Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 156922 times)

2014-10-04, 13:25:46
Reply #165

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Bug with "use max env./use corona env." happens with regular render too
Also all slots of Corona environment reseted after closed and reopened the scene

ps: Oh! Sorry but I forget write I use interactive in one of viewports - not in VFB.

2014-10-04, 16:27:37
Reply #166

Dom74

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In the last build (with installer):
Build timestamp: Oct  3 2014 21:16:57
Corona version: Daily build post-A7, Maxsdk version: 2014
Material override not working.

2014-10-04, 17:30:13
Reply #167

Adanmq

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Collective
I´m using the exe version.

I think it´s normal but, during live rendering, i have some difficult to move complex geometry. Simple objects works great but whit complex ones moving, rotating, select objects drops the max viewport FPS or even freeze for a second or two.

If i "stop" interactive FB to make some changes, i need to reopen it because play button launch the normal render not the interactive one.

2014-10-04, 17:40:22
Reply #168

Adanmq

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Collective
Using MAX extended viewport instead of Corona FB. "Show Safe Frames" works fine in any non perspective/camera view, but it´s not working in the perspective/camera ones.

2014-10-04, 17:59:34
Reply #169

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Interactive rendering is just a toy to play with for now. It's nowhere near production ready due to two limiations:

1, If you move, rotate or scale any geometry, this geometry has to be re-translated from Max to Corona. That means if you have 2 million poly car, and you move it, it's as if you were starting entire new render and translating scene from scratch.

2, Changing ANY material parameter makes ALL of the geometry this material is applied to re-translate. So if you have large scene, with say 5 million polygons, and you apply just gray CoronaMTL to all the objects, changing any parameter of that CoronaMTL means entire scene has to be re-translated from the scratch.

These problems are fixable, but according to Keymaster, it will take quite a while to get them fixed.

2014-10-04, 20:28:24
Reply #170

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm having some issues some are similar to those people been reporting on page 8 - with 3dsmax freezing on material editor opening except for one difference - it does so when substance textures are used and does not with substance free scenes.
Even stranger - interactive render works but regular one crashes on render end\stop - this happens not only with the last "interactive .exe" build but with previous ones too yet it does not happen with earlier "pre-interactive" (2014-09-12 for example)

Here what it looks like with from 2014-10-02 to 2014-10-03 both .exe and non .exe version :
 crash on render end\stop
 on mat editor open http://clip2net.com/s/j1LvK2 - max freezes while still I'm able to save open some menus etc.
 while interactive render used http://clip2net.com/s/j1MNJD - materials using substances become black in actual working viewport + max crashes if material editor is opened

Here what it looks on 2014-09-12 :
 mat editor works as it should http://clip2net.com/s/j1N6RF - no freezes no crashes no interactive render (for obvious reasons), still occasionally materials using substances become black in viewport

build 2014-07-24 (pre "new-policy" daily) which was the one the scene was worked on before had none of the above issues

Maybe it's got something to do with that material's complexity http://clip2net.com/s/j1Nw5T - that material's setup is still worked on and as a result does look a bit too complicated and messy but it is actually quite simple and does not have to necessarily involve substances (which I don't use regularly anyways) and it does or will produce some nice results for lazy unwrap\texture paint haters like me or at least such is the intent :) 

Other than those quite scene\material specific issues interactive render is really helpful addition.

2014-10-05, 10:29:34
Reply #171

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
can you report it on mantis/in bug reporting section and include example scene causing problems?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-05, 12:00:53
Reply #172

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Interactive rendering is really good!
But when I'm using it  as activeshade window in one of viewports and when try to close and back to perspective, 3ds max is crashing without any alerts. Well, this happens on heavy scenes with loads of geometry(my current scene i'm working is 7 million polys).

2014-10-05, 13:14:12
Reply #173

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Interactive rendering is really good!
But when I'm using it  as activeshade window in one of viewports and when try to close and back to perspective, 3ds max is crashing without any alerts. Well, this happens on heavy scenes with loads of geometry(my current scene i'm working is 7 million polys).

It's ok works for me
Scene from Ludvig "sample interior scene". Upped with "subdivide" to 20 mln

2014-10-05, 16:30:07
Reply #174

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
can you report it on mantis/in bug reporting section and include example scene causing problems?

Done. Attached scene via dropbox link. Hopefully not too excessive description\information - never used mantis before so sorry if it is.

2014-10-06, 10:49:42
Reply #175

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After having only a short play with interactive rendering all I can say is that it rocks sooo much. Finally an engine without switching between interactive and normal rendering, very responsive, with full feature parity. Congrats!

2014-10-06, 10:59:26
Reply #176

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
After having only a short play with interactive rendering all I can say is that it rocks sooo much. Finally an engine without switching between interactive and normal rendering, very responsive, with full feature parity. Congrats!

This is my experience too! So awesome! I am a little confused about what the interactive rendering settings actually mean.  GI/AA 0.25 default? how does that compare to the default 16 (out of between 2 - 64) in the normal render settings?

2014-10-06, 11:06:17
Reply #177

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the main settings are multiplied by this value in interactive tab for interactive rendering. So 0.25 means 1/4 of the main value (16/4 = 4 by default) is used
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-06, 13:11:58
Reply #178

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
the main settings are multiplied by this value in interactive tab for interactive rendering. So 0.25 means 1/4 of the main value (16/4 = 4 by default) is used

Ah I see, excellent.. aaany particular reason why 4 is default instead of 16 ?

2014-10-06, 13:34:11
Reply #179

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
I have to say I LOVE the new interactive rendering, I use the legacy build and it doesn't slow down a lot and I had lot of fun using it  !

A+ Great job guys :) !