Author Topic: CG society Lighting challenge#37 entry - WiP  (Read 5359 times)

2014-07-17, 11:08:15

rew

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blogspot
Hello Everyone,

Here's my entry for this months CGS Mini Lighting Challenge I've been working on intermittently for a few weeks now. I thought it was about time I posted something in the gallery here!

Rendered using Alpha 7. I've been using Corona since A5 release, I'm an avid follower of the forum and love the Renderer. Congrats to the team! :)

The base model for the challenge has been supplied by Preston Platt, and so the Textures, Shaders & Lighting were done by myself, its still WiP so more grime and trash will be added. Heres a couple of camera views and colour treatments, my final submission will probably be in Black & White.

The images were lit using a HDR environment & Coronas Light material with a texture applied for the light panels. I set the rendertime for each 2K image to 8hrs. (tbh they were probably good to use after 2hrs) I outputted the images as 32bit EXR then used Photoshop Camera RAW filter, Lens blur & Lens correction for post.

Feedback is always welcome, thanks
Andy

Forum Link http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=185&t=1182899
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17, 11:13:36 by rew »
rew

2014-07-17, 12:55:31
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Who man, that's brutal ! Seems like the best CG mini-challenge in past year imho. (They even supplied decent nice model this time :- D )

For now you're clear winner, can't wait to see the finished results.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-07-17, 12:58:23
Reply #2

hglr123

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great renders!
Finger crossed for you!

2014-07-17, 15:17:46
Reply #3

rew

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blogspot
Who man, that's brutal ! Seems like the best CG mini-challenge in past year imho. (They even supplied decent nice model this time :- D )

For now you're clear winner, can't wait to see the finished results.

Wow thanks Juraj!! :)
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how all the final images turn out.

Great renders!
Finger crossed for you!

Thanks hglr123!

I've attached the RAW Corona render if anyones interested, and will post some updates, render stats next time. thanks

rew

2014-07-17, 17:40:44
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
These renders could easily be mistaken for photos! But since it's a lighting competition, I think you could add more detail to the lights themselves. Of course, I don't want to interfere with your idea but how about adding some dirty plastic cases to them? :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us