time to compile it for 2015 ? or is it totally unrelated ?   I'm just curious! :-)