Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 159477 times)

2015-01-02, 14:47:59
Reply #630

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2015-01-04, 14:53:55
Reply #631

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I went to install 2n January build, but I see the one from 29 has "new DR". I am supposed to install that one as well ? It just throws on error about missing "wxmsw30u_corona.dll".
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-04, 15:02:32
Reply #632

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I have to say I like the new menu though. Not sure if that's the cleanest way to do it...but it's not bad.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2015-01-05, 02:08:47
Reply #633

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a situation here where UHD is slower than HD and slower than PT.

Check attached pics, I add also the liquid material config.

Cheers.

2015-01-05, 12:07:28
Reply #634

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2015-01-05, 15:31:23
Reply #635

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It doesn't make much sense to use HD or UHD in such scene. There isn't much GI bouncing going on. At least I think so. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-01-05, 21:35:54
Reply #636

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, here you have an indirect situation, the result is the same.

What I find weird is that the precomputation time in UHD is a lot higher, and that you can see a bit more light and reflections in HD vs UHD, the noise between HD and UHD is similar, of course PT has more noise, that's because HD and UHD are semi-biased to reduce noise :) but I find weird that the UHD versions lasts longer than PT version for the same sampling level, maybe not the same amount of final noise, but the same sampling configuration (I'm not sure if I'm explaining correctly).
I think the big difference has something to do with the liquid material that makes use of some volume features.

BTW Keymaster, when you have time check the two posts I posted in the daily builds forum regarding alembic motion blur to see if something can be solved for it :)

Cheers!

2015-01-05, 22:31:06
Reply #637

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here you have the same test but with a clear liquid material, simple glass material.

The results are more what I would expect from PT, HD and UHD, again notice the difference in the lighting between HD and UHD versions, UHD seems to be more correct since is more similar to PT version.

Cheers.

2015-01-06, 00:46:44
Reply #638

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Ok, here you have an indirect situation, the result is the same.

What I find weird is that the precomputation time in UHD is a lot higher, and that you can see a bit more light and reflections in HD vs UHD, the noise between HD and UHD is similar, of course PT has more noise, that's because HD and UHD are semi-biased to reduce noise :) but I find weird that the UHD versions lasts longer than PT version for the same sampling level, maybe not the same amount of final noise, but the same sampling configuration (I'm not sure if I'm explaining correctly).
I think the big difference has something to do with the liquid material that makes use of some volume features.

BTW Keymaster, when you have time check the two posts I posted in the daily builds forum regarding alembic motion blur to see if something can be solved for it :)

Cheers!

what are the precomputation times? Could you send me the scene (and maybe create a thread on mantis)?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-06, 01:18:29
Reply #639

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there.

Yes Keymaster, I can share the scene, the problem is that the alembic file is around 90gb so I'll create an alembic fie with just a few frames and I'll prepare everything to send it to you, but it will have to wait a bit, tomorrow we have the three kings day here, so it's a family day,  we all get gifts from the three kings so we are all nervous, I'm going to bed now so they can come home!!! hahaha

Cheers!

2015-01-07, 01:14:18
Reply #640

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
@keymaster

The latest DR server hotfix gives me a bunch of errors. 

First error was due to Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013, after I installed this I get this error:

Missing wxmsw30u_vc_corona.dll ?   We are running the latest daily build.

Thanks

EDIT: nevermind! I just figured it out! Thanks
« Last Edit: 2015-01-07, 01:20:17 by snakebox »

2015-01-07, 01:43:31
Reply #641

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

What did you do please ? I got the same error but I don't have patience to troubleshoot this type of stuff now.

2015-01-07, 06:42:55
Reply #642

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

What did you do please ? I got the same error but I don't have patience to troubleshoot this type of stuff now.

I thought the "DrServer_Release.exe" was an installer, but it turns out it is just the program start, like the previous "DrServer.exe". The reason why I got the 2nd error was because I was running the "DrServer_Release.exe" from an odd folder, not the folder where the dll files needed are in.

Copy DrServer_Release.exe to your normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona\DrServer and run it instead of the old  "DrServer.exe" (or do what I did, delete the old and rename the new to  "DrServer.exe" so all your old shortcuts works).

The first error is just because I didn't have "vcredist_x64.exe" installed, which is the  Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

2015-01-07, 14:36:03
Reply #643

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

I thought the "DrServer_Release.exe" was an installer, but it turns out it is just the program start, like the previous "DrServer.exe". The reason why I got the 2nd error was because I was running the "DrServer_Release.exe" from an odd folder, not the folder where the dll files needed are in.

Copy DrServer_Release.exe to your normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona\DrServer and run it instead of the old  "DrServer.exe" (or do what I did, delete the old and rename the new to  "DrServer.exe" so all your old shortcuts works).

The first error is just because I didn't have "vcredist_x64.exe" installed, which is the  Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

Oh ok, great thanks :- ) Back in my mind I even thought I should place it into right folder, but I just kept the installator association and didn't pursue :- ) Thanks, many thanks

2015-01-09, 03:00:04
Reply #644

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I have a slight concern that as great as the new UHD cache is with direct light, its amazing! just as not great it has become with indirect light..  yes it takes more passes and that's fine. But we have several scenes where if we were to do animation on these jobs, which is very standard.. exterior tall building with shops at the bottom kind of job, we would never be able to finish it while maintaining an image quality anyone would pay for.

simply put, in slightly low light areas the noise is very very persistent, and 30min -1hour a frame (which is too high) is no where near enough to give us enough passes to begin to clean this up.

Noise is very visible even after 150 passes, decent though ,but also 2-3 hours a frame on a 6 core xeon.

Yes the scene we use is super heavy, not ideally optimised from a geometry point of view etc.. but this is often the reality when working with cad imports etc, just don't have the time to sit around creating utopia unfortunately.

EDIT: I think we may have found out why we got SO much noise in this particular scene... lights... IES lights... delete them, and we get a cleaner image after 30 passes than we ever did after 120 passes.
scaling is what I am referring to, since the core things that makes corona great, also becomes its down fall when time is a problem, there is no way to fake, turn off stuff that will speed things up.

anyway im starting to ramble here, sorry just my thoughts on a problem I'm not really sure how to "fix"
« Last Edit: 2015-01-09, 07:49:03 by snakebox »