Author Topic: grüngürtel - architecture diploma thesis rendered in corona  (Read 3521 times)

2014-06-12, 14:40:26

greysheep5

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • cy architecture
due to the nature of the project - it is part of my diploma thesis, which is a concept about rethinking the viennese gürtel (one of viennas main traffic axes), or parts of it - the renderings are extremely non photoreal and abstract, and a bit overlayed with 2d post production.

even if the work thus might not show all the bells and whistles possible with the corona engine, it was a very cool tool for this white/color architectural abstract style. i was very happy with how corona managed to cope with the rather large project (a few kilometres of developement with lots of city, forest trees and all that).

keep up the good work!

...more renderings of the concept and full project book might follow later if i choose to dig more into the project in the post diploma phase to promote the project...

cheers,

christoph.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-12, 16:31:41 by greysheep5 »

2014-06-12, 16:09:34
Reply #1

jetcrow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wow. some day you'l be great architect :) very nice project

2014-06-12, 16:30:18
Reply #2

greysheep5

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • cy architecture
wow. some day you'l be great architect :) very nice project

better be sooner than later, as we already have our own company... ;) thank you, much appreciated jetcrow!

2014-06-13, 00:45:37
Reply #3

wastzzz

• Users
    • View Profile
i'm not that sure those biking paths are gonna work, the turns are way too tight

2014-06-13, 10:09:37
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is amazing. I'd like to ask one question: how was this whole city modelled? o_0
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-06-13, 15:59:17
Reply #5

greysheep5

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • cy architecture
i'm not that sure those biking paths are gonna work, the turns are way too tight

hey wastzzz! thanks... good question of yours. much appreciated, every critique is good!

the thing is, not all the paths of the upper level are bike paths. some of them are for leisurly strolling around, experiencing the city from new viewpoints, places like sunbathing terraces and zones for urban gardening and such.
the path which are for biking are quite well thought out but you can only see that in the floor plans / scheme of the whole project into which i put some month of research and planning... and the renderings are rough illustrations of the possibilities, not taking into account which of the routes seen in the picture are actually for foot traffic and which are for other purposes!
i had to make some choices and limitations in presentation because the whole diploma book was in that stage already 200 pages and you have only so much time (and eventually want to finish the stuff).

cheers,

chris.

2014-06-13, 16:11:27
Reply #6

greysheep5

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • cy architecture
This is amazing. I'd like to ask one question: how was this whole city modelled? o_0

hi maru.

all the modeling is done in archicad... we have 2d plans of the city and i modeled the terrain with the correct slope (some 20m difference from the middle to the borders of the planned area) and an approximation of the surrounding from aereal photos and 2d plans. and of course if you are talking about the first image - i have to dissapoint you, this one is a photomontage into an aerial shot of the areal which was taken from the PR material of the wiener westbahnhof.! :-)
the modeling and planning also includes a sub-ground floor with tunnels for the car traffic and additional functional zones which enrich the formerly monofunctional streetspace which is at the moment to 85% used up by car traffic - this is only shown on 3d sections and floor plans.

cheers,

chris.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-13, 16:27:48 by greysheep5 »